Range report: KKM barrel for Glock 20... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Range report: KKM barrel for Glock 20...

danattherock
11-10-2011, 20:02
Got my Glock 20 a new barrel from KKM and tried it out today at the range. In short, this is an exceptional upgrade from the factory barrel. The accuracy is notably improved. The shot dispersion is considerably smaller for this shooter compared to using the stock Glock barrel.

I have shot 600-700 rounds through my stock G20 so I am hardly an accomplished 10 mm shooter. Mostly 200 and 230 gr Double Tap as I bought this gun for a woods gun. Ran some 180 gr Remington UMC through it as well and that is what I used today in the new KKM barrel. Not premium ammo by most standards, but 150 rounds went flawlessly through the KKM. I suspect a custom tailored reload and practice will result in even tighter grouping. Immediately upon shooting this KKM barrel today I understand what the fuss is about.

Sorry for the crap images, I used my cell phone as I was rushed for time.

This is what you get...

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6220/6332911423_40ec01961c_z.jpg

Out with the old, in with the new...

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6114/6332911671_46f7969d20_z.jpg

Chamber support and feeding ramp shot...

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6115/6332911909_a2949aa7e6_z.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6218/6332912219_7db58733c4_z.jpg

Snug as a bug in a rug...

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6240/6333662422_86bee13527_z.jpg

My reward for donating $165 to the KKM fund. 15 shots off hand from 10 yards...

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6038/6332586709_381b5bfffd_z.jpg

-Dan

Saberman
11-10-2011, 20:13
Im really thinking about a 10MM...........

MightyTygart
11-10-2011, 20:33

Put those thoughts into a cash transaction.....get one.

TreyG-20
11-10-2011, 21:33
How hard? Just do it

TreyG-20
11-10-2011, 21:35
Thats awesome man i really need to quit messing around and get me one of those. Im still up in between a KKM and stormlake

danattherock
11-11-2011, 12:28
Thats awesome man i really need to quit messing around and get me one of those. Im still up in between a KKM and stormlake

Heard good things about both. In fact, I am soon ordering a 4 port Storm Lake 9 mm conversion barrel for my Glock 35 (40S&W). However, after shooting this KKM, I am curious about getting another KKM for that purpose. I do like the porting options on the Storm Lake for the G35. That pistol has the cut out on the top of the slide so the porting would be slick.

-Danh

NavyMSU
11-11-2011, 12:50
Chamber support and feeding ramp shot...

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6115/6332911909_a2949aa7e6_z.jpg

That KKM feed ramp looks a bit narrow.

Do us a favor and report any feed problems (which ammo) you might come across.

I'm interested in getting the KKM 10mm conversion barrel for my G30!

The stock just looks more forgiving.

JimIsland
11-11-2011, 12:54
"15 shots at 10 yards". Where did the other 2 rounds go??? lol J/k Nice group:) I think I'm going to order the 40 cal. barrel since I love the way my G20 fits in my hand.

ModGlock17
11-11-2011, 13:04
Dan,

We need a 45degree picture (not straight from the top nor from the side), looking into how much the feed ramp covers the loaded round.

If KKM is "fully" supported, we would see the feedramp covers more, of the loaded brass than the stock barrel.

Thanks.

MarineHawk
11-11-2011, 13:18
And Dan, what kind of phone do you have? It takes better close-up pics than most cameras I think.

post-apocalyptic
11-11-2011, 15:43

Glock barrels are far more forgiving, but they're meant for combat, not just fun at the range or hunting in ideal circumstances.

It's a bit foolish to use an aftermarket barrel in a carry pistol, imo. Sure, some of them might be pretty reliable, but none of them are as reliable as a Glock barrel.

danattherock
11-11-2011, 17:10
And Dan, what kind of phone do you have? It takes better close-up pics than most cameras I think.

iPhone 4 with some quick post processing in Flickr before sharing.

bac1023
11-11-2011, 20:35
Thanks for the report. :)

4949shooter
11-12-2011, 04:05
iPhone 4 with some quick post processing in Flickr before sharing.
Those are some nice pics for a phone..

Jitterbug
11-12-2011, 07:56
Nice report!

No Mercy
11-12-2011, 13:13
I have a KKM in my G20 and G29. Never a problem. The fit and finish on them is excellant! Love them! ;)

Kegs
11-12-2011, 14:32
Glock barrels are far more forgiving, but they're meant for combat, not just fun at the range or hunting in ideal circumstances.

