Plum Crazy Dealer in South Florida? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Plum Crazy Dealer in South Florida?

TedG
11-05-2011, 09:10
Hi,

I'm trying to find a stocking Plum Crazy dealer in South Florida for a lower assembly. If you know of one, please send the information to me.

Thanks.
:wavey:

Facejackets
11-06-2011, 01:21
Check your local WalMart, should be in the toilet paper aisle.

caviteno_loco
11-06-2011, 01:48
Hi,

I'm trying to find a stocking Plum Crazy dealer in South Florida for a lower assembly. If you know of one, please send the information to me.

Thanks.

Haven't seen one yet locally.

If you want to get one, you could buy them for less than $120 shipped online + $15 transfer fee from Iron Sights Firearms (Hialeah)and you're good to go. :cool:

TedG
11-06-2011, 05:34
Check your local WalMart, should be in the toilet paper aisle.

You sound ignorant. If you don't have an answer that's helps, don't answer.

Facejackets
11-06-2011, 11:32

Ok. That's what it called "humor". I was making a joke. Sorry to offend your super serious thread,pal. If you want an answer that is helpful, here you go.

They are garbage. Out of spec, poorly made, crappy CS, garbage. I'd you want a decent lower, spend $50 more and get a complete Palmetto State Armory lower. But if you want to bend the lower Si badly it almost snaps in half, or you want trigger pins that walk out during range sessions, go ahead. Buy a Plum Crazy.

TedG
11-06-2011, 12:00
Ok. That's what it called "humor". I was making a joke. Sorry to offend your super serious thread,pal. If you want an answer that is helpful, here you go.

They are garbage. Out of spec, poorly made, crappy CS, garbage. I'd you want a decent lower, spend $50 more and get a complete Palmetto State Armory lower. But if you want to bend the lower Si badly it almost snaps in half, or you want trigger pins that walk out during range sessions, go ahead. Buy a Plum Crazy.

I couldn't understand everything you wrote because the spelling, etc., but I hope you feel better. You're obviously a knowledgeable AR expert since you got rid of your Plum Crazy lower. Take care. Stay in school.

bullittmcqueen
11-06-2011, 15:59
:headscratch:Hi,

Thanks.

jem375
11-07-2011, 13:50
I bought one couple of months ago and it works just fine. Fits really tight and so far no problems.

Facejackets
11-07-2011, 23:45
I couldn't understand everything you wrote because the spelling, etc., but I hope you feel better. You're obviously a knowledgeable AR expert since you got rid of your Plum Crazy lower. Take care. Stay in school.

Sorry the autocorrect on my phone offends you.

I wouldn't go so far as saying I am an "expert", but I do consider myself rather knowledgeable on the subject of ARs.

If you want to buy a garbage lower, go ahead. It's your money. I am trying to help.

Oh, and by the way, my original post was a joke. Try not to take things so serious, bud. You'll give yourself a heart attack.

Mayhem like Me
11-08-2011, 13:09

Let me be more specific I have seen three that just dont work.. dont waste the money they are garbage...
I tried to tell a guy at our agency but he was fished in, he wanted to mate the lower to a BCM upper and the holes would not line up..teh BCM fits ALL real recievers with no problem , can't make it fit the plum crazy lower...it's crap.

CarryTexas
11-08-2011, 13:32
One can build a standard lower for under $200 shipping and FFL included form PSA... If you catch their lowers on special ($49) you can build it for about $150....

Plum Crazy = $120
PSA = $150

I just don't understand why anyone would buy a Plum Crazy lower... The lower is the inexpensive part of the rifle...

The cheapest new upper that I am aware of is $400...

Take a look at other options and save yourself trouble down the road...

toddmog
11-08-2011, 18:36
Quoted for truth!

Let me be more specific I have seen three that just dont work.. dont waste the money they are garbage...
I tried to tell a guy at our agency but he was fished in, he wanted to mate the lower to a BCM upper and the holes would not line up..teh BCM fits ALL real recievers with no problem , can't make it fit the plum crazy lower...it's crap.

One can build a standard lower for under $200 shipping and FFL included form PSA... If you catch their lowers on special ($49) you can build it for about $150....

Plum Crazy = $120
PSA = $150

I just don't understand why anyone would buy a Plum Crazy lower... The lower is the inexpensive part of the rifle...

The cheapest new upper that I am aware of is $400...

Eurodriver
11-09-2011, 06:01

Yeah right. Gun enthusiasts are the most stubborn group of people I've ever met.

He's getting a Plum Crazy lower, regardless of what we hell him. He probably only shoots 2 or 3 boxes of ammo a year anyway, he'll be fine.

I'm so done trying to help people spend their money wisely. I'll just stick to the good stuff and go about my merry way! :cool:

marvin
11-09-2011, 16:31
why not just answer the man's question with out all the extra bull. if you know of a dealer say so, if you don't then don't answer.

