More "The Blaze" goodness. VIEVU Cameras [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : More "The Blaze" goodness. VIEVU Cameras

Kadetklapp
11-07-2011, 14:29
While the article itself is mostly non-anti, the comments these Blaze readers make just astound me.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/smile-tiny-uniform-cameras-spreading-to-police-departments-across-the-country/

So let me get this straight- You don't want cops or JBTs to abuse their power, and you want to film them and put them on YouTube as you see fit, but you are now claiming that the police are violating your privacy rights since they are filming you during these same encounters. :upeyes:

Here's just a few of the comments that Glenn's loyal fans make-
***I”M WARNING YOU!!!!***

***RESIST THE NAZI POLICE STATE!!***

***RESIST FORCED VACCINATIONS!***

***RESIST!***

***YOU ARE THE RESISTANCE***

Police Officers behave differently when you video tape them! Unfortunately in a Growing Number of States a Private Individual video taping Law Enforcement is being made a crime!

I guess the Truth should be held solely by the Law Enforcement Officers and Control of the Truth reaching the Public is at there Discretion Alone.

Pretty GD Sure we fought a war of Independance to ESCAPE THIS KINDA OF CRAP!

Keep voting Big Government Progressives into Office and when your being led away to the Wood Shed (like Obama’s Military Commanders) you will have no one to BLAME BUT YOUR OWN INNABILITY TO SEE THROUGH FASCISM!

Your license plate is being scanned by the new system patrol cars have mounted on them, stop light cameras in many places, NSA monitoring of Google, Lap top cameras activated by outsiders and its all for your safety and security. ADD to this list!

Let me see if I have this straight. The Cops can video me but I can’t video them. I got news for you jack boot thugs. I can and will carry both guns and camera.

msu_grad_121
11-07-2011, 15:39
Wow, lots of tough talk from some of those posters huh? "Makes a nice target?" "All I need is my G19 on my hip?" As I say to so many people who threaten and talk tough to/about police officers: put your money where your mouth is.

Shut your mouth or stand a post.

Personally, I couldn't care less if a department wants to hang some expensive new toy on my uniform. I do have to wonder how it'll play out if/when one of these is damaged during a fight arresting some violent turd. I only ask because my first department tried to make us pay for damage to pagers or radios incurred even in the commision of our duties. Guess we'll see...

DaBigBR
11-08-2011, 08:26
Personally, I couldn't care less if a department wants to hang some expensive new toy on my uniform.

I think that if you wait five years, it will be more common than not to be wearing a camera on duty. The technology keeps improving, the prices keep decreasing...definitely coming our way.

Morris
11-08-2011, 12:25
I like my VieVu camera. Has come in very handy for several bogus complaints. :)

The amusing thing is that groups like the ACLU and the NAACP have been pushing for cops to wear cameras. So they did. And guess what?! They caught their "clients" being idiots. Which deflated their gas bags quite a bit. Now groups like the ACLU are backpedelling under the cover of "Illegal recording" and whatnot.

Certain citizens have complained about "police brutality" and "rights violations" so they demand that their cops wear cameras. So we do. And guess what?! See above . . .

And to the NatGeo video, "Caroline" explains her son, to a T.

Kadetklapp
11-09-2011, 06:30
I simply can't wrap my head around it. I have a hard time "serving" my fellow "conservatives" if this is their mindset. Screw them.

Morris
11-09-2011, 07:37
It isn't Conservatives or Liberals. It's just fringers and CCs (Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs).

pal2511
11-09-2011, 21:32
I wear a camera and its recording on every call unless battery is dead or memory is full. Its the scorpion camera

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

merlynusn
11-10-2011, 08:25
My only real problem with the cameras is twofold.... First, it does not see everything the officer sees. So if the officer sees a threat off camera, the first question asked will be "Why isn't it on the camera? Well, since it's not on the camera, we don't believe what you are saying." (same thing happens with SFSTs and DWI/DUI cases now). Secondly is that spineless administrators will use the interactions to jam up officers over stupid policy things. "Oh, you took your seatbelt off before the car was parked..." "Oh, you used a curse word at someone..." etc.