The above is correct. That in the quote below is incorrect.

They are in fact easily as reliable as the stock barrel. I have both. I shoot a great deal I have not had one single feeding issue in any of the thousands of reasonably mfgr'd ammo (including my hand loads) fired through my KKM barrel. The Glock stock barrel has a chamber that is unnecessary loose for 100% reliability.

A stock Glock pistol will have a better chance having a KB! than my KKM barreled pistol failing to function properly.

I don't work for or have any professional relationship with KKM or any other aftermarket mfgrs. I am a customer and I know my pistols.

I carry KKM and full power 10mm loads. (135nos@1700fps avg. chronographed; 866FPE). 1"@25y for 10 shot groups slow fired. About the same for cqb drills @ 50'.

It's a bit foolish to use an aftermarket barrel in a carry pistol, imo. Sure, some of them might be pretty reliable, but none of them are as reliable as a Glock barrel.

arushus
11-12-2011, 14:54
Thanks for the report, Im having trouble figuring out which barrel I want to get for my 20sf, I know I dont want a lonewolf since I already have a stock length barrel that has been giving me feeding issues. I was leaning towards a barsto, but now Im kinda back to kkm or stormlake...decisions decisions...oh ya, I want a six inch...quick question, why do the kkm barrels come in the EXACT same plastic package as the lonewolf barrels? It is a conspiracy i tell ya!

post-apocalyptic
11-12-2011, 18:04
I think we're both right, Kegs.. or both have a point, anyway.

Aftermarket barrels might have close to the same reliability assuming everything is clean. When fouling and dirt/debris come into play, those "loose" chambers and wide feed ramps have a distinct advantage.

post-apocalyptic
11-12-2011, 18:22
...I carry KKM and full power 10mm loads. (135nos@1700fps avg. chronographed; 866FPE)...

I think a couple terms considering 10mm ammo should be better defined. Imo, full-power 10mm should be used to describe ammo that is close to what was the standard load before they started pussifying it for the Feebs; 180gr @ 1300fps; 676FPE.

The "full power 10mm loads" you mention here are better described as super-power 10mm as they push the physical limitations of the cartridge.

Aftermarket barrels are not required, or even necessarily desirable for full-power 10mm rounds, only the super-power boutique stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to have an opportunity to start reloading 10mm myself, so I can have the satisfaction of working up my own muy caliente loads and eventually push the limits of the pistol and cartridge... but I get a whiff of elitism, (and misinformation), when the subject of "full-power 10mm" comes up on this forum sometimes.

If you believed everything you read here; you'd think that your Glock would kaboom the moment you tried to fire something hotter than UMC out of a stock barrel and that ammo loaded to NORMA standards, (what I argue is indeed full-power above), is little better than .40, and that's just ridiculous. :upeyes:

agtman
11-12-2011, 18:25

Danattherock:

Thanks for your report and pics.

My question with KKM's 10mm tubes has always been the early reports of inconsistent feeding issues - maybe due to tight chambers or maybe to unpolished feed ramps ... :dunno:

Don't know, just askin' ... I wanted to get one, but held off after reading some posts reporting problems.

Did you experience any reliability issues?

:cool:

danattherock
11-12-2011, 20:13
Danattherock:

Did you experience any reliability issues?

:cool:

Zero. 100% reliability with the cheapest ammo my G20 has ever shot. If it will run Remington UMC perfectly, my custom tailored loads should be good to go. I was curious about this aspect of the KKM barrel. Read some (many) older threads and mostly heard about feeding issues with Lone Wolf barrels when compared to KKM, Storm Lake, Bar-Sto, etc.. Can't say there is a pattern here, could be more Lone Wolf barrels sold, and more associated "problems". But I went with my gut on the info I had before me. KKM.

-Dan

agtman
11-13-2011, 09:37
Zero. 100% reliability with the cheapest ammo my G20 has ever shot. If it will run Remington UMC perfectly, my custom tailored loads should be good to go. I was curious about this aspect of the KKM barrel. Read some (many) older threads and mostly heard about feeding issues with Lone Wolf barrels when compared to KKM, Storm Lake, Bar-Sto, etc.. Can't say there is a pattern here, could be more Lone Wolf barrels sold, and more associated "problems". But I went with my gut on the info I had before me. KKM.
-Dan

Okay, thanks. :)

rcd567
11-13-2011, 14:31
Kegs,
Since you have some experience with KKM barrels, do they support the cartridge better than the stock barrel? Meaning is there a bulge in the fired case like there is with the stock barrel? Or is the bulge absent?

