Lee Classic Turret Bench Report [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lee Classic Turret Bench Report

rhino673
11-10-2011, 12:07
Christmas came early at the Rhino house! I found a good deal at Wideners Supply on a LCT and told my wife that it would be a great early present for me. She went for it!:cool: I also got the auto prime, extra turrets, and the Auto disk powder measure.

I went for the LCT based on reviews , price and it seemed to be the right 'speed' for the amount of shooting that I do.

First Impressions:

LCT- well made, seems to be a machine that will last a lifetime.
Auto prime- first impression out of the box. cheaply made. ( i started to worry at this point)
Auto Disk- had serious reservations of the accuracy of the powder drops.

Setup:

LCT- Dang that was easy, took me longer to find the bolts then to set it up. The dies are set up just like I ws used to. I just had to make sure they were in the right order.
Auto Prime- Also very easy to set up. As long as it's lined up right with the primer cup it works great.
Auto Disk- I took my time setting this up because I checked ,double checked , triple checked the conversion chart that Lee sent with it and the accuracy of the powder throws.

Operation:

LCT- silky smooth operation, long handle throw (compared to what i had) After 100 rounds I had to raise my bench to make it easier on my back. I really, really like it. Alot.:supergrin:
Auto Prime- Still think it's cheaply made but it works perfectly. Pretty surprised and impressed.

Auto disk- Despite my reservations it works great. I set it up to throw 5.5 grains of Unique and it was on the money almost every time. I caught a few that were 5.4 but no overages. That is very acceptable for me and for pistol/range ammo.

Final Thoughts:
For the average, regular shooter who doesn't need to churn out competition level amounts of ammo every month and if you are on a budget. ( I fit both criteria) IMO, you just can't beat this setup for the price.
Not including the dies ( already had them) I have less then 200.00 in everything.

Colorado4Wheel
11-10-2011, 13:32
Very nice to hear. I think it's a great press. You can adjust the Safety prime up with a single washer and it might help make it more consistent. Plus, you kinda get used to the way it works and that helps as well. Glad your happy.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1376213

wdphillips
11-10-2011, 13:43
I agree with all of your observations. Sometime you wonder but... it just works and the price is right.

The Lee Pro 1000 is very similar to the LCT. The LoadMaster is just a bit more complicated but I have 3 of them!:supergrin:

RustyFN
11-10-2011, 19:00
Glad you are happy with it Rhino. I haven't talked to very many people that didn't like the CT. I have been loading on mine five years and am still very happy with it.

FLSlim
11-11-2011, 09:57
Thanks for your report and glad you seem happy with it.

creophus
11-15-2011, 10:13
Glad you like it. The autoprime does take a bit of getting used to. Mine works better on large primers than it does on small primers.

tkdkraig
11-15-2011, 10:27
Love mine great price simple works great!