Interesting AR upper company [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Interesting AR upper company

M&P Shooter
11-13-2011, 10:43
Anybody know anything about these uppers at all? I know they don't come with BCG.

http://www.dsarms.com/DSA-ZM4-Forged-7075T6-A3-AR15-Upper-Receiver/productinfo/DSZM4CBUMIDNONFL/

Bushflyr
11-13-2011, 11:17
It's DSA. They've been top dog in the FAL game forever. I would assume their AR's are good also.

Suburban
11-13-2011, 11:31
Don't assume that just because something is on the DSA website that it's in stock.

I ordered some FAL magazines and a MIAD grip. The magazines came after a couple of weeks, but several months went by without the grip kit coming. After 3 or 4 months with no communications from DSA, I figured they canceled the order for the grip and bought another, but then like 5 months after placing the order I get a little box from UPS with the MIAD. I wouldn't order from them again if I could avoid it.

ghostman1960
11-13-2011, 12:26
DSA customer service sucks.

cciman
11-13-2011, 12:32
I got mine within a week of ordering, earlier this month. Mine is a Middy

Went to the range yesterday and it works great-- Nice functioning weapon with nitrided barrel.

I had to buy a charging handle, and a quadrail. Put on a rear sight.

Hint: buy their DSA NP3 coated charging handle as you are placing the order for the upper, to save on shipping.

I bought the same charge handle separately after getting the upper-- it is a nice piece.

BTW: I put this on top of a plumcrazy lower. So my entire AR (before the quadrail and rear sight) was close to $500. The next best deal out there is PSA $599 full AR, but that is carbine length.

Cole125
11-13-2011, 15:26
Man just get the PSA upper you said you were in the other thread!

I cannot comment on DSA, but don't just buy something because its cheap.

cciman
11-13-2011, 17:33
:wow:
They are all the same!! They are all put together with sourced parts. Get the best deal you can get.

The Ar upper is a simple device with very few parts. The Barrel and the BCG is the heart of the device, the rest you are paying for branding.

As a recreational shooter, I have no interest in paying 3x what I did in order to name tags I don't need.