Glock Armorer help needed [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock Armorer help needed

greco2009
11-13-2011, 20:11
I called Glock about my G17 and G19. Both are not in the system as having had the updated parts installed in them... and I would like to put the updated parts in them. They won't send me the parts to install (CYA no doubt). Only to a Glock certified armorer. I know its an easy switch of parts. I used to work for Jerry Moran doing Python, S&W, and 1911 tuning, so this is not difficult. Anyone in my area can help, have a solution, suggestion, etc...I'm by Flint, MI, one hour north of Detroit.

I don't want to spend the $150.00+ to ship them to Glock...

thank you
nitsos@juno.com

G36shooter
11-16-2011, 15:54
I called Glock about my G17 and G19. Both are not in the system as having had the updated parts installed in them... and I would like to put the updated parts in them. They won't send me the parts to install (CYA no doubt). Only to a Glock certified armorer. I know its an easy switch of parts. I used to work for Jerry Moran doing Python, S&W, and 1911 tuning, so this is not difficult. Anyone in my area can help, have a solution, suggestion, etc...I'm by Flint, MI, one hour north of Detroit.

I don't want to spend the $150.00+ to ship them to Glock...

thank you
nitsos@juno.com
I am also looking for an armorer to do the updates on my 1994 G 19, I am in the Lansing MI area, thanks gregnpatty@hotmail.com

cciman
11-16-2011, 20:12
What updates are you talking about?

The only real update is the LCI extractor (loaded chamber indicator), which is of minimal value at best because it is very subtle and not reliable in my opinion. Depending on the slide, which may need to be milled to accept the LCI, this may be best done by Glock. This is purely elective.

If you have an older than gen 3 gun, you will also have a 2 pin frame system, and older locking block. Glock will not change out your frame for free. But you should just shoot the gun until the frame breaks (thousands of dollars in ammo needed to do this), then they will replace the broken frame for free.

The other stuff, like maintenance replacement (springs) parts can be done by you, if you learn how to fully strip the Glock (youtube, google, 25 cent trigger job, etc.). It is very easy.

greco2009
11-16-2011, 20:22
According to the gunsmith at glock, there is a change in the firing pin, ejector, and some other parts (six or seven parts I think). Mine are both Gen2. They said they would send me the parts for the Gen2's or I could send the guns.

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/upgrade-faq.html

user1
11-17-2011, 10:53
According to the gunsmith at glock, there is a change in the firing pin, ejector, and some other parts (six or seven parts I think). Mine are both Gen2. They said they would send me the parts for the Gen2's or I could send the guns.

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/upgrade-faq.html

Re: Armorer Help - looks like U-R good 2 go...

greco2009
11-17-2011, 10:56
Correction... I could send them the guns, or I could give them the name of a Glock Armorer to send them to... they won't send them to me. Thats why I need the help.. Sorry, I should be more clear..

Goodspeed(TPF)
11-17-2011, 11:50
I'm in Milwaukee. Come on over and visit. :wavey:

G36shooter
11-17-2011, 15:27
Checked out thegunzone.com re: the glock updates, very good site, there is a comparison showing the updated parts, did a detail strip of my July 1994 G19, all my parts are the updated ones, thanks for all the help.

greco2009
11-17-2011, 16:48
G36, I'm glad to see you are all set. By the way, G36, my daughter is going to school down in your neck of the woods. Shes a Junior at State.

I guess I'll have to drive down to Georgia and wait while they update it. It can't be much more than driving to Milwaukee (kidding of course).

cciman
11-18-2011, 16:44
The beauty of the Glock design is the simplicity, and user friendliness.

Any idiot can detail strip it and replace the stock parts. You will appreciate your weapon more.

Just encouraging you. It is very easy to do. Do some homework, order the parts delivered to your home, shorter than a drive to Michigan.

C J
11-18-2011, 18:33
Man it's easy. Obviously we all ended up here for the same reason. Glock is simple. There's so many vids on YouTube. Or you could just buy "Making Your Glock Rock" from Glockstore. It's narrated and instructed by Lenny Magill. Like the guy or not, he's cool and he's making a butt-load of money. I watched the video once before I ordered all my parts. Then I put it on again after. By the time I got to any part pertaining to what I was changing, I was already done! Good luck. Have fun!

greco2009
11-19-2011, 07:10
Yes, I know it is easy. Yes, much easier than tuning revolvers or 1911,s, which I used to do for a living... what I was getting at was that I have 2 Glocks that need parts I can get for free from Glock. I can install them all in less than an hour. I just need someone to help me get the parts. especially if they are in my area. I will even give them the guns to install the parts into if they want to. I don't want to pay for the parts if they are free. But I don't want to pay $150 to send the guns to get less than $100 worth of parts. I guess since no help is forthcoming I will go to Glock next time I am going thru Georgia on the way to Florida.

Thank you.

Wash-ar15
11-20-2011, 09:37
Detroit to Ga should cost about 80 bucks to send both Glocks back to service. If you can find an FFL that will ship it for you, they can send it in a USPS flat rate box for a lot less.

greco2009
11-20-2011, 12:10
Wash-Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, the dealers around here are not that friendly. They would be wasting their valuable time to do it, rather than making a sale... (unless I make it plenty worth their time). I have asked them all. oh well...:dunno:

Wash-ar15
11-20-2011, 12:26
Not sure where you got 150 from. i checked fedex and overnight from Flint to Smyrna was 70 dollar. If your guns are old, they will most likely replace everything except the frame,barrel and slide.

Yuo can send it and they will send it back to you direct.

Also, Glock armorers,depending on the person, its not uncommon for them to charge you to replace stuff.

When i sent my gun 19 and 21 for upgrades, they replaced everything except the 3 items i listed above.

cciman
11-20-2011, 13:05
Ah, you want FREE. Unless you are at a GSSF match, no one will do it for free.

Buy the parts and do it yourself or send to Glock - do the math. Cheaper than driving for some free parts (time+gas).

Have you called Glock and asked how to ship it to them? I have sent 3 Glocks back for service, and never have I paid that much.

Wash-Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, the dealers around here are not that friendly. They would be wasting their valuable time to do it, rather than making a sale... (unless I make it plenty worth their time). I have asked them all. oh well...:dunno:

greco2009
11-20-2011, 15:25
Thank you for the responses fellas. I will call Glock again and go from there. The reason I said $150+ was because I had to send a gun to Colt last year, and it was $88 from here to there by UPS. Now times 2, and you see where it goes. Anyway, I'll carry on.

The reason I am not crazy about buying the parts is because if there is a known problem with your car, you are notified, the vehicle is called in, and you DON'T have to pay for the parts. This is no different, it is not a cosmetic upgrade.

I have to go thru Georgia a couple of times a year, thats why I said I might go there to have it done.

Thanks.:supergrin: