FOP is backing Eric Holder [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : FOP is backing Eric Holder

GD2J
11-07-2011, 13:29
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/67575.html#ixzz1cvpmOsCq

Maybe folks should consider putting a hold on those dues renewals...

evilwill
11-07-2011, 13:31
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/67575.html#ixzz1cvpmOsCq

Maybe folks should consider putting a hold on those dues renewals...

+1
totally agree

RetailNinja
11-07-2011, 13:36
Well that's embarrassing. My dept wanted to split and go PBPA a while back but the vote was within 1 and FOP won out. Anyone know what union Customs and Border guards are?

mrsurfboard
11-07-2011, 13:48
Doesn't really surprise me. Many Police Organizations are antigun. Add to the fact that the FOP is a Union and Unions always go Democrat, no matter how big a scumbag they are.

blueiron
11-07-2011, 13:54
How is the national leadership of the FOP any different than that of the UAW, the AFL-CIO, the Teamsters, etc.?

They aren't. They are nothing more than hired politicos and lobbyists with the express interest in ingratiating themselves with whatever politicians are currently in power, in order to gain some access and influence with them.

Democrats are well known for handing out taxpayer cash to unions in order to buy their fealty and the FOP national leadership is lining up for their share. Besides, the FOP politicos and lobbyists can always get another career with another movement or organization if they demonstrate their union prowess.

I was a charter member of my then agencies labor organization and worked hard to right the management abuses. When the local group became affiliated with a State group, that made sense [municipal officers need to have a voice in State criminal/traffic legislation and certification issues]. When the local president began to get influenced and romanced by the national organizations [AFL-CIO, CWA, Teamsters, FOP, etc.], I started a countering group within the executive board to stop it. They promised him all kinds of personal benefits if he would deliver us to them, with no appreciable benefit to the rank and file - other than the etherial promise of helping us in representation at the national level.

After retirement, the former president became a Democrat party operative and is now working on the behalf of the Occupy movement in Arizona.

S.O.Interceptor
11-07-2011, 14:40
This is one reason that the FOP has no pull, power, or even a real presence in Texas.

blueiron
11-07-2011, 16:32
With CLEAT, who in Texas needs the FOP?

A6Gator
11-07-2011, 17:40
Anyone know what union Customs and Border guards are?

That would be FLEOA.

Dukeboy01
11-07-2011, 18:09
Jambog, FWIW

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1379687

In my opinion, this is a big nothingburger.

collim1
11-07-2011, 18:15
I am PBA. There is no official representation in the dept guidelines. I gladly pay my $24 a month PBA dues. Never been a fan of FOP, when it comes time to defend a LEO in court FOP just wont pony up the dough that PBA will.

I have only contacted PBA once in my career, but they took care of me, and the situation was resolved with advice only. I had no mark in my file and no animosity from my supervisors about it.

banger
11-07-2011, 18:27
It's obvious, you are confusing Politics with "right and wrong".

Any convergence between the two concepts is simply accidental.

The main focus of union officials (like politicians) is to get re-elected and continue their empires.

It has virtually nothing to do with representing the wishes of their respective voters.

trdvet
11-07-2011, 18:31
with cleat, who in texas needs the fop?

tmpa > cleat > fop

Cochese
11-08-2011, 02:07
tmpa > cleat > fop

CLEAT > TMPA > FOP

Based on my modest experience as a member of all three at points in my career and as a former FOP President.

JackMac
11-08-2011, 19:45
reminds you of dumb and dumber don't it?

AngryBassets
11-10-2011, 07:58
Holder is an anti cop turd and FOP rank and file should be enraged.

<--NJPBA member. I was an FOP member for about 15 minutes when I switched departments in '98. The in-house lodge was a boys club run by the old guard and did nothing to help the young guys. So locally or nationally, in my experience, does not support the guys with boots on the street and asses in the cars.

Cochese
11-10-2011, 08:02
Holder is an anti cop turd and FOP rank and file should be enraged.

<--NJPBA member. I was an FOP member for about 15 minutes when I switched departments in '98. The in-house lodge was a boys club run by the old guard and did nothing to help the young guys. So locally or nationally, in my experience, does not support the guys with boots on the street and asses in the cars.

Yep. FOP is all we really have out here, so its been forced into providing SOME protection. We also carry prepaid legal defense as a supplemental protection.

I miss CLEAT. A staff attorney returned my call in about 12 minutes when I needed them. :supergrin:

Kadetklapp
11-10-2011, 10:40
Indiana is "blessed" with the FOP, who's only redeeming quality is the FOP Response Team for line of duty deaths. That's it. They refuse to allow membership to town marshals who are not "real cops" in the eyes of the FOP and they allow their local lodges to become stale and unwelcoming to anyone they deem "outsiders."