Went cheap [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Went cheap

motorcyclist
11-13-2011, 10:40
Forgive me for I have sinned. I did not buy a LMT, BCM, LaRue, Noveske or any other high dollar AR. After much research I came to realize I'm not a LEO, in Afganistan for a fire fight or shooting a thousand rounds a day in a tactical rifle class. I just want to punch holes in paper and explode old laptop computers (have a few laying around). And should SHTF happen, I figure a desent AR should be able to get off a couple hundred rounds. If not, my old AK-47 will.
A couple months ago I purchased a PSA srtipped lower and MOE lower kit. Yesterday I was on PSA's web site and noticed most of the complete uppers had come back in stock (have been out of stock for awhile now). I ordered the 16" mid length with hammer fordged barrel and MOE forend. While mulling that over I thought about my 16yo Son and Christmas and wound up ordering him the complete carbine rifle with MOE funiture. I figured if his requirements go beyond punching holes in paper he can join the Army and they can give him a M4.
These will be the first AR's I've owned since making a killing on a Colt carbine after the AWB went into effect (story in its self). Give me a couple days after Christmas and I'll let you know how crappy they are.

JGguns
11-13-2011, 10:53
If you looked around this forum for about 30 seconds you can see that PSA is said to be a quality budget ar....

bmoore
11-13-2011, 10:54
Oh no!!!!!!!!! Didnt you know for 300 dollars more you could have got a Colt or BCM? Those PSA's are gonna fall apart! You didnt know that PSA is not a proven company? I dont even shoot my PSA dissy, I just put it on the rock and take pics of it; Im afraid if I shoot it that it will start breaking. You haved sinned bad, before buying you have to ask yourself WWLVD? (what would Larry Vickers do)

RyanNREMTP
11-13-2011, 11:28
No problems here. What works works.

Clint-M
11-13-2011, 11:31
Not to rile up too many people, but does it seem like being anti-tacticool is the new tacticool?

Just show off your rifle and stop caring about what other people think.

Nice buy, post some pictures when they come in.

CM

CarryTexas
11-13-2011, 11:47
PSA is a good rifle... I wouldn't say you went cheap.

motorcyclist
11-13-2011, 12:26
If you looked around this forum for about 30 seconds you can see that PSA is said to be a quality budget ar....

I did look around this forum...quite a bit. It's called sarcasm! And from my home town no less!

billyblooshoes
11-13-2011, 12:35
psa makes quality stuff. i wouldnt worry about it all. rather id be very happy.

faawrenchbndr
11-13-2011, 13:51
Inexpensive is NOT the same as cheap.
KISS is ALWAYS cool!

rattlehead55
11-13-2011, 13:53
There is a guy on here that put 7k though his with out a malfunction.

Singlestack Wonder
11-13-2011, 14:00

No, not quality. Just look for the posts showing pictures of misaligned M4 feed ramps on PSA uppers. PSA is the new supplier on the block using unidentified maufacturer's parts and no past reputation of building AR's.

Buyer beware. Save a little longer and pay a little more and get an AR or AR upper from a proven battle grade rifle company like Colt, BCM, or Daniel Defense. Everything else is just commercial grade.

Airborne Infantryman
11-13-2011, 14:09
Love my PSA.........

As equipped in the picture below, I have only $1200 into it.....

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6053/6300445862_e696fd9fd8_b.jpg

motorcyclist
11-13-2011, 14:33
Save a little longer and pay a little more and get an AR or AR upper from a proven battle grade rifle company like Colt, BCM, or Daniel Defense. Everything else is just commercial grade.

Why do I need a battle grade weapon to punch holes in paper? These arguments remind me of some motorcycle forums. You ain't ride'n a real motorcycle unless it's the newest $21K Ducati superbike. Funny thing is when I'm up in the mountains on my $6500 Suzuki those big dollar hyper bikes seem to go backwards in my mirrors.

