If H&K Offered a USP in 10MM [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : If H&K Offered a USP in 10MM

4949shooter
11-07-2011, 19:56
Would you buy one?

michael e
11-07-2011, 20:07
Not a HK fan, have only shot a few own none, but yes since we are limited in the 10mm market I would add a another one.

XmmAUTO
11-07-2011, 20:08
Allthough I dislike the USP series pistols, I would probably buy one just because it's a 10.

MRBULLRED
11-07-2011, 21:51
I would buy a springfield XDM in 10mm......

Reboot
11-07-2011, 23:28
I wouldnt bother. I already have a G20SF which has tons of aftermarket support and a design I like with great value and performance. If I bought another 10mm I'd rather get a Delta Elite or other flavor 10mm. Maybe if I started collecting 10mm guns I'd consider it.

post-apocalyptic
11-08-2011, 01:33
Would you buy one?

No. If it's a H&K pistol I already know that it'll be overpriced and finicky about ammo. I don't see much of a market for a 10mm USP, as I think the G20'd be equal or superior in performance at ~half the price.

ymmv, but I doubt it. Glock 10mm pistols are extremely accurate, reliable, durable.. and more affordable than anything H&K deigns to offer the US market.

4949shooter
11-08-2011, 04:11
No. If it's a H&K pistol I already know that it'll be overpriced and finicky about ammo. I don't see much of a market for a 10mm USP, as I think the G20'd be equal or superior in performance at ~half the price.

ymmv, but I doubt it. Glock 10mm pistols are extremely accurate, reliable, durable.. and more affordable than anything H&K deigns to offer the US market.

So...H&K wouldn't take any the 10MM market away from Glock?

Interesting.

I will soon be picking up my first ten, a G20SF (I am still waiting for those damn NJ pistol purchase permits). If H&K offered a ten I am sure I would still be buying a Glock for my first one (price is a big consideration). Though, a 10MM USP intrigues me..

4949shooter
11-08-2011, 04:12
I wouldnt bother. I already have a G20SF which has tons of aftermarket support and a design I like with great value and performance. If I bought another 10mm I'd rather get a Delta Elite or other flavor 10mm. Maybe if I started collecting 10mm guns I'd consider it.

I was drooling over a Delta Elite. Too much money though. And the Glock is more practical for my purposes (woods carry). I would like a Delta in the future though.

Reboot
11-08-2011, 10:24
I was drooling over a Delta Elite. Too much money though. And the Glock is more practical for my purposes (woods carry). I would like a Delta in the future though.

I totally agree with you. I'd like a Delta Elite just to have but I suspect I'd shoot the Glock more often.

Glock30Eric
11-08-2011, 11:08
Nah, I don't want to deal with HK's safe manual thing. I like Glock because I just have to worry about pulling the trigger and nothing else.

post-apocalyptic
11-08-2011, 13:30
So...H&K wouldn't take any the 10MM market away from Glock?

Interesting.

I will soon be picking up my first ten, a G20SF (I am still waiting for those damn NJ pistol purchase permits). If H&K offered a ten I am sure I would still be buying a Glock for my first one (price is a big consideration). Though, a 10MM USP intrigues me..

I'm sure there'd be some market for it, but I doubt a H&K 10mm would offer much if any advantage over a Glock 10mm, and it'd certainly cost a helluva lot more.

jwhite75
11-08-2011, 13:33
Anything other than a 1911 or Glock that would interest me in 10mm would be a Sig 220 factory.

Greyguns does one in a conversion package. I would love to see it in a factory version though.

The HK45 platform (HK10?) would be interesting but never like the ergos on the USP.

Jitterbug
11-08-2011, 13:56
I'm not real familiar with H&K, from the few I've handled and the price tags attached to them, they just didn't do much to tweak my interest.

But I would like to see more manufacturer's offering 10mm, so I'd have some interest.

Same with S&W, wish they'd put the 10mm in the M&P platform and a Sig 220 might be nice too.

A strong advantage to the Glock is that you certainly get quite a bit of gun for the money, in that category nothing else even comes close.

Since the cost of a decent 1911 is almost twice the cost of a Glock, and being gun and cash poor, I lived happily with two Glock's for the price of one 1911 for many years.

When the cash became available and right gun came along I picked up the 1911 and sold the two Glock's and I really wish I could have hung onto the G27, even though I didn't use it much, it filled several niches quite well as a CCW pistol.

_The_Shadow
11-08-2011, 16:58
I would welcome most any new 10mm in the market place...HK would be of intrest. I was really hoping S&W would produce the M&P10mm but then I'm still waiting for the VLTOR BT to show up!:dunno:

nickE10mm
11-08-2011, 17:33
I would probably buy one simply because its a 10mm and I do like (not love) the HK design. I would sell my right n#t to get an MP5/10, though. :) I also might buy another G20. What a great pistol.

4949shooter
11-08-2011, 18:33
I'm sure there'd be some market for it, but I doubt a H&K 10mm would offer much if any advantage over a Glock 10mm, and it'd certainly cost a helluva lot more.

The H&K fanatics would go for it no doubt.

I think I would still keep to the Glock as my primary ten. Maybe I would pick up an H&K second.

Glockdude1
11-08-2011, 18:46
The USP Soccom in 10mm would be on my shopping list.

:cool:

loki993
11-08-2011, 18:55
Nah, I don't want to deal with HK's safe manual thing. I like Glock because I just have to worry about pulling the trigger and nothing else.

What safe manual thing, it that a new thing? Last I saw USPs were designed to have a safty like a 1911.

As for the rest, yeah id love a 10mm USP. I've always liked the HKs.

Really wish S&W would bring back the 10xxs and maybe expand the line maybe with a double stack or 2

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

MarineHawk
11-08-2011, 21:12
As much as I love my G20 SF:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/MarineHawk/HK/PB080027.jpg

And as much as I love my 17-year-old HK USP .40:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/MarineHawk/HK/PB080028.jpg

I would pee my pants if HK offered a USP Expert in 10mm:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/MarineHawk/HK/PB080032.jpg

O-Ring barrel; awesome trigger; 16-rd magazine; recoils like a 9mm; shoots way better than I can:
http://hk-usa.com/civilian_products/uspe_general.asp

My favorite full-sized auto. Just wish I could get one in a ten.

MarineHawk
11-08-2011, 21:20

I love my Glocks, and I'm not saying the USP is better, just different. But IMO, the USP safety is the best I've ever seen. It's exretemely easy to use and intuitive once you use it a few times. And you can drop the hammer without touching the hammer with it, and cycle the action with it on. Best thing, if you want, just leave it off, leave it alone, and fire the first round double action. Best of all worlds to me. To clarify, I'm not saying anyone should like one as well or better than a Glock. But they, some of the Glocks, and the XD line, are my favorite pistols because they all shoot every time you pull the trigger, and are easy to shoot accurately.

4949shooter
11-09-2011, 03:46
The USP Soccom in 10mm would be on my shopping list.

:cool:

I would pee my pants if HK offered a USP Expert in 10mm:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/MarineHawk/HK/PB080032.jpg

O-Ring barrel; awesome trigger; 16-rd magazine; recoils like a 9mm; shoots way better than I can:
http://hk-usa.com/civilian_products/uspe_general.asp

My favorite full-sized auto. Just wish I could get one in a ten.

Either one of these would be nice in 10MM.

I like your assessment, Marinehawk. The H&K is not better than Glock, just different.