Herter's 115gr TNJ & Glock 17 Gen4 Range Report [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Herter's 115gr TNJ & Glock 17 Gen4 Range Report

JaPes
11-06-2011, 19:02
I purchased 100rds of Cabela's Herters 115gr Total Nylon Jacket (TNJ) ammo.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f275/suba-saab/ff831ac2.jpg

I put 50 rounds through my G17 Gen4. My G17 Gen4 has the latest RSA. The distance to target was 21ft. At this distance, I can consistently place shots within a 2" bulls eye.

The first 10 TNJ rounds hit slightly below the 2" bulls eye. I put out a fresh target, and slow fired another 10 rounds. Again, the shots hit slightly below the bulls eye.

I switched to Federal Champion 115gr FMJ's, and repeated the procedure above. Faster pace fire or slow fire, I was able to hit the bullseye.

I then loaded a mag with 2rds of TNJ followed by 2rds of FMJ. I put out a fresh target. I took my time, real slow fire, making sure I held the same sight picture, grip, trigger press. Again, the TNJ's hit slightly low & the FMJ's hit the bullseye.

I'm not sure if it's the shooter (me), or the interaction between the TNJ & the Glock polygonal rifled barrel.

Next weekend, I'll shoot the remaining 50rds of TNJ through my 92fs' traditional land & groove rifled barrel.

tcruse
11-14-2011, 19:44
Compared to S&B it seems milder, but I have not noticed any accuracy issue. So far only shot about 300 rounds, but really like the attributes of the round. I would make its standard practice round if the price will stay under $10 box for 9mm. I like the lower flash and lower noise issue, maybe someof that is the Aluminium case. I think that I the long run brass will continue to become more expensive. It is also a lot lighter.

Hope that it sells well enough to keep the price down.