Gunnut 45/454
11-13-2011, 14:57
motorcyclist
Good deal you'll have many years of trouble free shooting! Enjoy! I feel the same way my mut Carbine has been prefect for alot of rounds. I only paid $750 to put it together!:supergrin:

itstime
11-13-2011, 15:05
PSA isn't sinning at all there brother. Some decent stuff coming out of there.

bonehead098
11-13-2011, 15:09
Love my PSA.........

As equipped in the picture below, I have only $1200 into it.....

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6053/6300445862_e696fd9fd8_b.jpg

Looks very nicely equipped for the money invested. I'm doing a frankengun build rt. now. I have lower & lpk w/ superior springs, a BHW barrel & brake. I still need an upper receiver, gas block & small parts, a stock, handguard, sights & or optic

HAIL CAESAR
11-13-2011, 15:30
proven battle grade rifle company like Colt, BCM, or Daniel Defense. Everything else is just commercial grade.

Unless Uncle Sugar issued you one......they are ALL COMMERCIAL GRADE.

Oh no's, the OP is going to die in the great attack of the hordes because he didn't buy the absolute best rifle on the market.:upeyes:

Then again, paper doesn't shot back. And then again I only know of a couple of soldiers and LE that post on here....the only ones with the chance to shoot things beside paper.

HAIL CAESAR
11-13-2011, 15:31
motorcyclist,

Congrats, now go shoot some rounds through it. It is only junk and worthless if it doesn't work......or you never shoot it.

Al

Chowser
11-13-2011, 16:23
I also bought the middy from PSA.

My lower should be here next week.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/4148/psakit.jpg

I ended up buying an EOTECH EXPS2-0 OPMOD instead of the Aimpoint PRO which was my first choice.
Oh well.

bmoore
11-13-2011, 16:44
No, not quality. Just look for the posts showing pictures of misaligned M4 feed ramps on PSA uppers. PSA is the new supplier on the block using unidentified maufacturer's parts and no past reputation of building AR's.

Buyer beware. Save a little longer and pay a little more and get an AR or AR upper from a proven battle grade rifle company like Colt, BCM, or Daniel Defense. Everything else is just commercial grade.

Oh man it took longer than a thought for the rehtoric.......battle grade:rofl: Want a battle grade rifle? Start with one not chambered in a .22 caliber varmint round.

pag23
11-13-2011, 16:56
Congrats on the rifle for what your needs are....

I have a BCM & Bushmaster so I can poke fun at myself :)

glock031
11-13-2011, 17:39
There is a guy on here that put 7k though his with out a malfunction.

Yea the one he said he bought last year. The only problem with that is PSA just started selling thier own "PSA" uppers this year in april.

ColdBlooded
11-13-2011, 17:44
My PSA upper seems of quality.

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt230/Vgex/Free%20Arms/AR%20PSA/4.jpg?t=1317941419

scromer
11-13-2011, 18:25
PSA is putting out quality products at good prices. They pay attention to what people want and consult with the folks over at FN to bring a quality product and shake up the market.

JGguns
11-13-2011, 18:26
I did look around this forum...quite a bit. It's called sarcasm! And from my home town no less!

Ahahaha wasn't meant to be offensive. An Helen Keller could have seen the sarcasm in you post. Are you still here in Gville?

motorcyclist
11-13-2011, 18:36
Ahahaha wasn't meant to be offensive. An Helen Keller could have seen the sarcasm in you post. Are you still here in Gville?

No offence taken, was all tongue in cheek. And yes, still in Gville...the big town! I'm trying to find out if the Pickens county rifle range will be open the day after Christmas. I know my Son is gonna drive me crazy till he shoots that rifle.

JGguns
11-13-2011, 18:42
No offence taken, was all tongue in cheek. And yes, still in Gville...the big town! I'm trying to find out if the Pickens county rifle range will be open the day after Christmas. I know my Son is gonna drive me crazy till he shoots that rifle.

