11-08-2011, 14:32
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx_YUO4SzcY&feature=feedrec_grec_index

Open carry would have...umm.....caused that...LOL

zbusdriver
11-08-2011, 15:00
open carry: BAD :supergrin:

LongGoneDays
11-08-2011, 15:14
Comments disabled, typical. Can we get a rule here saying you can't post videos that comments blocked? Uggh

So a few points:

Could they have gotten anyone more typical democratic voter for the interview?
LOL @ the guy having to remove the gun for the robber, that is kinda scary though
The guy interviewed either needs to stop lifting weights or get a bigger gun, it looks comical on him.
At first glance, that tv station needs to hire hotter reporters, but she grew on me.

dosei
11-08-2011, 15:15
Old news...

If you think of a gun as a talisman that will keep evil away, don't carry...period.

series1811
11-08-2011, 15:46
The worst mistake an open carrier can make is to walk though a mall, and think that because everyone he runs across there is scared to death of him, that he can walk through the hood, and the same thing will happen there.

It won't. Two different kinds of people. Two different ways of looking at a visible gun. The people in the mall will visualize being shot. The people in the hood will visualize selling your piece.

Some people understand that, and some don't.

Klassic
11-08-2011, 16:21
damn, guess he wasn't paying attn to whats happening around him...

Deaf Smith
11-08-2011, 17:03
The worst mistake an open carrier can make is to walk though a mall, and think that because everyone he runs across there is scared to death of him, that he can walk through the hood, and the same thing will happen there.

It won't. Two different kinds of people. Two different ways of looking at a visible gun. The people in the mall will visualize being shot. The people in the hood will visualize selling your piece.

Some people understand that, and some don't.

Exactly!

Deaf

X-Concealment
11-08-2011, 17:30
Why didn’t it surprise me?

xmanhockey7
11-08-2011, 18:19
What about all the other cases where OC has deterred crime and had the people been CC could have lead to shots being fired. If you don't want to OC you don't have to but it has been proven to work.

michpatriot
11-08-2011, 18:34
What about all the other cases where OC has deterred crime and had the people been CC could have lead to shots being fired. If you don't want to OC you don't have to but it has been proven to work.

What about all the cases where simpleminded folks were scared till they crapped themselves because tactical Joe walked through a mall OCing and those simpleminded folks remembered this idiot tactical Joe the next time they voted LIBERAL just for the sake of gun control?:whistling: There is a time and place for EVERYTHING.

cowboy1964
11-08-2011, 19:50
Cops get jumped sometimes for their gun too. Does that mean cops shouldn't carry guns? I'm just trying to understand the logic of these idiots.

Deaf Smith
11-08-2011, 20:17
Cops get jumped sometimes for their gun too. Does that mean cops shouldn't carry guns? I'm just trying to understand the logic of these idiots.

Most cops wear snatch resistant holsters (you DO notice how THICK the holsters are and how they have some kind of restraining device to keep it from bring snatched., right?)

And the holster/belts are made very strong so they cannot be ripped of the LEO's body.

And the LEOs are trained to stop attempted snatches (with such as the Lindell method of handgun retention.)

Now if you want to OC and wear a duty rig like that and get some train, great, but just some plain open top holster just won't do.

Deaf

xmanhockey7
11-08-2011, 20:37
What about all the cases where simpleminded folks were scared till they crapped themselves because tactical Joe walked through a mall OCing and those simpleminded folks remembered this idiot tactical Joe the next time they voted LIBERAL just for the sake of gun control?:whistling: There is a time and place for EVERYTHING.

LOL. Believe it or not most people don't notice or don't care. A lot depends on where you are. In Michigan there are many OCers and the public has been educated it is legal. Most people who are concerned do not go running away screaming crapping themselves. Your description of this is naive and your entire post is greatly exaggerated.

