tuning brass ejection [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : tuning brass ejection

Maine1
11-13-2011, 18:28
This is me getting pretty picky, but...

I run my G-20 with a captured 22# sping and LW barrel. I'd liem to be able to find all/most of my brass. This combo will fling brass i don't know how far.
On FALs and other weapons its possible to tune the ejection to help the weapon eject wiht less damge to the brass.

Anyone tried this with the g-20? the ejector is a stamped part, and i was thinking that a slight change in the angle might let the bass come out at a lower angle, resulting in better recovery.

_The_Shadow
11-13-2011, 19:28
Best I think you can do is shorten the ejector by 0.010" as not to kick it quite as hard, I have read where some have taken 0.020" off of the 1911 types.

Anywat the ejector is an easy pert to replace if issues arise! Good luck!

leadslinger13
11-13-2011, 22:45
i have been contemplating the same thing. It sure is a pain to try to find at the range. still i have been using one of those hand held brass catchers. it seems to catch all the brass and if one or two fall out then they are by my side. Now it would be a different story if i were shooting dynamically then the brass would most likely be lost for ever.

Anyway keep us posted.

Maine1
11-13-2011, 22:49
I'll give it a try, and see how it goes. i'd like to have at least a predictable pattern to use while tracking down brass. with my 200 gr loads the brass is hard to find.