Sig 522 parts ?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sig 522 parts ??

Jerry
11-10-2011, 17:00
What are the two plastic blocks for that are in the bag with the extended stock pad? Went through the manual three times. Nothing! Looked in every nuke and cranny from every angle inside and out of the rifle. I give! What in the heck are they for? Something to do with the thickerer pad? :dunno:

AWGD8
11-10-2011, 20:06
What are the two plastic blocks for that are in the bag with the extended stock pad? Went through the manual three times. Nothing! Looked in every nuke and cranny from every angle inside and out of the rifle. I give! What in the heck are they for? Something to do with the thickerer pad? :dunno:

Same here...:dunno:

Jerry
11-10-2011, 20:37
Same here...:dunno:

I’m wondering if it does something under the thicker recoil-pad. I have no idea what it could possibly do and I’m not pulling the pad just to see. A note in the bag would have been a nice touch.

There also isn’t anything in the instruction booklet about how to remove the recoil-pad from the stock. Luckily in one of the videos posted on YouTube the guy tells how to do it (no visual) and makes mention that he had to figure it out because there are no instructions. You must remove/loosen/turn(?) the screw right in front of and at the top of the pad then slide the pad off. He said putting the thicker one on takes a bit of doing.

This sure is a fun gun though! :supergrin:

AWGD8
11-15-2011, 19:20
I’m wondering if it does something under the thicker recoil-pad. I have no idea what it could possibly do and I’m not pulling the pad just to see. A note in the bag would have been a nice touch.

There also isn’t anything in the instruction booklet about how to remove the recoil-pad from the stock. Luckily in one of the videos posted on YouTube the guy tells how to do it (no visual) and makes mention that he had to figure it out because there are no instructions. You must remove/loosen/turn(?) the screw right in front of and at the top of the pad then slide the pad off. He said putting the thicker one on takes a bit of doing.

This sure is a fun gun though! :supergrin:

I was planning on putting some cusion or tape to prevent the butt stock from wiggling and discovered this....

Here is the answer my friend. I discovered it by accident how to pull the stock out and find the 2 tiny holes with pegs perfectly aligned with the 2 holes on the 2 extra parts you are questioning about.

Before I posted it, I decided to Google it and found this:

http://www.sigpower.com/522/522.html

So I guess I do not have to repost my accidental discovery bec. someone already did. :supergrin:

That really saved me from posting pics and typing.:supergrin: