EOTech 511 cowitness question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : EOTech 511 cowitness question

QNman
11-13-2011, 19:39
I have a Spikes rifle with a 14.5 and fixed vortex, with the proper F-stamped FSB, a Magpul MBUS rear, and an EOTech 511. In trying to co-witness, I find the properly adjusted EOTech too low on the front post to properly co-witness. The damn front sight is blocking the target unless I adjust my cheek weld up higher than normal. Will a cheek riser adjust this, or am I just set up wrong?

Cole125
11-13-2011, 20:34
Look into the LaRue Tactical EOTech mount. Brings it up to a lower 1/3 co-witness.

QNman
11-13-2011, 20:52
Look into the LaRue Tactical EOTech mount. Brings it up to a lower 1/3 co-witness.

Thanks. I wondered if one of the lever mounts changed the height at all.

MrMurphy
11-13-2011, 22:53
The LT110 mount will give you a lower 1/3 cowitness.

That said the 511 is a battery hog. Get rid of it if you can.

MARSH1
11-14-2011, 13:38
I have a Spikes rifle with a 14.5 and fixed vortex, with the proper F-stamped FSB, a Magpul MBUS rear, and an EOTech 511. In trying to co-witness, I find the properly adjusted EOTech too low on the front post to properly co-witness. The damn front sight is blocking the target unless I adjust my cheek weld up higher than normal. Will a cheek riser adjust this, or am I just set up wrong?

If you are looking thorough the irons and they are zeroed to the same distance at the EOTech the dot should be on top of the front post. Are you talking about when you are not using the irons the front post gets in the way?

Marshall

QNman
11-14-2011, 18:12
If you are looking thorough the irons and they are zeroed to the same distance at the EOTech the dot should be on top of the front post. Are you talking about when you are not using the irons the front post gets in the way?

Marshall

Yes. That's it exactly.

MARSH1
11-14-2011, 18:39
Yes. That's it exactly.

A riser can help. This one will do the job.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Yankee_Hill_Machine_EOTech_CoWitness_Riser_M_p/yhm-220.htm

QNman
11-14-2011, 18:49
The a riser can help. This one will do the job.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Yankee_Hill_Machine_EOTech_CoWitness_Riser_M_p/yhm-220.htm

Ordered! Thanks! And to think, I was sheepish about asking what felt like a stupid question!