Facejackets
11-10-2011, 00:59
why not just answer the man's question with out all the extra bull. if you know of a dealer say so, if you don't then don't answer.

Anddddddddd where exactly is your post answering the OP's question?

We were trying to help someone from wasting money.

DieselNut
11-10-2011, 07:08
:popcorn:

Mayhem like Me
11-10-2011, 09:18

I wish I had people with some experience keep me from making bad purchases sometimes wanting something takes the objectivity out of it..

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

TedG
11-10-2011, 09:21

Thanks Marvin.

These guys just have to try impress people into thinking they're experts. Instead of minding their own business, they want to tell you how to "spend YOUR money". They read someone's post and all of a sudden they have an opinion without substance.

I didn't ask for advice, help, or an opinion, but some twits just have to chime in. The know-it-alls read their own agenda into the posts.

I own 2 BCMs, a Noveske N4, a Colt GC, and a PSA Dissy. I shoot 100-200 rounds every 2 weeks on a 100 yard range. I've been shooting for more than 40 years with scores of different guns. I was a LE competitor, certified Police Firearms Instructor, and I trained with the FBI. I wanted to check out a Plum Crazy in person, so that's why I wondered if there was a local dealer; I never said I was going to buy one.

Fan-Boys.... always have to put their 2 cents where it doesn't belong. :wavey:

Mayhem like Me
11-10-2011, 09:33
Thanks Marvin.

These guys just have to try impress people into thinking they're experts. Instead of minding their own business, they want to tell you how to "spend YOUR money". They read someone's post and all of a sudden they have an opinion without substance.

I didn't ask for advice, help, or an opinion, but some twits just have to chime in. The know-it-alls read their own agenda into the posts.

I own 2 BCMs, a Noveske N4, a Colt GC, and a PSA Dissy. I shoot 100-200 rounds every 2 weeks on a 100 yard range. I've been shooting for more than 40 years with scores of different guns. I was a LE competitor, certified Police Firearms Instructor, and I trained with the FBI. I wanted to check out a Plum Crazy in person, so that's why I wondered if there was a local dealer; I never said I was going to buy one.

Wow all that in you can't find a stocking dealer so who's the twit I wish you good luck with your plastic lower

TedG
11-10-2011, 09:37
Wow all that in you can't find a stocking dealer so who's the twit I wish you good luck with your plastic lower

Hey, swat(?), read the posts and tell me, with all your wisdom, WHERE I said I was interested in BUYING. Ignorance can be excused, but arrogance makes you the twit.

Mayhem like Me
11-10-2011, 10:42
You won't find a reputable stocking dealer for the reasons listed but good luck anyway you must be quite the man calling everybody names on the internet

marvin
11-10-2011, 14:04
Anddddddddd where exactly is your post answering the OP's question?

We were trying to help someone from wasting money.

seeing how i live in Indiana i don't know any dealers in florida.

if you were trying to help you sure have a weird way of showing it. telling someone to look in the toilet paper aisle is just rude and not helpful.

as far as plum crazy lowers go i don't know to much, i know one guy who has one. he had an old upper and a 22 conversion laying around and wanted the cheapest lower he could find so that he could have a dedicated 22. for him it works great.

Evilriflefan
11-10-2011, 19:44
Thanks Marvin.

I have built two and used www.joeboboutfitters.com

$119.95 including the s/h.

cciman
11-10-2011, 20:18
I have a plumcrazy lower with my choice of 2 AR uppers.

It is nice! Very lightweight, smooth trigger, tight, no slop fit. 3000 rounds so far without a lower problem. All you need, nothing more. AR parts will fit, if needed. I have a BAD lever mounted on mine.

Would I go to afghanistan with it?...no... but for my $129, it was well worth it. I could probably build a similar complete alloy lower for ~$180...but why?

BTW, I also own 10 Glocks, and a AR-180B, so I have no qualms about the polymer, which seems to be holding up fine.

Nakanokalronin
11-11-2011, 09:28
I wouldn't mind trying a Plum Crazy lower for about half the cost of a standard aluminum lower. Polymer is the biggest firearms manufacturing cash cow and considering the whole lower takes way less time and machining to make on top of low cost of the material, they are way to expensive.

I also can't get past the plastic internals. Anyone have a picture of the internal parts out of the receiver after thousands of honest to goodness rounds?

Evilriflefan
11-11-2011, 14:51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8SlbVDm0HQ&feature=player_detailpage

Plum Crazy full auto.

Evilriflefan
11-11-2011, 14:55
I wouldn't mind trying a Plum Crazy lower for about half the cost of a standard aluminum lower. Polymer is the biggest firearms manufacturing cash cow and considering the whole lower takes way less time and machining to make on top of low cost of the material, they are way to expensive.

I also can't get past the plastic internals. Anyone have a picture of the internal parts out of the receiver after thousands of honest to goodness rounds?

Ummmmm, this video sold me on them ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr_FRJ01OPE&feature=player_detailpage