woman first shots vid! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : woman first shots vid!

dustyroads13
11-11-2011, 22:52
this is my gf in the video and she will be carrying a weapon in the future but first shes learning how to shoot and handle a gun! she carrys pepper spray now but there are some creepy people around here and she will eventually carry a smaller firearm off and on for defense.

enjoy and support the vid! going back to the range in a couple weeks..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wUhS10f39r0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

xxlarge
11-15-2011, 06:21
Good for her and you. One suggestion; have her take a higher grip hold with right hand. It should cut down somewhat on muzzle jump. I could not see how her left hand was positioned but both thumbs should be pointed towards target.

Stay safe and enjoy the sport. She appears to be headed in the right direction. :supergrin:

dustyroads13
11-24-2011, 01:03
thanks! yeah she had her left hand on it well and thumbs in the right spot after some adjustment. I like that range alot... once I get better at fast shooting im going to make some vids doing there harder settings on the pop up targets.

expensive to go there though! lol

Deployment Solu
11-24-2011, 07:44
I agree. Grip is paramount for accuracy. Stance for stationary shooting is important to build the basics.

Congrats on having a pretty girl who will be able to defend herself!!!

Poppa Bear
11-24-2011, 08:59
I was not really seeing her left hand as she was shooting. At first I thought she was firing strong hand only. My observation is to get the grip higher. Her right thumb should be almost even with the base of the slide or even partially above it. The left hand should be almost as high with the left hand very visible next to the right thumb. The higher the grip the less muzzle flip.

My grip is so high that my left thumb is higher on the slide than my right thumb.

gruntmedik
11-24-2011, 12:58
Congrats on getting her out to shoot. :thumbsup:

Which range is that?

dustyroads13
11-27-2011, 14:19
Congrats on getting her out to shoot. :thumbsup:

Which range is that?

it is the range right outside of downtown lexington off Winchester rd.
its buds guns and says gun warehouse on the front Im pretty sure.

cool place! check it out sometime.

we are going back pretty soon to rent some pistols and see what caliber and everything she likes and also work on the grip but that will come in time.

Walk Soft
11-27-2011, 14:22

we are going back pretty soon to rent some pistols and see what caliber and everything she likes and also work on the grip but that will come in time.

I'm addicted to the reactive steel range there.It's one of four in the country.

TreyG-20
11-27-2011, 14:37
Sweet range

gruntmedik
11-27-2011, 16:10

Thanks. I'll have to check it out.

dustyroads13
11-27-2011, 22:46
I'm addicted to the reactive steel range there.It's one of four in the country.

its pretty awesome.
hearing the target ping and watching it go down is cool.

the first target is a little close though and you get shrapnel flying back at you haha

dustyroads13
12-01-2011, 00:07
new vid up soon! going to range again

denn1911
12-01-2011, 05:15
Congrats to her. She seemed to have fun, which will keep her wanting to get more proficient. Good job getting her involved.

Go Navy
12-03-2011, 19:36
What caliber, and what model?

dustyroads13
12-03-2011, 22:44
its a glock 19. 9mm
I wish I had some land that I could shoot on!