Well if I am not working the day after christmas(m wife is due Christmas day with our first child so I shouldn't be working) your welcome to come shoot at my buddy's shop in greer with me. We can get a 110 yard shot.

motorcyclist
11-13-2011, 18:50
Thanks so much for the offer JG! If your wife is due Christmas eve, you best be with her though. Women are funny that way (more sarcasm!). Hope for the best for you and the wife with this new born.

azbuckeye
11-13-2011, 19:04
One question comes to mind....are you happy with what you bought? If so, who cares how much you spent or who made it. Enjoy your new purchase and let us know how it shoots.

svtpwnz
11-13-2011, 20:21
Congrats! I plan on building a PSA rifle myself soon. I am thinking of building a seriously tight budget ar/sbr. I picked up a FN stripped upper for $20 which will go on a $79 PSA lower.

TedG
11-13-2011, 22:53
I'm very pleased with my PSA mid-length dissy, and with the Spikes lower.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i90/TedG954/2011-11-12.jpg

Singlestack Wonder
11-14-2011, 10:25
Unless Uncle Sugar issued you one......they are ALL COMMERCIAL GRADE.

Oh no's, the OP is going to die in the great attack of the hordes because he didn't buy the absolute best rifle on the market.:upeyes:

Then again, paper doesn't shot back. And then again I only know of a couple of soldiers and LE that post on here....the only ones with the chance to shoot things beside paper.

Never mind....Not worth the response as the poster wouldn't understand it. :cool:

billy396
11-14-2011, 14:30

I've yet to have an FTF of any kind with a Ruger or the new LMT CQB piston. I'm sold on piston guns. They stay much cleaner. I've considered the Fail Zero bolt and hammer deal from ******, but so far the Armalite and CMMG work just fine. They sure do get dirty though.

IGotIt
11-14-2011, 14:58
Kool-aid is a mighty powerful drink to some. PSA has gained a following and entered the realm of "don't go there" on another forum where the gods of AR's roam.

Good choice on the equipment and I hope you and your son have a lot of quality time together with the rifles.

HAIL CAESAR
11-14-2011, 17:23
Never mind....Not worth the response as the poster wouldn't understand it. :cool:

Oh, I might understand after a couple decades of using, servicing, training, building, and selling them.

What gets my goat is "you will die in a firefight if you don't get a (Colt, Bushmaster, LMT, RRA, Stag, CMMG, Noveske, Larue, BCM, .......forgot a few....KAC.....)". Insert the favorite brand on the month depending on the year, or decade, it was asked.

The above reply usually came as a response to a question like this, "I am looking for a gun just to go out and shoot and have fun with. Any suggestions?"

:rofl:

Anyway, OP thoroughly enjoy your rifle.

IF, if you shoot it enough to wear it out and decide you want something else then you will know what you want.

punkey71
11-14-2011, 18:26
Why is everyone buying a budget AR trying to justify their purchase by saying, "I just wanna punch holes in paper?" and then spending between $700-$1000 on an AR15.

You can punch holes in paper quite nicely with a proven 10/22. If you just wanna punch holes in paper, why are you buying an AR?

I'm guessing you just wanna look totally cool at the range with your "evil black rifle" - And that makes you a total tool.

If you want to punch holes in paper get an airgun, crossbow or .22LR. They will will all meet your needs of making a hole in a piece of paper.

We all know AR's have become the cool thing to have since the ban ended. Every swingin dank wants one and will try to find the cheapest one they can to fulfill that need in order to be in the "in crowd".

If you are spending $700-$1000 on a gun to "just put holes in paper" in a caliber that isn't the cheapest, you are trying to impress someone.

Please stop trying to tell us you found the best buy in the AR world from a new company with a history of significant assembly problems in a relatively short period of time.

bmoore
11-14-2011, 18:40
Why is everyone buying a budget AR trying to justify their purchase by saying, "I just wanna punch holes in paper?" and then spending between $700-$1000 on an AR15.

You can punch holes in paper quite nicely with a proven 10/22. If you just wanna punch holes in paper, why are you buying an AR?

I'm guessing you just wanna look totally cool at the range with your "evil black rifle" - And that makes you a total tool.

