MI & ME – WI & NM Sign Agreements MT Honors NM + OR/MS Updates [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : MI & ME – WI & NM Sign Agreements MT Honors NM + OR/MS Updates

Gary Slider
11-09-2011, 17:04
Michigan and Maine have signed a reciprocity agreement. Michigan has now signed with every state possible.
For them to add any more states the states that don’t honor them would have to change their laws. They don’t have reciprocity in their laws. I have a copy of the signed agreement. MI Signed it the last of the month and Maine signed it 11/7. So it may be a few days before they update their websites.

Wisconsin has added New Mexico to the list of states it honors. New Mexico stated on their website all they were waiting for was Wisconsin to list NM on their website and they would honor their License to Carry. Just heard back from NM and they will most likely update their site shortly. Shortly could be a few days for government.

I have also added an AG Opinion on Carry with the CCW Endorsement in Mississippi to the MS page at www.handgunlaw.us

The Oregon University System has also decided not to appeal the Court Decision in Oregon on their rules/regs. No carry on campus rules/regs are null and void. More good news in Oregon and where honest people can protect themselves. I haven’t digested it all but they will most likely make it a rules infraction for Students and Factuality to carry. They will only be breaking a University rule and not a law but they could lose their job or if a student be kicked out of school.

Also heard back from WY on honoring WI. They had requested more info from WI and were unaware that WI had listed them. They stated they still had to wait for more info. Though have to say WY law states if you honor ours we will honor yours. It is just a matter of time before WY lists WI.

Heard back from Montana just a few minutes ago and they thanked me for bringing to their attention that Wisconsin honored them. They stated they will honor the Wisconsin License. I like it when it works that way.

Things have been changing quickly since Wisconsin went Shall Issue. I don’t usually have to post what I consider important updates this often but I have to say I enjoy posting information like this as it means more of us can carry in more places. The Create a Map Application will lag behind the state pages in who honors who. I have to send that info to Steve and then he has to change the Maps on the Create a Map Application With all the changes taking place it is very easy for me to miss something and I want to have all the correct info so us good guys and gals can stay within the law. So if you see anything you believe is not correct please contact me by clicking on “Contact Uu” at the bottom of the main page at www.handgunlaw.us Please give me time to respond.

xmanhockey7
11-09-2011, 18:20
Nice! Thanks for the update. But how could a change in MI law gain them anymore states? The only states they are not recognized in are states that don't recognize anyones permit.

Gary Slider
11-09-2011, 18:27
Maybe I didn't word it just right. The other state would have to change their laws not Michigan. Sorry for the Confusion.

xmanhockey7
11-09-2011, 19:15
Maybe I didn't word it just right. The other state would have to change their laws not Michigan. Sorry for the Confusion.

Oh ok gottcha sorry I must have read it incorrectly.

xmanhockey7
11-09-2011, 22:31
Hey I noticed this on handgunslaws.us on the Michigan part:
”No Firearm” signs in West Virginia have no force of law unless they are posted on property that is specifically mentioned in State Law as being off limits to those with a Permit/License to Carry. If you are in a place not specifically mentioned in the law that is posted and they ask you to leave, you must leave. If you refuse to leave then you are breaking the law and can be charged. Even if the property is not posted and you are ask to leave you must leave. Always be aware of the possibility that responding Police Officers who may have been called without your knowledge and may not know the laws on trespass etc. could arrest you even if you are within the law. Error?

Gary Slider
11-09-2011, 22:51
xmanhockey7,

I don't see that on the Michigan? No I just fixed it. When I changed the MI page today I copied the entry from WV for two reasons. That is my home state and I knew that was my standard wording for a state when the signs don't have the force of law. I actually saw that and meant to change the WV to MI but I forgot. Getting old and I forget what they call it. Thank you for pointing that out. Much Appreciated.

xmanhockey7
11-09-2011, 23:52
xmanhockey7,

I don't see that on the Michigan? No I just fixed it. When I changed the MI page today I copied the entry from WV for two reasons. That is my home state and I knew that was my standard wording for a state when the signs don't have the force of law. I actually saw that and meant to change the WV to MI but I forgot. Getting old and I forget what they call it. Thank you for pointing that out. Much Appreciated.

Haha np you run a great site keep it up.

Unistat
11-10-2011, 08:26
Thanks for the update! Yay for Michigan!

JMarch
11-10-2011, 13:01
Cool :)

ohio1425
11-10-2011, 13:08
Think you can get OH and WI talking to each other?

Gary Slider
11-10-2011, 13:20
Ohio must have a signed agreement. There is certain criteria that the other state must meet in their Permit/License Law. I am not sure what all that criteria is. You would have to talk to the OH AG to find that out. States that require a signed agreement usually have a laundry list of items the other states must have before they will sign for them. Back when Ohio passed their reciprocity law I supplied info to people who were assisting the Ohio AG on the laws of the other states. That has been a good while ago and I can't remember exactly what that info was they wanted. What they require would be the question to ask the OH AG. Sorry I can't be of more help.

G36shooter
11-10-2011, 18:44
Thanks Gary for all your great work, haveing a Michigan CPL is a plus, now we just need to bring our jobs back.