Goodbye Glock 20 Beast [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Glock 20 Beast

inspectorjj
11-14-2011, 14:11
Hey gang, times have gotten tough. I have decided to sell my Glock 20 beast. Let me know what you guys think I should ask for it based on the information below:

Gen 3 Glock 20 w/box,test casings,cleaning brush, etc.<700 rounds - $570
(+ original barrel, guiderod spring, slide stop. etc.)
Lone Wolf standard barrel with target crown - $109
Lone Wolf 6" barrel 4 external ports - $124
Cold Bore Customs Grip reduction and trigger undercut - $145
Mepro adjustable night sites - $120
Titanium safety plunger $30
Stainless guiderod and 22 lb. spring - $49
Extended slide stop - $19
Extra 10 rnd. mag (3 total) - $26

Your realistic thoughts will be appreciated.

G29SF
11-14-2011, 14:24
That sucks. Sorry you have to sell. Hope things improve before you have to go through with the sell.

Like most things, you probably will make more money (or rather lessen the loss) if you sell some of those things separately.

From a buyers standpoint, if everything on your list is available new, you probably wont get anywhere near close to retail. I'm not good at pricing used firearms though...

arushus
11-14-2011, 15:29
I like g29's idea. Return the gun to stock and sell it. Then sell off the extra parts as best you can on here. Maybe throw in one or two with the gun to sweeten up the deal for a potential buyer...

21Carrier
11-14-2011, 15:34
Sorry, JJ. I know you hate to part with it. Things will get better, and I'm sure you will own another soon. I agree that you should return it to stock (if you still have the stock parts), and part it out. Another option would be to sell just the gun, and keep the aftermarket parts (if that would even help). You could save them for the next gun. Hopefully, the grip reduction won't kill the resale value. I would try to sell it on the internet where you will have the largest amount of views, and hopefully find someone that knows how good Cold Bore's work is. Surely someone will appreciate a G20 with a grip reduction. Good luck.

Reboot
11-14-2011, 15:35
I agree with selling all of the non-stock parts off separately. If you do I'd be interested in buying your LWD standard barrel. Just PM me your asking price.

"If I were in your place" I would probably list the G20 with standard parts with grip reduction and trigger undercut (since you can't separate them) for $550 - $600 OBO. Let your buyers negotiate with you from there. Then sell off all of your other parts since more than likely someone will want them.

I'd say you'd still have to somewhat discount the used parts as well because people will otherwise just go buy new. I would think it has to be worth it to buy used so pricing must reflect that.

IF you weren't in any bind and had all the time in the world then just post it for whatever price you want and wait for that 1 highest bidder.

Good luck and I hope you get past the tough times quickly.

attrapereves
11-14-2011, 16:08
Definitely sell all of the accessories separately. However, I think you are asking a bit too much for the pistol. I believe you can get a brand new G20 from Buds for around $540. The last few used G20s I've seen usually sell for around $500. Just something to consider.

Good luck with the sale :cool:

oceanbob
11-14-2011, 16:23
Tough times never last; tough people do.

I wish you well my friend....:supergrin:

Bob

TreyG-20
11-14-2011, 16:28
I'll take that six inch barrel off you. Pm me if you want to do it

inspectorjj
11-14-2011, 17:33

Bob

LOL Bob, Do you mean tough enough to take 7-11s?

I'll take that six inch barrel off you. Pm me if you want to do it

I'll send you a PM.

One bit of information that I didn't give. Since I'm hurting, my asking price for the whole "kit and kaboodle" was $800 or best offer.

inspectorjj
11-14-2011, 17:34
Incidentally Bob, I will listed on Calguns today once I get photos taken.

Reboot
11-14-2011, 18:09
$800 sounds like a fair price for the entire package. It might be harder to find someone to snap all of it up at once though. But you might get lucky.

I've had great experiences selling guns & parts on calguns too.

Burien
11-15-2011, 17:12
location?

nickE10mm
11-15-2011, 18:00
Hey gang, times have gotten tough. I have decided to sell my Glock 20 beast. Let me know what you guys think I should ask for it based on the information below:

Yea, sorry to have to sell. I might snap up one of your barrels from ya if the price is right. Let me know via PM if you have problems parting with it.

inspectorjj
11-15-2011, 19:52
location?

