Shooting/Reloading Eye Protection [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Shooting/Reloading Eye Protection

Kwesi
11-04-2011, 18:59
I'd like some recommendations on well made eye protection. Price points would be nice to know. Also: if your like me & only wear reading glasses what do you use? I sometimes wear Walmart cheaters to help align my sights. It's tough once my hands push way beyond reading distance. I'm guessing the cheaters are not providing much protection.

Boxerglocker
11-04-2011, 20:43
Rudy Project has shooters eyewear at 30% off using promo code "USPSA" and I think they have a 40% off for certain models using "tactical" as the promo code.

I use the RYDON array with 5 lense colors for shooting and UVEX generic wrap arounds for reloading that I get from work.

unclebob
11-04-2011, 20:43
http://www.decot.com/cart/products/47/Revel.htm
It also helps if your optometrist is a shooter. So he or she knows what you are talking about.
I just had a pair made the bottom is to take care of my stigmatism. And the top right lens only has a 1.25 bifocal for shooting. So the front sight is or should say was real clear. In less than a month the bifocal is no longer any good for me. My eyes keep changing after the cataract surgeries. But at least itís for the better.

PCJim
11-04-2011, 21:29
Nothing special here. I wear regular progressive lenses all the time.

WiskyT
11-04-2011, 21:53
I wear ugly over the glasses safety glasses that I get for free. Pretty much every job my father or I have had issues safety glasses. When they get scratched up, I toss them and open a new pair. You want coverage and the ugly ones have it. The more stylish ones, also free, either don't go over glasses or don't have the coverage.

Murphy's Law
11-05-2011, 06:20
Close "one" eye :tongueout: :supergrin: