Spirit Gun Manufacturing ARs [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Spirit Gun Manufacturing ARs

11-14-2011, 19:42
Never heard of them. Anyone knows anything about this company's ARs? Not much showing up in terms of search. CDNN latest catalog has a bunch of them ARs in different configurations. All look to be high quality. But, who knows?:dunno:

jwhite75
11-14-2011, 19:54
Several of them use Noveske components...I was wondering the same thing you are.

boomhower
11-15-2011, 08:43
What about them has you so interested? With the abundance of quality low priced AR manufacturers out there why chance it with an unknown?

M&P Shooter
11-15-2011, 09:12
Spike's for the money:cool:

11-15-2011, 09:17
What about them has you so interested? With the abundance of quality low priced AR manufacturers out there why chance it with an unknown?
I know about the abundance of quality AR manufacturers out there, thank you very much. I have a couple of quality ARs laying around here somewhere.

Got the CDNN catalog, see a whole bunch of them SGM ARs popping out from nowhere, so it's good to ask for info. If someone knows they are bad or good, it's good to spread the knowledge around. Do you have any info on them?
PSA and Spike's used to be some unknown AR makers, too, you know.

IGotIt
11-15-2011, 09:28
Wow, 5 posts and no one has yet to suggest to save your money and buy from the top tier otherwise you and your loved ones will perish because of a cheap, ineffective weapon. I know it will be coming soon though.

M&P Shooter
11-15-2011, 09:32
All I could find:dunno:

http://www.shootingillustrated.com/index.php/8488/spirit-gun-manufacturing-sgm-a41/

http://www.ar15armory.com/forums/Spirit-Gun-Manufacturing-t111870.html

11-15-2011, 10:16
^^^^ One of them was my thread, asking the same thing.:supergrin:

Eurodriver
11-15-2011, 10:18
12131, don't listen to these guys they really have no idea what they're talking about.

SGM uses high quality, sometimes the best, parts in the business to create custom rifles. Noveske barrels, DD rails, VLTOR MUR receivers, etc.

But you pay for that.

I would much rather buy all the parts and assemble it myself, saving $500 or more in the process. Or pay ADCO the $80 to assemble the upper and lower if you don't feel like doing it yourself.

BlackPaladin
11-15-2011, 10:29
Really, with the current market, if you manufacture poor quality merchandise, you are out the door. With that being said, they can't be too bad if their doors are open. Rumor holds it that they might be floating around shot in 2 months, I will look them up if so.

cciman
11-15-2011, 17:32
Lotsa brand names constantly being thrown around. My brand kungfu is better than yours, and worth more because it is well known. Internet commandos love to brag what they might own.

These standardized parts are metal, all outsourced, assembled, and all stamped with someone's brand on it. The truth in quality control of one brand or model vs. another, no one can verify, nor substantiate. There are no objective measures being touted, just words like "properly staked", "chrome lined", MPI. Yes, you can argue tolerances, but tighter tolerances mean picky rifle.

Spend what you are comfortable with, based on what/how you will be killing, be happy. If you want top tier, spend top tier.

Low priced kills very well too.

Eurodriver
11-15-2011, 18:13
Lotsa brand names constantly being thrown around. My brand kungfu is better than yours, and worth more because it is well known. Internet commandos love to brag what they might own.

These standardized parts are metal, all outsourced, assembled, and all stamped with someone's brand on it. The truth in quality control of one brand or model vs. another, no one can verify, nor substantiate. There are no objective measures being touted, just words like "properly staked", "chrome lined", MPI. Yes, you can argue tolerances, but tighter tolerances mean picky rifle.

Spend what you are comfortable with, based on what/how you will be killing, be happy. If you want top tier, spend top tier.

Low priced kills very well too.

This is the biggest load of horse**** I have ever read, and thats saying alot.

To say that Noveske's quality control level is outsourced so that its quality must be on par with DPMS is like saying no one can substantiate that a Mercedes is better than a Hyundai because the parts for both cars come from overseas.

smokin762
11-15-2011, 18:40
Never heard of them. Anyone knows anything about this company's ARs? Not much showing up in terms of search. CDNN latest catalog has a bunch of them ARs in different configurations. All look to be high quality. But, who knows?:dunno:

Never mind. For some reason I thought you were refering to American Spirit Arms.