Sunny Los Angeles

CanyonMan
11-15-2011, 20:35

$800.00 to start, and NOT a cent below $700.00 amigo. That would be some loss, but a very easy sell.

You just got to forget about these particular items:

I counted the barrels in the deal though...

I drove in to Dallas to a gun show a few weeks ago with a G30 I paid 500.00 for new, and a new OEM barrel (i had bought new at one time from Glock 148.00). Walking the isle looking at other things I had several nibbles, and then the 'bite, and the hook was set.' Sold it all to a guy for $ 600.00. Lost $ 48.00.

There is "ALWAYS," some one who will want what you got bad enough, and has the itch and the money. Being honest in your dealings, and point out ALL the stuff you have in the gun (copied out on paper), and telling him "man, i do need to sell it, so I knocked off all these items here, so your getting a heck of a deal," etc etc... And the truth is. They are ! Your not ripping off any one at this price.

You are taking a small hit, but the items in "blue i listed here," forget those my friend." But I surely would charge for the barrels as per what would be my starting price of 800.00.

Man point out that that a NIB will cost them "out the door," 600.00 to 650.00 (at least in TX they will even at a gun show, so look what all your getting here sir for 800.00 bucks ! Well I don't need all those barrels man,' the guy says, 'but I would buy just the gun from ya.' Ok, you can have the gun alone for 650.00, then come down to 600.00. You can sell those barrels to some GT guys more than likely, and recoupe some $$$ back.

Just some thoughts for ya, all meant as suggestions amigo. I been there and done that many times. Selling guns ain't that much different from selling livestock, cattle and horses. You present what ya got, and some one some where on the planet will be the guy who wants it, and "at your price." ;)

Hang in there, and I pray times get better for ya. I know it is a bummer, but remember man, it is just a hunk of plastic and steel, and you will get it all back again some day. ;)

Best to ya amigo.

CM

post-apocalyptic
11-15-2011, 20:58
It always sucks to have to sell a gun. I guess I've been fortunate, since I've only done so to raise money to buy a different gun.

Anyway, I agree with the others' advice to return the pistol to stock and sell the aftermarket parts seperately... especially since you've had a grip reduction done, and a brand new G20-SF goes for ~$550.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

blastfact
11-15-2011, 21:02
I would sell this before my 20. And all it's old S&W Blue Box Ammo. Every time I take it to the range folks start reaching in there pockets to try to get it when I start touching off very hot .357's and taking out bull.
http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/638/medium/6867.jpg
My 20 and CZ-52 are my war arms. Don't need my AK or other long guns if I have these.

I hope stuff gets better for you soon. And to think I almost quit my job of darn near 12 years today over a brown nosing witch and the constant Chinese fire drill that happens every day. I'm sick of kissing ass like fags in a bath house!

I would dump my M&P .45 before the 20
http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/638/medium/mpr630.jpg
And I like this pistol!

If you have to sell your 20. I would target your shooting market for the pistol. I myself would not part it out. Present as is to folks that know the shooter and have seen the mods and take from there.

If you bought the pistol right and paid for and have doc's to support the mods it will sell in our culture private. I get offers everytime I shoot anything I own at my local range. Even the pawn shp creeps have figured out my stuff rocks!

Good Luck and my thoughts are with you.

inspectorjj
11-15-2011, 21:28
Thanks for the thoughts gang.

blastfact
11-15-2011, 21:36
My heart hurts for you inspector........ :( Not the 20. You have to have something else?

blastfact
11-15-2011, 21:50
Sunny Los Angeles

I would not give up one gun to stay in the LA area. Not one Oz of steel or plastic!

I lived in the OC years ago in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach. When it looked liked it was going to cost me 1 cent more than my time was worth. I sold out and came back to Arkansas and thus Oklahoma.

I would not sell any gun to stay in LA. I would take this as a time of awareness and run!