No Mercy
11-13-2011, 14:53

Aftermarket barrels might have close to the same reliability assuming everything is clean. When fouling and dirt/debris come into play, those "loose" chambers and wide feed ramps have a distinct advantage.

I ran 500 rounds through my G29 KKM barrelled Glock yesterday with ZERO issues. I dont think Id ever shoot that many rounds in a self defense situation! :shocked: LOL! Its reliable! I carry mine with the KKM because Ive lost a stock G20 to a kaboom and almost lost my finger with it! Gives me peace of mind.
The round was a gunshow reload and it blew out the unsupported bottom end of case and shoved the magazine out the bottom of gun in pieces,split the frame,and ran the mag catch into my trigger finger! It freakin hurt!

Kegs
11-14-2011, 10:27
I answered this via p.m., but will just answer this for everyone just in case they are considering an aftermarket barrel:

There is a noticeable difference between the chambers of my KKM barrel and my Glock barrel and my .40 conversion barrel (Federal arms? - <note it's not stamped, I bought used and I am unsure of who machined it> the support of the conversion barrel is only a little better than the Glock).

The Glock barrel (at least mine does) will guppy-belly the cases - yes, pretty nasty bulges in the fired cases. On hot loads, you will see a smile where the gas pressure pushes the brass into the feed ramp (since it encroaches the barrel too far by design) BEFORE primers start to blow out - and it is somewhat risky to fire really hot loads in a stock barrel because you risk a case blowout (Kaboom!/KB!).

On the .40 conversion barrel I have - it is similar to the Glock. It has too much of a feed ramp intrusion into the barrel - AND it has side intrusions as well - similar to the Glock chambering in the old .40s. It is not as loose as the Glock chamber, and ramp does not protrude as far, but still too loose for hot loads.

The KKM barrel will blow out primers before you see smiles in the case since the feed ramp does not protrude into the chamber beyond the web of the case. The web of the case is not much affected by gas pressure as it is solid until the primer pocket - but when the feed ramp protrudes beyond the web - such as it does in the stock Glock barrel - blowouts start to have serious potential.

If you look on the stock Glock .40 barrels from Gen 1 and Gen2 pistols - the ones that LE agencies (and others) were having problems with case ruptures/KB! it's because the feed ramps protrude very far into the chamber and the chamber is too loose in the area just beyond the web. This was a recipe for disaster - Glock later reconfigured their barrels after having so many problems with the original design.

I suspect they have reconfigured their machining on most of their models within the last 2 years as I have heard lots of reports from people saying the support has increased in their stock barrels.

Personally, I wouldn't use a stock Glock barrel in my gun unless I inspected it and was confident of improved support. The way to inspect it is to put an empty, unprimed case into the barrel and use a needle to scribe a mark along the feed ramp protrusion on the case - get that needle as far down as you can along the feed ramp protrusion, pull the case out and have a look at it - if your scribe mark is at or beyond the web of the case (you can cut the case in half to check or just carefully examine the case to estimate where the web stops and the powder area of the case begins), it's lacking support and has an increased risk potential for a blowout.

The Glock is a good handgun design - a little crude compared to other designs, but certainly it is a useful design - but there are a few weak links in the design - the barrel being the least appropriate designed piece within the system.

Kegs,
Since you have some experience with KKM barrels, do they support the cartridge better than the stock barrel? Meaning is there a bulge in the fired case like there is with the stock barrel? Or is the bulge absent?

Taterhead
11-14-2011, 13:04
I ran 500 rounds through my G29 KKM barrelled Glock yesterday with ZERO issues. I dont think Id ever shoot that many rounds in a self defense situation! :shocked: LOL! Its reliable! I carry mine with the KKM because Ive lost a stock G20 to a kaboom and almost lost my finger with it! Gives me peace of mind.
The round was a gunshow reload and it blew out the unsupported bottom end of case and shoved the magazine out the bottom of gun in pieces,split the frame,and ran the mag catch into my trigger finger! It freakin hurt!

I am glad that you were not seriously hurt from the kb.

I think the lesson here is proper ammo selection is more critical to safety than barrel selection. Kabooms happen in fully supported barrels too. KB problems are most commonly caused by bad ammo.

