NFA Trust (Texas) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NFA Trust (Texas)

jojo_got_mojo
11-09-2011, 00:18
I am interested in setting up a NFA Trust to purchase a SBR and a couple of suppressors, and possibly more Class III items in the future. Do any of you fellow Texans out there have a Lawyer or Law Firm that you would recommend? Possibly one that won't charge me an arm and a leg. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

NeverMore1701
11-09-2011, 00:28
I am interested in setting up a NFA Trust to purchase a SBR and a couple of suppressors, and possibly more Class III items in the future. Do any of you fellow Texans out there have a Lawyer or Law Firm that you would recommend? Possibly one that won't charge me an arm and a leg. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tagged for interest.

smoke14me
11-09-2011, 00:31
I have a NFA trust and mine was done by Sean Cody. He is not just another attorney, he is also a Firearms enthusiast. Here is his web page http://www.texasnfatrust.com/

NeverMore1701
11-09-2011, 01:17
Good lead, thanks!

smoke14me
11-09-2011, 01:38
One quick warning though! Once you start in the NFA game it gets addictive and expensive. I have my SBR being cerakoted now, along with its suppressor. I will get to take it out for the first time shooting when I get back to the states in a few days. Also I started out with one supressor, and each one I buy makes me want to get another one for a different caliber.

jp3975
11-09-2011, 11:56
Also I started out with one supressor, and each one I buy makes me want to get another one for a different caliber.

Dont they make adapters for different calibers on the same suppressor?

Haldor
11-14-2011, 18:49
Dont they make adapters for different calibers on the same suppressor?

Yes and no.

You can use a center fire suppressor on rimfire, but it is not a good idea to do so if it is not user serviceable (the can will fill up with lead). Plus a rimfire suppressor is normally quite a bit smaller and lighter than a centerfire suppressor. Obviously using a rimfire suppressor on a center fire pistol would be a huge mistake.

A rifle suppressor is designed to minimize blow-back which is an unpleasant fact of life with suppressed rifles. In addition full power rifle rounds will grenade a pistol suppressor (they are not designed to handle the pressure). People shooting pistol suppressors on rifles are normally shooting subsonic ammo.

I recently got my first suppressor and am really enjoying it. I have the bug and plan on seeing if I can get my Marlin Papoose converted to integral suppressed. I haven't found anyone who will do it yet, but I have seen examples of this so obviously somebody is doing it.

smilner01
05-03-2012, 10:31
Sean Cody is working on my trust right now. He called me the next morning after I emailed him, nice guy to talk to. very informative website http://www.texasnfatrust.com/

Glockdude1
05-03-2012, 10:32
Sean Cody is working on my trust right now. He called me the next morning after I emailed him, nice guy to talk to. very informative website http://www.texasnfatrust.com/

:thumbsup:

Great guy to work with!!