Awesome and unexpected perk of new job [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Awesome and unexpected perk of new job

21Carrier
11-06-2011, 01:35
I recently started working at an outdoor shop as a second, more full-time job until I finish school. It is geared more towards camping/backpacking/climbing gear than hunting, but that's ok. I am a big backpacker, so I like it. I've been working a ton, which means my free time and shooting has been severely cut back, but it has come with a HUGE perk. We use this system called 3point5. It is used in a lot of outdoor type stores. It is basically a training aide that gives incentives for employees to learn about the products they sell. For instance, I get on the website, spend about 30 minutes to an hour learning about a certain brand and taking tests, and I'm rewarded with great discounts.

Some brands' discounts are pretty mild, while some are insane. For instance, I can order some large brands for as much as 50% off WHOLESALE!!! With some brands' markups, that is like 25% of retail. That's insane! Some take hours to complete, others just 15 minutes. Why is this all relevant here? I just noticed that I can do this for NOSLER!!! After a quick 30 minutes of learning all about Nosler and their products, I can now order ANY of their products (bullets, loaded ammo, even their custom rifles) directly from them, with prices that are a good bit below MidwayUSA. Can we say awesome?!

Blackhawk! is also on the list, as well as a bunch of others. I have a feeling most of the proceeds from my new job will never see my pockets. And before I get asked, no, I can't order you any. I wish I could, but I don't want to have my hookup revoked. Go get a job at a place that participates in 3point5. Just work one shift a week.

4949shooter
11-06-2011, 04:14
Sounds good!

I guess we will be reading tests about Nosler bullets and wax tubes in the future!

bac1023
11-06-2011, 05:06
:cool:

rcd567
11-06-2011, 07:33
The reason I don't work at the local Bass Pro Shop or Cabelas is I'd be working for equipment.

MedicOni
11-06-2011, 07:51
I think our local REI does something similar... and I'd already decided I want a pt job there once I finish medic school :p

Gunnut80
11-06-2011, 08:20
That sounds like a sweet deal!