If you want to punch holes in paper get an airgun, crossbow or .22LR. They will will all meet your needs of making a hole in a piece of paper.

We all know AR's have become the cool thing to have since the ban ended. Every swingin dank wants one and will try to find the cheapest one they can to fulfill that need in order to be in the "in crowd".

If you are spending $700-$1000 on a gun to "just put holes in paper" in a caliber that isn't the cheapest, you are trying to impress someone.

Please stop trying to tell us you found the best buy in the AR world from a new company with a history of significant assembly problems in a relatively short period of time.

Pretty heavy flow this month, dont worry it goes away in 5-7 days from what ive been told.

HAIL CAESAR
11-14-2011, 18:58
Again;

Except for a half a handful of people that post here that are Active Duty or LE.....we are all "paper punchers". Before I retired the last real time I got the gun out of the rack was the Ramirez Railroad Killer hunt. And even that was a joke.

The only thing I punch now is paper and coyotes.:rofl:

Anybody here have a story about the last big gunfight they were in that their AR beat back the masses?

If somebody buys a rifle you don't agree with; either don't post....or buy them the rifle you want them to have and ship it to them. I am sure they will appreciate it.

punkey71
11-14-2011, 19:11
Do you carry a gun daily concealed or open?

Again;

Except for a half a handful of people that post here that are Active Duty or LE.....we are all "paper punchers". Before I retired the last real time I got the gun out of the rack was the Ramirez Railroad Killer hunt. And even that was a joke.

The only thing I punch now is paper and coyotes.:rofl:

Anybody here have a story about the last big gunfight they were in that their AR beat back the masses?

If somebody buys a rifle you don't agree with; either don't post....or buy them the rifle you want them to have and ship it to them. I am sure they will appreciate it.

HAIL CAESAR
11-14-2011, 19:15
Do you carry a gun daily concealed or open?

Before I retired I carried "open" for at least 40 hours a week. I "concealed" during the off hours.

Nowadays I "conceal" carry.....unless I am hunting. Anybody know of a way to "conceal carry" a 3 1/2 inch 12 with a 28 inch barrel??? Those darn birds seem to get smarter every year, maybe conceal carry might be the new thing to trick them.:rofl:

punkey71
11-14-2011, 19:29
Pretty heavy flow this month, dont worry it goes away in 5-7 days from what ive been told.

We get it. You are a child. You have stated you share the same profession as I do. Please stop telling people you are a fireman. You embarrass us. We don't make the childish statements above.

I get it. You like to buy cheap tools and try to do the job. Pretty much the the exact opposite of what we should do. We cut no corners. We never stop training and we NEVER settle for close enough. We try until someone makes us stop trying or we physically can't try anymore.

I sincerely hope you are about to retire, because if you are the future of the fire service we are doomed.

If you are in fact a probie, find a mentor about to retire and learn from them.

Never settle for "probably good".

One way or another it will get you killed.

punkey71
11-14-2011, 19:42
Before I retired I carried "open" for at least 40 hours a week. I "concealed" during the off hours.

Nowadays I "conceal" carry.....unless I am hunting. Anybody know of a way to "conceal carry" a 3 1/2 inch 12 with a 28 inch barrel??? Those darn birds seem to get smarter every year, maybe conceal carry might be the new thing to trick them.:rofl:

You have a carry gun that you defend/trust your life with. It might cost around $500-$1000?

I just can't figure out why folks are buying paper punching range guns for $700-$1000.

If you want to target shoot, get a 10/22.

Please stop telling us (not you personally) a nearly $1000 AR is a "range plinker". It just doesn't make sense.

HAIL CAESAR
11-14-2011, 19:55
You have a carry gun that you defend/trust your life with. It might cost around $500-$1000?

I just can't figure out why folks are buying paper punching range guns for $700-$1000.

Please stop telling us (not you personally) a nearly $1000 AR is a "range plinker". It just doesn't make sense.