Bless Your Heart..... RUN!!!!! NOW!!!!!!

inspectorjj
11-15-2011, 21:52
My heart hurts for you inspector........ :( Not the 20. You have to have something else?

LOL...yea, I have something else. A Savage 111 25.06. The Glock is my only pistol.:crying: It is time to break out the "Jackie Robinson" 35 incher and hope for the best until March. I have funds coming in at that time and I will be back. It's really not all that bad. It is just a small part of a unique life. Growing up in Cajun country, I remember one year I got a box with a hole in it for Christmas. My parents told me the toy must have gotten away. I believed them. If you don't have bad times in life, you will never know how to fully appreciate the good times.

blastfact
11-15-2011, 22:11
Rock n Coon Ass!!!! Wish I was born south of I-10 instead of Barksdale AFB. Was a yougin when US, Russia and Cuba was a history maker.

SolidBrass
11-15-2011, 22:45
I too am looking to sell my .45acp G21. She's so smooth. Keeping the 10mm but I will not take an undervalued deal so we will see what happens.

"You either think you can, or think you can't. Either way you're right." - somebody said that.

gatorboy
11-16-2011, 09:09
See if someone will trade you a stock Glock + $400 or just sell the aftermarket parts and keep your 20. You need a pistol. You live in Los Angeles, you need a pistol.

arushus
11-16-2011, 11:49
I too am looking to sell my .45acp G21. She's so smooth. Keeping the 10mm but I will not take an undervalued deal so we will see what happens.

"You either think you can, or think you can't. Either way you're right." - somebody said that.

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right!" - Henry Ford

BIGBOY61
11-16-2011, 21:28
JJ,

I know you put a lot into your little beast. I hate to have you sell it, but we all understand that.

My thoughts are with you buddy!

inspectorjj
11-16-2011, 21:35
JJ,

I know you put a lot into your little beast. I hate to have you sell it, but we all understand that.

My thoughts are with you buddy!

I'm trying to do everything that I can not to sell it. I have a offer on the 6" barrel, so if I can sell some of the after market stuff, maybe I can keep the gun. I haven't had anybody interested on a complete package yet on Calguns.

Reboot
11-17-2011, 04:43
I checked out your G20 on Calguns and the job done by Cold Bore looks great. I'm surprised you haven't sold it already. I hope things turn around and you don't have to sell it.

SolidBrass
11-17-2011, 18:35
I would be interested in the "Lone Wolf standard barrel with target crown". As well as your extra magazines.

What is a 'target crown' anyway?

inspectorjj
11-17-2011, 19:13
I would be interested in the "Lone Wolf standard barrel with target crown". As well as your extra magazines.

What is a 'target crown' anyway?

That barrel is going to REBOOT.

I went to get the tactical length barrel cut down to a standard barrel and the guy at J&G Gunsmithing says "Fer an extry 20 bucks, I can put a target crown in 'er fer ya". I says, " OK, let's go whole hog on dis' operation.

SolidBrass
11-17-2011, 20:26
That barrel is going to REBOOT.

I went to get the tactical length barrel cut down to a standard barrel and the guy at J&G Gunsmithing says "Fer an extry 20 bucks, I can put a target crown in 'er fer ya". I says, " OK, let's go whole hog on dis' operation.

That's to funny, and redneck/cowtalk is nothing new to my in Wyoming either. My gun dealler is mostly deaf so i have to YELL my orders or questions. It's fun to have a casual conversation when you are speaking at near max volume. "YEP, DEER CREEK IS TRACKED UP PRETTY GOOD"

What you got left?

inspectorjj
11-17-2011, 20:34
That's to funny, and redneck/cowtalk is nothing new to my in Wyoming either. My gun dealler is mostly deaf so i have to YELL my orders or questions. It's fun to have a casual conversation when you are speaking at near max volume. "YEP, DEER CREEK IS TRACKED UP PRETTY GOOD"

What you got left?

I got a 6" ported barrel that I paid $124 for and then an additional $69 for the custom porting. See stock photo.

SolidBrass
11-17-2011, 20:59
I got a 6" ported barrel that I paid $124 for and then an additional $69 for the custom porting. See stock photo.

