First lower build, a question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : First lower build, a question

txgunguy
11-08-2011, 14:57
I read that when inserting the buffer tube, it should just barely be over the buffer detent. My tube barely is on the detent but not touching the pin that protrudes up from it. If I turn the tube one more turn, it makes contact with the pin. I read that you do not want this. Is this correct?

KK40384
11-08-2011, 17:22
That's the way all lowers I put together were. The tube holding the detent in place but not touching the pin.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

txgunguy
11-08-2011, 19:44
That's what I thought. Thanks.

ddbtoth
11-08-2011, 22:21
I have three Ar's with collapsible stocks, one with the lip of the tube against the pin--but the pin still sticks up and is movable. I don't see it as a problem as long as the retaining pin does it's job. It is a function of the correct thread count and landing in the tube and receiver, probably that mil spec thing I keep reading about.

txgunguy
11-09-2011, 10:10
I have three Ar's with collapsible stocks, one with the lip of the tube against the pin--but the pin still sticks up and is movable. I don't see it as a problem as long as the retaining pin does it's job. It is a function of the correct thread count and landing in the tube and receiver, probably that mil spec thing I keep reading about.

I remember reading somewhere that if the tube is on the pin of the detent, it can cause some problem. Dont remember what it was. Maybe I should post in the GATE forum.

ddbtoth
11-09-2011, 16:56
I remember reading somewhere that if the tube is on the pin of the detent, it can cause some problem. Dont remember what it was. Maybe I should post in the GATE forum.

Not on GT--the GATE guy has given up I think.
The tub need to be on the pin to trap it in the hole, but how much? Would resting against the protruding part - pin (the trapping mechanism) while not hindering it's motion shouldn't hinder it's function. ARFCOM AR 15 build it yourself section has a lot of knowledgeable people there who will know. I kind of want to too, know that I think about it. Let's see what they say.