I have carry guns that start out at a GP100 that I have $250 in....to a Baer I have 3k+ in. Plus a piss load in between.

I have a Glenfield 60 (that looks like it's been to Afghanistan) that isn't worth the the bullets in the tube...to an Anschutz that is way over 2k. With a piss load in between. I actually have a Noveske that I have 3k+ in that now just punches holes in paper and coyotes.

Different strokes for different folks...and pocket books.

punkey71
11-14-2011, 20:03
I have carry guns that start out at a GP100 that I have $250 in....to a Baer I have 3k+ in. Plus a piss load in between.

I have a Glenfield 60 (that looks like it's been to Afghanistan) that isn't worth the the bullets in the tube...to an Anschutz that is way over 2k. With a piss load in between. I actually have a Noveske that I have 3k+ in that now just punches holes in paper and coyotes.

Different strokes for different folks...and pocket books.

I'll give you $260 for the GP100 :-)

HAIL CAESAR
11-14-2011, 20:08
I'll give you $260 for the GP100 :-)

Sold!!!

Kidding...:wavey:

QNman
11-14-2011, 20:13

I own a 10/22. I also own several AR's. They're all fun to shoot. What's your point? That one should only own target guns in .22LR?

I am the proud owner of a PSA lower with a BCM LPK in it and a Del-Ton upper. It is quite fun to shoot and "put holes in paper". I also own some more expensive rifles that are also fun to "put holes in paper". I am currently on the prowl for a Robinson to "put holes in paper".

OP - enjoy the hell out of them.

punkey71
11-14-2011, 20:16
Sold!!!

Kidding...:wavey:

I guess that's my point. I'd pay for a Ruger GP or SP for defense. A Baer is gorgeous...but I'd never pay for it.

I'm not here to pay the most, just pay for the proven.

As my elders have told me every rifle is a fighting rifle. Every gun is a fighting gun.

bmoore
11-14-2011, 20:48
We get it. You are a child. You have stated you share the same profession as I do. Please stop telling people you are a fireman. You embarrass us. We don't make the childish statements above.

I get it. You like to buy cheap tools and try to do the job. Pretty much the the exact opposite of what we should do. We cut no corners. We never stop training and we NEVER settle for close enough. We try until someone makes us stop trying or we physically can't try anymore.

I sincerely hope you are about to retire, because if you are the future of the fire service we are doomed.

If you are in fact a probie, find a mentor about to retire and learn from them.

Never settle for "probably good".

:upeyes:You guys dont make childish statements? What kind of an FD do you work for? Thats how we roll at our stations, ribbing each other. I actually work at an FD that turns out serious call volumes a year in a low income area, we haggle each other to shed some of the other stuff off. I would hate to work in your station.

Im sure your the guy that drops paperwork on everybody when your feelings get hurt, we fire guys like you in their probie year so we dont have to deal with the crying for 30 years. But just like you did, we have some that slipped through the cracks.......and we have to act like we are at a show and tell all day so nobody is "offended". We have to make sure we pat them on the bottom all day and make sure they are a winner no matter what, and that they are great. We keep their self esteem high and tell them they are doing a great job.

You seem a lot like the new era fire service. Kinder and gentler, make sure you play with kid gloves around them.

cciman
11-14-2011, 20:49
Careful guys! You don't want the AR to cost less than the AK. That would be really bad. :rofl:

Actually my AK does cost more than each of my AR's :crying: That's probably the rifle I will kill zombies with.

We are on the edge of talking about another's religion, or mother. My kungfu is better than yours.

motorcyclist
11-14-2011, 20:59
Thank you punkey71 for showing me the error of my ways. Tomorrow mourning I will cancel the order for the carbine and the upper. I will also sell all my other firearms on the chance they might be sub-par and not the absolute best. I wait with bated breath for you to publish a list of true "fighting guns" so I my not make such a mistake again. After all, my very exsistence may depend upon this.

bmoore
11-14-2011, 21:11
Thank you punkey71 for showing me the error of my ways. Tomorrow mourning I will cancel the order for the carbine and the upper. I will also sell all my other firearms on the chance they might be sub-par and not the absolute best. I wait with bated breath for you to publish a list of true "fighting guns" so I my not make such a mistake again. After all, my very exsistence may depend upon this.