Not to get off topic, but. I'm still a newbie and don't understand the ported barrel benefit. A bit more controlable, sure but is it worth all the extra flash? Stock recoil doesn't bother me at all. This one is longer than stock, so the porting doesn't allow the extra length to produce more speed. (am I right?) But it does allow for a more accurate round.(?)

inspectorjj
11-17-2011, 21:19
Not to get off topic, but. I'm still a newbie and don't understand the ported barrel benefit. A bit more controlable, sure but is it worth all the extra flash? Stock recoil doesn't bother me at all. This one is longer than stock, so the porting doesn't allow the extra length to produce more speed. (am I right?) But it does allow for a more accurate round.(?)

You are correct. It is more accurate, but, if you had to shoot close up, you might get dirt in your eyes from the discharge. Like everything in life, there are pros and cons. My special use for that barrel was for hunting purposes. The ports allowed me to shoot the hot loads such as Swamp Fox 200gr. @ 1325 fps controlled expansion for hunting which is not meant for a 6" barrel. The ports were a "tradeoff' for power. The shorter stock length barrel allowed me to shoot the Swamp Fox 135 gr. Noslers HP @ 1700 fps for home protection. Now you know, I'm a power freak. As far as the flash goes, I never had a problem with it. I like the bite better than the bark. Some of the guys on here reload with "Blue Dot" that looks cool and makes one helluva flash. I can definitely see why they would not want a ported barrel. Bam - one shot and your night blind!

socal147
11-27-2011, 20:09
Sorry you need to sell. Always Hurts. This is Patrick (socal147) The guy looking to buy it from you......need to think a little bit. I have only handled stock Glocks.

inspectorjj
11-27-2011, 20:11
Sorry you need to sell. Always Hurts. This is Patrick (socal147) The guy looking to buy it from you......need to think a little bit. I have only handled stock Glocks.

Here is the grip reduction thread.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1371499

21Carrier
11-27-2011, 21:35

All that stuff is not necessarily true. First of all, my shooting buddy has a G20 and 5.47" 2-port LWD barrel. I shoot that gun a bit, and watch him shoot it a lot. It has no visible flash, and gains a LOT of velocity over the factory 4.6" barrel. So, even a ported 6" would gain a lot of velocity. It won't be as much as a non-ported 6", but you will see large gains. You might see flash with heavy loads with flashy powders (Blue Dot and Power Pistol come to mind), but the longer barrels really cut down on flash to begin with.

cowboywannabe
11-27-2011, 21:44
ive often toyed with the idea of trading my G20 and G29 and my stash of 10mm ammo for a G21 and G30........same holsters for both, i dont handgun hunt, and .45acp is easier to obtain.........of course id still keep my Colt Delta Elite first edition stainless....

ModGlock17
11-28-2011, 13:32
JJ,

There's no one to run SwampFox right now. Hint Hint.

And I would guess his family may not miss much of those hardware.

inspectorjj
11-28-2011, 13:51
JJ,

There's no one to run SwampFox right now. Hint Hint.

And I would guess his family may not miss much of those hardware.

That is too funny, even though interesting. I was able to solve a few issues. I have one guy that might buy my beast. If he doesn't, I have decided to keep it. I just won't be able to shoot very much for awhile.

cowboywannabe
11-28-2011, 15:25
That is too funny, even though interesting. I was able to solve a few issues. I have one guy that might buy my beast. If he doesn't, I have decided to keep it. I just won't be able to shoot very much for awhile.

Underwood Ammo is a new kid on the block with affordable full power (not nuclear) 10mm ammo.

inspectorjj
11-28-2011, 22:21
HELLO GLOCK 20 BEAST!

With help from a new great friend (I met here) and a slight change in my luck, my Glock 20 is no longer for sale. I probably won't make any trips to the range for at least a month or so, but I have enough to get a little ammo from Mr. Underwood to zap any zombie wannabes that might want to disturb mine or my family's existence during this time.

(Thanks Aleks)

nickE10mm
11-29-2011, 06:24
Congrats, inspector!

SolidBrass
11-29-2011, 18:47
HELLO GLOCK 20 BEAST!

