Glock 26 Guide Rod and Recoil Spring [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 26 Guide Rod and Recoil Spring

Dr_Rich
11-05-2011, 08:59
i'm not sure if I'm in the right spot, but this was the first subforum I found that mentioned maintenance.

I have a 3rd gen G26 with a double recoil spring and i've noticed the slide started being fussy coming off. Then last night I took a good look at the guide rod and noticed that it was...loose. Heres a quick vid. I found a replacement on Midway USA but if someone could give me some info on the spring (tension weight) and or another place to pick one up that would great!

Thanks in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtTihq0aZX0

PS
Try not to pay too much attention to my mindless rambling in the video lol

Dr_Rich
11-05-2011, 15:37
Well, I stopped by gander and the guy I spoke with has had Glocks since 1990 and one of the other guys there was a Glock Armorer. As it turns out, I was pulling the slide too far back.

The more you know...

Glockrunner
11-12-2011, 06:14
First you need to practice safe drills.
Remove the magazine and any ammo from the area.
Draw the slide to the rear and lock it back.
Check the chamber with the slide locked back, there is no real need to cycle it like in the video except to confuse you. A broken extractor for example.

Now release the slide, point the gun in a safe direction and pull the trigger.
Retract the slide about 1/8" and pull down the slide lock. As you know now, any farther will cause the trigger to reset.

Now, remove the slide with the otherhand. Allowing it to just fall off can cause damage to the recoil spring holder by impacting on surfaces.

The looseness in the recoil spring components is normal I believe.