I am one that will not shoot ammo in an aftermarket barrel that I would not shoot in my G20 barrel. About the only thing that precludes me from is SwampFox "fully supported" chamber ammo. DT, Buffalo Bore, handloads to max charges are completely fine. Only once have I had smiles or any other worrisome brass conditions.

G29SF
11-14-2011, 13:20
Some advice that may be common knowledge but was new to me when suggested by Mike at SwampFox Ammo. He said when trying new "hot" ammo, drop the magazine after chambering. If a blowout occurs, it will not be very violent because the blowout will go right down the magwell without any resistance.

I do this evertime I am trying out something new that is supposed to be "hot". It takes almost no effort to do.

No Mercy
11-14-2011, 18:20
Some advice that may be common knowledge but was new to me when suggested by Mike at SwampFox Ammo. He said when trying new "hot" ammo, drop the magazine after chambering. If a blowout occurs, it will not be very violent because the blowout will go right down the magwell without any resistance.

I do this evertime I am trying out something new that is supposed to be "hot". It takes almost no effort to do.

Good advice right there! Wish I had known then, would have saved me alot of trouble and pain! LOL!

danattherock
11-20-2011, 17:31
You guys just reminded me why I am such a fan of Mike at DOUBLE TAP:)

His 200 gr hard cast is the perfect round for my needs.

Great ammo and 100% reliable in my G20.

CanyonMan
11-20-2011, 19:12

Well said. Same apply's to a Kimber with it's famous tight slide to frame fit, vs a Colt or a number of other 1911's. [I] EDC a 45acp Kimber, "when in town," that has a ton of 'custom work' in it, but when it comes to mud/grit etc, the looser fitting slides will out run that tight Kimber. I see 'great advantage' to the KKM or the LW I have, but not for carry. Glock made that 'sloppy' chamber for a reason. To be a fighting reliable combat gun that works in all conditions.

Although I like the KKM and LW and they are good quality and save on brass life, they are not meant for carry, even KKM suggest not to use their barrles for carry, some at LW are divided as well, as to wether a guy should or should not use their barrel for carry.

Mine has been flawless during hunting/playtime, but given my life on the line, I'll stick with the factory barrel. I shoot 10.5grs BD under a 200gr XTP and 11.0grs of BD under a 180gr XTP in the G20 and G29, and have shot a ton of them with no pressure issues or problems, and also a ton of 200gr Hard Cast with no problems in the stock barrel. The stock G20 barrel holds really nice groups with 10.5grs BD and a 200gr BT hard Cast bullet at 100yds, and in long range shooting during play time on the ranch out at 300 yds across the canyon, it shoots real well also.

The AM barrels are fine, but In combat, or for the possibility of maybe needing the gun in an SD situation, the stock barrel is a very well built and reliable barrel to count on..

CM

CM

Mr. Gimmie
03-14-2012, 10:44
I picked up a G20 SF about two months ago and have been assembling reloading equipment and education. I'm nearly done with my Mechanical Engineering degree and I would appreciate some of you quantifying the "more cartridge support" of KKM barrels over stock.

What I mean by this is take the time to make some measurements. 3x for each measurement to be certain and document your procedure so it can be reproduced. Without taking the time to accurately convey what some say is 100% improvement over OEM is simply an unsubstantiated claim. I've seen this many times working for Uncle Sam.

I have taken the time to do what I'm asking some of you with G20 KKM barrels do and I will get the post up today and link it to this one.

My goal is not to irritate but to determine the claims of users and manufactures. If I had the barrel in possession I would take the time out to show others what the benefits were/are.

Also there is quite a bit of difference between inserting an empty case or live round into the barrel without it being in the slide, then stating "this barrel has more support". It may be accurate to do so but last time I checked very few are firing rounds out of a weapons consisting of only a barrel. Please place said components in barrel and install in slide for accurate support comparisons.

Thanks for taking the time.

Mr. G

freakshow10mm
03-14-2012, 12:27
A chambered round in the barrel will be no different with the barrel in the weapon as it will be out of the weapon. The support is the same no matter if the barrel is in the weapon or not. :upeyes:

Mr. Gimmie
03-14-2012, 16:07
A chambered round in the barrel will be no different with the barrel in the weapon as it will be out of the weapon. The support is the same no matter if the barrel is in the weapon or not. :upeyes:

Not true. :laughabove: Measure it yourself. :upeyes: Thanks for proving my point though! That is exactly what I wagered the first response would be, empty claim.