With help from a new great friend (I met here) and a slight change in my luck, my Glock 20 is no longer for sale. I probably won't make any trips to the range for at least a month or so, but I have enough to get a little ammo from Mr. Underwood to zap any zombie wannabes that might want to disturb mine or my family's existence during this time.

(Thanks Aleks)

Great news. All hail Kevin Underwood!

Taterhead
11-29-2011, 18:56
ive often toyed with the idea of trading my G20 and G29 and my stash of 10mm ammo for a G21 and G30........same holsters for both, i dont handgun hunt, and .45acp is easier to obtain.........of course id still keep my Colt Delta Elite first edition stainless....

Toying with such heresy is a good way to land in the 10-Ring dungeon along with Samurai Rabbi! Tread carefully, my friend. Tread carefully, indeed.

arushus
11-29-2011, 19:38
Toying with such heresy is a good way to land in the 10-Ring dungeon along with Samurai Rabbi! Tread carefully, my friend. Tread carefully, indeed.

I gotta agree with taterhead here, though conspiracy to commit 10mm treason carries a slightly less destructive punishment than actually committing 10mm treason, you still dont wanna go there...

SolidBrass
11-29-2011, 20:10
I gotta agree with taterhead here, though conspiracy to commit 10mm treason carries a slightly less destructive punishment than actually committing 10mm treason, you still dont wanna go there...

Haha :rofl:you two kill me (not literally of couse lets hope).. and good points!

My 10mm ranks equal my dog as prized companions. Sadly the dog's got a lot more years on 'em. And since MY dog only increases the likelihood of me being eaten by a bear in the outback, they go well together.

BTW since the OP's initial thread you could see him weakening with every update... (he just couldn't do it)

Taterhead
11-29-2011, 21:56
Glad it worked out Inspector. It is amazing how life gives you the downs and ups.

Reboot
11-29-2011, 22:53
I'm glad your luck turned around a bit and you get to keep your G20 Beast. After seeing how much work you have in it I'd say it's worth saving. Whoo hoo!

fdesalvo
12-07-2011, 16:04
I'd love to help you out. I'm from Looziane, myself and just moved from Los Angeles to OC. I'll PM you.

Frank

LOL...yea, I have something else. A Savage 111 25.06. The Glock is my only pistol.:crying: It is time to break out the "Jackie Robinson" 35 incher and hope for the best until March. I have funds coming in at that time and I will be back. It's really not all that bad. It is just a small part of a unique life. Growing up in Cajun country, I remember one year I got a box with a hole in it for Christmas. My parents told me the toy must have gotten away. I believed them. If you don't have bad times in life, you will never know how to fully appreciate the good times.

inspectorjj
12-07-2011, 22:15
I'd love to help you out. I'm from Looziane, myself and just moved from Los Angeles to OC. I'll PM you.

Frank

Thank you very much for the PM fdesalvo.

inspectorjj
03-15-2012, 20:31
I have come upon good times again. I got a ton back from the IRS and bought a lovely little Glock 29 plus stocked up on some Underwood Ammo. This brings me to my next deal. Since I don't shoot as much as you guys and I love the G29 so much, I have no more need for my Custom G20. I will give a discount to anyone interested from this site but at this price I don't expect it to last long.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=547942

whiskey rebel1
03-21-2012, 14:11

Bob

Like that quote! Will have to borrow that.

bac1023
03-26-2012, 20:23
Definitely sell some of that stuff separately.

inspectorjj
03-27-2012, 17:56
Definitely sell some of that stuff separately.

Done did. All gone.

lpearson
03-11-2013, 19:56
I am Looking for a Glock 20 10mm. I am willing to pay $450 for a used one. I live in Texas if anyone has one for sale.
Thanks Everyone.

lpearson
03-11-2013, 20:07
Would You be willing to Part with Your Glock 20?

Opie 1 Kenopie
03-11-2013, 23:34
I think JJ sold his stuff a year ago and decided to keep his G20. Try the Glock Talk classified section.

inspectorjj
03-23-2013, 20:58
True Opie, I sold the G20 long ago. I still have the G29 and will never sell it.