:rofl: See motorcyclist arent you glad the voice of reason showed you the light? Be careful, dont offend anyone. Dont act like a child.

punkey71
11-14-2011, 21:15
:upeyes:You guys dont make childish statements? What kind of an FD do you work for? Thats how we roll at our stations, ribbing each other. I actually work at an FD that turns out serious call volumes a year in a low income area, we haggle each other to shed some of the other stuff off. I would hate to work in your station.

Im sure your the guy that drops paperwork on everybody when your feelings get hurt, we fire guys like you in their probie year so we dont have to deal with the crying for 30 years. But just like you did, we have some that slipped through the cracks.......and we have to act like we are at a show and tell all day so nobody is "offended". We have to make sure we pat them on the bottom all day and make sure they are a winner no matter what, and that they are great. We keep their self esteem high and tell them they are doing a great job.

You seem a lot like the new era fire service. Kinder and gentler, make sure you play with kid gloves around them.

kinder, gentler tells you have practiced those words...aint my bag..trust me.

Nothing like dropping the standards......as you do. They are "probably good"....

punkey71
11-14-2011, 21:21
firemen..rifles...they met the specs....THEY ARE AS GOOD AS ANYBODY!

punkey71
11-14-2011, 21:23
some of us set our standards slightly higher than the minimum....but that's just us....weird huh?

bluejackets92fs
11-14-2011, 21:27
Oh no!!!!!!!!! Didnt you know for 300 dollars more you could have got a Colt or BCM? Those PSA's are gonna fall apart! You didnt know that PSA is not a proven company? I dont even shoot my PSA dissy, I just put it on the rock and take pics of it; Im afraid if I shoot it that it will start breaking. You haved sinned bad, before buying you have to ask yourself WWLVD? (what would Larry Vickers do)

Haha I got in an argument on M4carbine earlier tonight about the same crap. Someone asked about Nickle Boron BCG's and the first esponse is "Spikes Tactical is crap". "Should have bought Colt". That arguement irritates me to no end. Yes we all know Colts are great but not everyone needs one to accomplish their goals. Someone could want a varmint Ar and colt would still be the suggestion on that forum.

bmoore
11-14-2011, 21:35
Haha I got in an argument on M4carbine earlier tonight about the same crap. Someone asked about Nickle Boron BCG's and the first esponse is "Spikes Tactical is crap". "Should have bought Colt". That arguement irritates me to no end. Yes we all know Colts are great but not everyone needs one to accomplish their goals. Someone could want a varmint Ar and colt would still be the suggestion on that forum.

Thank you for noticing the blindness of some. I actually saw a guy mention a BCM "middy" (everything has to be BCM middy) to someone for predator calling. I mean I guess it would work fine, but a weird choice. In fact a few people that I hunt with in the desert in So Cal jumped on MidwayUSA's deal for the bull barrel flat top 16" DMPS uppers for 349. No forward assist, front site, or dust cover but those things drive nails with nice glass! Now remember its not a proven battle rifle, but they work great in the sandy wind blown desert. Also keep in mind we dont shoot 6,000 rounds an hour like true civilian operators.

bluejackets92fs
11-14-2011, 21:50
Thank you for noticing the blindness of some. I actually saw a guy mention a BCM "middy" (everything has to be BCM middy) to someone for predator calling. I mean I guess it would work fine, but a weird choice. In fact a few people that I hunt with in the desert in So Cal jumped on MidwayUSA's deal for the bull barrel flat top 16" DMPS uppers for 349. No forward assist, front site, or dust cover but those things drive nails with nice glass! Now remember its not a proven battle rifle, but they work great in the sandy wind blown desert. Also keep in mind we dont shoot 6,000 rounds an hour like true civilian operators.

