Insuring your AR's... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Insuring your AR's...

MStarmer
11-14-2011, 16:13
So looking at my homeowners policy it appears I can't cover the full amount of my latest completed project without another rider policy. So where does everyone insure their high dollar AR toys? Looking at the pics of the multiple Noveske's and SBR's I can't be the only one worried about my investment.

Ljunatic
11-14-2011, 18:45
I combine NRA member coverage and a Homeowners rider to cover most of my firearms.

I do not schedule the AR's separately so as not to alarm my agents or my wife unnecessarily:whistling:

QNman
11-14-2011, 18:56
Is your wife an NRA member too?

I also do not send a specific list to my insurer. I keep a log of my firearms, including serials and photos, in a Safe deposit box (though it is currently in need of update).

Ljunatic
11-14-2011, 21:12
No my wife is a not NRA at this time, nor does she know how many AR15's I own

QNman
11-14-2011, 21:16
No my wife is a not NRA at this time, nor does she know how many AR15's I own

:rofl:

Wife gets the same insurance as you do.

jellis11
11-14-2011, 21:28
nor does she know how many AR15's I own

hehe I get away with my habit because "they all look the same to me". :supergrin:

JBaird22
11-14-2011, 23:46
I also exploit, er, employ the "they all look the same to me" tactic. Although since I have since started duracoating them in different camo patterns, they no longer all look the same.

whitebread
11-17-2011, 06:23
hehe I get away with my habit because "they all look the same to me". :supergrin:

I wish I could get away with this...mine shoots them almost as much as I do. I can't even put a new grip on without her noticing. Consider yourself lucky!

pag23
11-17-2011, 16:23
The best thing you need to do is have sufficient documentation in case of a loss. But if your HO policy only covers $XXXX you are bound by the terms and conditions of the policy without an endorsement for extra coverage.

I recommend getting the coverage to protect your investment... what is the lack of coverage worth to you?