Kimber FTF issues after spring change [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kimber FTF issues after spring change

detroit9mm
11-09-2011, 20:31
I recently acquired a used Eclipse Pro II. I took it out and ran 100 rds thru it with the stock mag and a Wilson Combat. I had 3 minor FTF on the stock mag and no issues with the Wilson. Because I got the gun used I ordered the Wolff XP spring kit for it and installed. I took it out tonight (first time since spring change) and i cant get thru a single mag without at least one FTF. The only thing that changed since the last range trip is the springs so it seems to reason that has to be the issue but i thought those springs were supposed to be an upgrade. Anyone else have this issue and is there some other reason explanation the pistol would all of a sudden be a jam-o-matic? i really like the look and accuracy of it so I'd like to make it reliable if possible.

luscioman
11-10-2011, 14:10
You should be using a 22lb spring with that. Do you know the weight? Also take the original spring and measure it against the new spring. $12 for the main and firing pin Kimber springs from Midway.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/429247/kimber-spring-tune-up-kit-1911-kimber-pro-carry-compact

cciman
11-11-2011, 15:39
You are not really describing how the gun is FTF.

I use the Wolf XP springs and have had no issues.

greco2009
11-13-2011, 20:12
Which FTF..??

Fail to feed
fail to fire
fail to function???