Haha I mentioned that 90% of M4carbine is tactical timmy and the other 10% is actually the LEO/ Special Forces that they all claim to be and someone got offended that I didn't include the non SF soldiers. Like really? As if we don't appreciate your service either way? Just a reference people lol. My first AR was a DPMS A3 20" and it worked fine. I sold it to fund other stuff but for my application it worked fine. If I was building a 100% battle rifle I would have no problem using a magnitude of brands. Plenty of good options out there. As long as you are happy then who cares right? Just remember you get what you pay for.

txgunguy
11-14-2011, 23:28
We don't make the childish statements above.

I would probably kill myself if no one made any childish statements at the station. I'm sorry your department is so boring.

bmoore
11-14-2011, 23:50
I would probably kill myself if no one made any childish statements at the station. I'm sorry your department is so boring.

You and me both, my man!

joecoastie
11-15-2011, 18:05
As my elders have told me every rifle is a fighting rifle. Every gun is a fighting gun.

I really have a hard time considering my bolt action .17 HMR a fighting rifle. :upeyes:

HAIL CAESAR
11-15-2011, 19:21
I really have a hard time considering my bolt action .17 HMR a fighting rifle. :upeyes:

I hear ya. I have a Remington 40X in .22LR that weighs over 15 pounds with scope. The only thing I plan on fighting with it is back aches.:wavey:

joecoastie
11-15-2011, 19:42
I hear ya. I have a Remington 40X in .22LR that weighs over 15 pounds with scope. The only thing I plan on fighting with it is back aches.:wavey:

:rofl:

GSSF17
11-15-2011, 21:43
Yea the one he said he bought last year. The only problem with that is PSA just started selling thier own "PSA" uppers this year in april.

That would be me. Doubt it all you like. Nothing to prove, just stating a fact. Not here to argue brands. Even sharing an opinion or experience with a particular manufacturer has proven to be too much for some.

I have a PSA rifle- that is one coming up on one year old, and right at 7k through it. Good training rifle that has proven itself over and over.

Thanks and safe shooting.

punkey71
11-15-2011, 22:30

Among shift members it is not only fine, it is certainly the standard.

When a member of the public walks through the door or a fireman from a different department stops in for a tour and a tee we treat them with respect. If they ask to go out for a beer after shift change that's a different story. It's about knowing your audience/venue and using common sense.

I don't talk to people from the other shifts the way I talk to people on my shift. I'm guessing you don't either. You get comfortable with the guys you work with and depend on every day. We all say things that should get us fired if HR ever bugged the station. We all enjoy that....if someone isn't picking on you that probably means no one likes you and/or your a POS.

The internet isn't the station. It seems everyone's common sense goes out the window due the the anonymity of the internet. People say a lot of things they would never say if the person they were addressing was standing 3 feet in front of them.

I certainly think disagreements are fine but going into 8th grade insults instead of talking facts from the comfort of a keyboard is cowardly and does nothing to address the issue being discussed.

txgunguy
11-16-2011, 09:41
Among shift members it is not only fine, it is certainly the standard.

When a member of the public walks through the door or a fireman from a different department stops in for a tour and a tee we treat them with respect. If they ask to go out for a beer after shift change that's a different story. It's about knowing your audience/venue and using common sense.

I don't talk to people from the other shifts the way I talk to people on my shift. I'm guessing you don't either. You get comfortable with the guys you work with and depend on every day. We all say things that should get us fired if HR ever bugged the station. We all enjoy that....if someone isn't picking on you that probably means no one likes you and/or your a POS.

The internet isn't the station. It seems everyone's common sense goes out the window due the the anonymity of the internet. People say a lot of things they would never say if the person they were addressing was standing 3 feet in front of them.

I certainly think disagreements are fine but going into 8th grade insults instead of talking facts from the comfort of a keyboard is cowardly and does nothing to address the issue being discussed.

Everything you said in bold is absolutely true. Your post just made it sound like you don't have any fun at the station.

Let's think of AR's like this for a second.

