Mossberg SA-20 Do you like it? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg SA-20 Do you like it?

roguedaddy
11-09-2011, 13:02
I am looking at buying the Mossberg SA-20 for a HD gun that my wife and daughter can use. It is the tactical (hate that word) model with the tri-rail on the front. It fits them great and they can handle the recoil much better. Has a nice weight to it. My concern is that it is made in Turkey. Anyone have experience with one? How do you like it? Thanks!

TexasGlockster
11-10-2011, 15:40
I had the same question so I actually borrowed one from a friend of mine...awesome. I will definitely be getting one soon. It's not actually a tri rail system but rather has a top picatinny rail with ghost ring sights. The originally were going to put a tri rail on it but apparently they had import issues (the whole being from Turkey thing). The kick is really minimal and it handles all but light loads well. For the price and for the quality I don't think it get's much better than the SA-20 for a HD shotgun.

UnjollyRoger
11-10-2011, 16:28
What's wrong with Turkish made weapons?

They make some of the worlds finest weaponry, from swords and knives to rifles and shotguns, I wouldn't hesitate to buy something made in Turkey.

That being said, for the price, you can't go wrong for a semi automatic shotgun.

roguedaddy
11-10-2011, 19:33
I don't really have a problem with the gun being made in Turkey. I just always thought of Mossberg as a made in the USA company and thought that maybe this gun was just subcontracted out to a low bidder. I know that some Wetherby guns are from Turkey and they are great.
Anyway I went ahead and bought the gun today. It is the one with the tri-rail on the end. I learned that model will no longer be imported so I went ahead and snatched it up before someone else did.
Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

UnjollyRoger
11-10-2011, 20:02
Nice, don't suppose we could get a few pics, a review and range report?

roguedaddy
11-11-2011, 20:24
I'll try to do that this weekend. Hope to get it to the range sometime Sunday. If not I'll at least post a photo and get to the range asap.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Z71bill
11-24-2011, 19:10
I see Academy is having a sale on the Mossberg® SA-20™ Bantam™ 20 Gauge Shotgun

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_431053_-1?N=39632025

$299.99 + tax

IronRonin
05-12-2012, 22:17
Ok guys, I got one of these (the pistol grip "tactical" model) and do really like it. I also DO have some problems with it.

I got one early when they still came with a tri-rail endcap on the mag tube, they no longer make or sell these as a part or a model. Many feel like they have missed out by not being able to get this, but they really haven't. My original intent with this feature was to attach a green laser to it....but unfortunately based on how it is designed and installed it will always have some play and cannot hold a zero. For some reason shooting the gun also causes this endcap to loosen/turn.

The gun also came with a bent elevator, it was kinda sideways and I got some FTFeeds on my first few outings. I bent it more straight but I still get the occasional FTFeed that is random and not based on ammo, as the shell is not always lined up with the chamber correctly with the imperfect elevator.

Despite this it STILL cycled everything out of the box from walmart federal bulk pack to numerous different slugs. It handles great, loads easy, points great, has awesome sights...so I am resisting wanting to sell it off and I really want to make it work. It really is the best HD shotty option for me and the lady.

I think I am going to send it to mossberg and see if they can help. As I hear it, the parts from turkey are very hard to get and I know of one guy that waited months to get his back....geez. Others without my elevator issue report theirs is 100% reliable.

BobinIL
05-21-2012, 09:02
I have a Weatherby SA-08 (same as the Mossberg sa-20) youth model for my kids and so far it has been great. It doesn't like the Wally world winchester bulk packs but the Federals work fine as well as all hunting loads.