Measurements below were taken with 0 being from the projectile end of the cartridge head where the extraction groove ceases and the body begins:

with barrel out of slide: 0.100" of unsupported ctg. body

with barrel in slide: 0.123" of unsupported ctg. body

Depending on machining/design of replacement barrel this will be different.

Get your tools out and let me know what you come up with.

Mr. G

Yondering
03-14-2012, 20:25
I'm nearly done with my Mechanical Engineering degree and I would appreciate some of you quantifying the "more cartridge support" of KKM barrels over stock.

What I mean by this is take the time to make some measurements. 3x for each measurement to be certain and document your procedure so it can be reproduced. Without taking the time to accurately convey what some say is 100% improvement over OEM is simply an unsubstantiated claim.

You're overthinking this a little... unfortunately a pretty common thing for inexperienced "engineers".

Look at a picture of a KKM barrel's support vs. stock; you'll see you won't need to measure 3x to tell the difference. There have been several pictures posted here recently showing chamber support of different barrel brands.

The difference you're measuring with the barrel in or out of the slide is just a matter of case length - your case is a little short for your barrel's headspace.

Mr. Gimmie
03-14-2012, 21:21
You're overthinking this a little... unfortunately a pretty common thing for inexperienced "engineers".

Look at a picture of a KKM barrel's support vs. stock; you'll see you won't need to measure 3x to tell the difference. There have been several pictures posted here recently showing chamber support of different barrel brands.

The difference you're measuring with the barrel in or out of the slide is just a matter of case length - your case is a little short for your barrel's headspace.

Please tell me how long my case needs to be, sorry I'm inexperienced.

Taterhead
03-14-2012, 22:40
Mr. Gimmie, welcome to the 10mm forum.

0.982-0.992" is appropriate for a 10mm auto case length.

There are a bunch of things to consider besides getting the close measurements that you seek. All one needs to do is drop a case into a barrel. It is obvious that some aftermarket barrels have more support at the six o' clock position than a stock barrel.

That being said, the point is sort of moot. A Gen 3 Glock barrel is fine if you follow sound loading practices. Learning sound loading practices would be a more beneficial endeavor to safe handloading than being concerned with the differences between several microns of case support.

Freakshow was correct. He knows what he is talking about. The cartridge inserted into the chamber will have no differences whether in the slide or outside of the slide. It may shift fore and aft in the gun slightly - depending upon the headspace of the particular gun. But not relevant to much of anything, in my opinion.

I would suggest grabbing a couple of good loading manuals and focus efforts on learning safe handloading practices. That is the best way to keep you safe.

Good luck. I think you will enjoy this rewarding hobby.

A bit of advice. When extremely experienced 10mm handloaders like Freakshow offer information, I would not so readily cast him aside.

Mr. Gimmie
03-14-2012, 23:30
Mr. Gimmie, welcome to the 10mm forum.

0.982-0.992" is appropriate for a 10mm auto case length.

There are a bunch of things to consider besides getting the close measurements that you seek. All one needs to do is drop a case into a barrel. It is obvious that some aftermarket barrels have more support at the six o' clock position than a stock barrel.

That being said, the point is sort of moot. A Gen 3 Glock barrel is fine if you follow sound loading practices. Learning sound loading practices would be a more beneficial endeavor to safe handloading than being concerned with the differences between several microns of case support.

Freakshow was correct. He knows what he is talking about. The cartridge inserted into the chamber will have no differences whether in the slide or outside of the slide. It may shift fore and aft in the gun slightly - depending upon the headspace of the particular gun. But not relevant to much of anything, in my opinion.

I would suggest grabbing a couple of good loading manuals and focus efforts on learning safe handloading practices. That is the best way to keep you safe.

A bit of advice. When extremely experienced 10mm handloaders like Freakshow offer information, I would not so readily cast him aside.

I guess this means I don't know how to use a caliper. A micron is quite a bit smaller unit of measure than thousandths of an in.

Anyway, in my years of experience post count doesn't equal expertise. Actually the opposite has proven true.

That being said, I inspected the difference, it's there. I don't care if you don't believe me. And the guy claims what's simply not true, WTF? In addition, the man is quite rude when someone is simply hoping to find quantitative data on aftermarket barrels.