I work for a very large department. We don't get the newest and best equipment out there. Whether it be gloves, coats, hoods, tools, etc. Our engines aren't bright and shiny and new, but they work. Would I like the newest Scott airpack? Of course. Woud I like the newest heavy rescue tools? You bet. Would I would I like a multi tool instead of carrying an axe and halligan? Yes. But my dept can't afford all those things. So we use what we have, and it works.

The same goes for an AR-15. Not everyone can afford the best and newest out there. So they can get something less expensive that works.

We are all enthusiasts on here and get caught up in "everything must be mil-spec". The average shooter, that doesn't care about that, just wants to know if it will work for a long time. And that's all that really matters.

Gunnut 45/454
11-16-2011, 22:31
bluejackets92fs
Don't feel bad I've been sent to the no posting room more times then I've posted over there! Yep say anything contrary to the Chart and your muzzled quicker then a rabid dog!
Say DPMS and you canned! Especially if you tell them your DPMS has been completely jam free for thousands of rounds! :)

punkey71
A 10/22 isn't much good past 100 yards for punching paper! And it sure as heck would not have killed my last yote at 178 yards! AR's make great varmint guns be it two legged or four! :)

22rtf2
11-22-2011, 15:01
Been away for a year, glad to see nothing has changed around here. Funny thread, you guys are too much! :rofl:

Randolph da man
11-22-2011, 19:28
Haha I mentioned that 90% of M4carbine is tactical timmy and the other 10% is actually the LEO/ Special Forces that they all claim to be and someone got offended that I didn't include the non SF soldiers. Like really? As if we don't appreciate your service either way? Just a reference people lol. My first AR was a DPMS A3 20" and it worked fine. I sold it to fund other stuff but for my application it worked fine. If I was building a 100% battle rifle I would have no problem using a magnitude of brands. Plenty of good options out there. As long as you are happy then who cares right? Just remember you get what you pay for.

If you would read the mission statement @ M4C.net you'd realize you dont belong there.
I would also suggest you start collecting beenie babies.

22rtf2
11-23-2011, 08:31
Oh man it took longer than a thought for the rehtoric.......battle grade:rofl: Want a battle grade rifle? Start with one not chambered in a .22 caliber varmint round.

Best.quote.ever!:rofl:

M&P15T
11-23-2011, 08:52

If you don't like civilian ARs and their civilian owners, why are you posting here? Do you even own an AR?

Never settle for "probably good". One way or another it will get you killed.

Yes....buy anything not BATTLE GRADE and you'll die, it's just proven scientific fact.:rofl:
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9351/ronburgundyza7.png

It doesn't have to make sense to you, and no one cares if it makes sense to you or not. No one buys an AR thinking to themselves "Hmm, would this purchase, and what I'm going to do with it, make sense to punkey?"

Every gun is a fighting gun.
:rofl::rofl:
So according to you, the hundreds of thousands of civilian AR owners, who never fire a shot in anger, should sell them, since we don't use them to fight.

I'll give you one thing, you are the quintessential example of the over-the-top uber-ninja attitude that ruins this forum.

22rtf2
11-23-2011, 09:45
:rofl::rofl:
So according to you, the hundreds of thousands of civilian AR owners, who never fire a shot in anger, should sell them, since we don't use them to fight.

I'll give you one thing, you are the quintessential example of the over-the-top uber-ninja attitude that ruins this forum.

WOLVERINES!!!!!!! :rofl:

M&P15T
11-23-2011, 10:44
WOLVERINES!!!!!!! :rofl:
http://www.pbpulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/wolverines.jpg

22rtf2
11-23-2011, 10:55
http://www.pbpulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/wolverines.jpg

Love it!!!

Scary how many folks out there talk like they wish this would happen.

They have no clue. :faint:

M&P15T
11-23-2011, 11:31
Love it!!!

Scary how many folks out there talk like they wish this would happen.

They have no clue. :faint:

Not just wish it would happen, but train really hard in case it does.:shocked: