Underwood ammo. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Underwood ammo.

rcd567
11-04-2011, 20:01
Went to the range today and fired a box of their 165 grain rounds. Also took a box of Remington FMJ. Remington is what I've been shooting. Mild is what it is compared to the Underwood. I was able to keep this stuff in about a 4 inch circle (softball size) at 15 yards. I've now put about 500 rounds through my 20sf. Thinking about cleaning it after tomorrow. A buddy is shooting with me and wants to try it. Mostly going to be shooting our long guns, but want to put some more rounds down range.

Now I'm not saying it's as good as some of the premium stuff, but it's close and half the price.:wow: If you haven't give this stuff a try.

Also took my 1911 Springer TRP in 45acp. If I could only find a 1911 in 10mm at a decent price. I've shot one for so long it's almost an extension of my arm. I'll start looking into one. Until then the 20 will have to do.

TreyG-20
11-04-2011, 21:14
good to know. Ive tryed some of theyre 180gr fmj and jhp's seems better than anything else you cant get for the price

post-apocalyptic
11-04-2011, 22:18
Went to the range today and fired a box of their 165 grain rounds. Also took a box of Remington FMJ. Remington is what I've been shooting. Mild is what it is compared to the Underwood...

Heh, if you think that's a contrast; my last few range trips I've been shooting some Underwood 180gr both FMJ and JHP and 165gr JHP, (my favorite), alongside Prvi Partizan PPU "10mm"; which wouldn't be particularly hot even if it was .40 S&W. They really do feel like two different calibers. Alternating Underwood and PPU cartridges within a single mag is fun. :supergrin:

Crosseyed Shooter
11-05-2011, 08:15
My order from Underwood came yesterday. I have heard and read good things about them. I am looking forward to shooting it myself.