People who don't like someone open carrying are probably not going to vote liberal just because of that. I think it's because they don't care enough about the issue to do it. There is nothing wrong with OC. In fact, the way I see it, people are seeing a good law abiding citizen carrying a gun going about their daily lives. OCers in Michigan actually get a lot of questions about open carrying or getting a CPL. I think open carry has helped lead us to gaining more CPL holders. While it may not be many that one person could use that gun to save their lives one day.

slickt0mmy
11-08-2011, 22:12
LOL. Believe it or not most people don't notice or don't care. A lot depends on where you are. In Michigan there are many OCers and the public has been educated it is legal. Most people who are concerned do not go running away screaming crapping themselves. Your description of this is naive and your entire post is greatly exaggerated.

People who don't like someone open carrying are probably not going to vote liberal just because of that. I think it's because they don't care enough about the issue to do it. There is nothing wrong with OC. In fact, the way I see it, people are seeing a good law abiding citizen carrying a gun going about their daily lives. OCers in Michigan actually get a lot of questions about open carrying or getting a CPL. I think open carry has helped lead us to gaining more CPL holders. While it may not be many that one person could use that gun to save their lives one day.

Your argument isn't holding up very well in California right now...

Steve in Az
11-09-2011, 07:12
Wow, using gun propaganda against fellow gun owners. Nice.

xmanhockey7
11-09-2011, 09:59
Your argument isn't holding up very well in California right now...

What were those people's option? Under the may issue system many people who wanted to get a CCW couldn't, leaving OC as their only option. That state has always been liberal. OC didn't change that in anyway. And really now that they have taken the right away to carry an unloaded visible handgun it could help force the state to move to shall issue because a judge in CA ruled that they do not have to be shall issue because people have the option of unloaded OC.

RGbiker
11-09-2011, 12:59

Uh, you personally witness simpleminded folks being scared s**tless by an OC handgun? Or, you just trolling?

HKLovingIT
11-09-2011, 13:29
Which brings us back around to our thread from a while back about trying to draw against a drawn gun if caught flatfooted. Which, is not so smart IMO unless you're Bob Munden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hujvVmuLuoM

BTW the vid posted by OP is over a year old and has been discussed here before. At the time this happened I beleive OC was the only option in that state for someone wanting to carry a firearm for personnel protection. I don't fault the guy if he felt the need.

Glotin
11-09-2011, 13:37
Most cops wear snatch resistant holsters (you DO notice how THICK the holsters are and how they have some kind of restraining device to keep it from bring snatched., right?)

And the holster/belts are made very strong so they cannot be ripped of the LEO's body.

And the LEOs are trained to stop attempted snatches (with such as the Lindell method of handgun retention.)

Now if you want to OC and wear a duty rig like that and get some train, great, but just some plain open top holster just won't do.

Deaf

....did you watch the video?

94stang
11-09-2011, 13:44
Hey say what you want about open carry. I live in a state that doesn't allow open or concealed carry, so open carry is better than no carry.

series1811
11-09-2011, 13:45
A lot of police officers are killed with their own gun. And, most of them are in uniform, open carrying.

But, don't worry. They are lowly, untrained, civil servants with little real world experience. Mall ninjas are much harder to disarm.

Glotin
11-09-2011, 13:49
A lot of police officers are killed with their own gun. And, most of them are in uniform, open carrying.

But, don't worry. They are lowly, untrained, civil servants with little real world experience. Mall ninjas are much harder to disarm.

I wouldn't call numbers in the single digits "a lot"... And police officers are in exponentially more confrontations/dangerous situations than your average OCing citizen.

RGbiker
11-09-2011, 14:12

A policeman attempting to apprehend a fleeing felon faces the danger of having his weapon taken during a physical struggle with the suspect.

In my four years of OC as a private citizen in Arizona, I haven't been required to apprehend a fleeing felon.

/sarcasm.

Deaf Smith
11-09-2011, 20:50
....did you watch the video?

The Serrpa holster, while having a easy-to-see button, is not a snatch resistant holster. A druggie or insane person will rip that holster right off the belt.

Go look at cops duty rigs and you will see the difference.

Deaf