Thanks for the advice about learning reloading. I didn't start with this process two days ago. It's been months of study. I was afraid there were people with little better to do than pick apart others posts rather than help learn. What are sites like this for??

This will go no where fast, since my post count is so small. I'll go blow my gun up now....

Yondering
03-14-2012, 23:33

Yes, well said.

I really like the Speer manual for learning how to load ammo.

The case length and trim length are available in any decent loading manual.

Regarding my earlier comment: inexperience is fine, just try not to go off half cocked as a result of that inexperience. No offense intended. I'm an engineer too, and get to deal with inexperienced new guys every day that think they know everything, but don't understand what's really going on. Just part of life, and some learn faster than others.

Any Cal.
03-14-2012, 23:46
It had nothing to do with post count. Freakshow knows what he is talking about. Others who know what they are doing know enough to listen to him.

It isn't so much that you don't know how to use a caliper, it is that you don't really understand what you are trying to measure. I'm not saying that as an insult, just explaining why your findings don't jive with what everyone is trying to tell you.

freakshow10mm
03-15-2012, 00:07
Anyway, in my years of experience post count doesn't equal expertise. Actually the opposite has proven true.
Post count means nothing. 10K posts in 9 years is about 3.5 posts per day average. I don't post a lot, I've just been on GT a while.

I've been handloading the 10mm commercially since 2006 and there are less than a half dozen people on this forum that have personally loaded/shot more 10mm than I have. McNett has loaded/shot more and Underwood is still far behind. Both are ammunition manufacturers. No one else comes to mind.

And the guy claims what's simply not true, WTF? In addition, the man is quite rude when someone is simply hoping to find quantitative data on aftermarket barrels.
Rude? Didn't know I had to cater to those with soft feelings. The fact that you are debating this is mind boggling. It doesn't take an engineer in training to see more support with A than B.

Thanks for the advice about learning reloading. I didn't start with this process two days ago. It's been months of study. I was afraid there were people with little better to do than pick apart others posts rather than help learn. What are sites like this for??

I'm not picking apart your posts, I'm telling you facts. I've got a lot of experience with handloading and in particular, this cartridge. It isn't some stupid moniker that I use as a poser. 10mm is all I do.:wavey:

Taterhead
03-15-2012, 08:40
I guess this means I don't know how to use a caliper. A micron is quite a bit smaller unit of measure than thousandths of an in.

That being said, I inspected the difference, it's there. I don't care if you don't believe me. And the guy claims what's simply not true, WTF? In addition, the man is quite rude when someone is simply hoping to find quantitative data on aftermarket barrels.

This will go no where fast, since my post count is so small. I'll go blow my gun up now....

Dude. Lighten up a tad. "Micron" was just a figure of speech.

Anyway, if getting this data point is on your mind. Fine. No harm in that. That being said, understanding the mechanics of why you are getting different measurements in and out of the slide is more important than the raw number itself.

Probably a more useful endeavor would be to zoom out a bit and master the basics.

This is a great forum with several very seasoned loaders with diverse experiences.

zippyhuntin
03-15-2012, 14:16
I don't think you need to measure to see which barrel has more support.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g159/zippyhuntin/gun%20stuff/10mmcaseweb.jpg

HiVel
03-15-2012, 16:39
It is easy to see. Remember the Glock barrel is made for dutyand the others are made for fun.. Glock says do not shoot reloads in their barrels.
Some time ago I was reloading with a buddy doing 40's. We would try to shoot the previously fired (new) ammo from a 40 Glock , once reloaded, in an HK USP . The ammo would stick almost one or two rounds every mag, sometimes more, in the HK.We used the latest reloading equipment from Dillon. We did not however have a gauge to check the ammo. What this told us was the Glock bulged the new ammo and our reloader did not size it back down enough to run smoothly in the apparently very tight HK chamber.
We also were reloading 10mm and shooting it in my 29 and his 20. It was pretty hot(don't ask me the loads 'cuz I forgot but it was a zinger).we were using new brass-my gun was stock and it would not run with those loads-using factory ammo it was fine, but the hot stuff tripped it up every time. His big stock Glock 10mm had no problems with the ammo. All this proves very little except the obvious. That being said , see above posts on the barrels and end the blabbing. Good luck and watch out for the dreaded KB!!(we never had any)
PS-I am starting up my relaoder for the 10mm any day now. Thanks for the advice-have a 6" LW barrel that works great with factory ammo--
wish me luck.