Fun times in Fla. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fun times in Fla.

CAcop
11-14-2011, 20:53
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/lauderhill-cop-emptied-gun-at-colleague-an-ex-1967527.html

What a steaming pile of poo.

KiloBravo
11-14-2011, 20:59
Sounds like he was packing a Glock 27.

On another note, WTF is wrong with people? I guess this department does not do very extensive background checks or psych evaluations. It is a shame that somebody who gets trusted with such a great deal of authority so easily blows his top. I am happy to hear the female officer survived. Get this sicko off of the street and keep him there.

ateamer
11-14-2011, 21:12
Send him to prison. Forever.

packsaddle
11-14-2011, 22:34
single dad?

well, he's still single, but the dad part is gone.

i feel bad for the poor kid.

idiot ruined all kinds of lives that night.

prayers for all the innocent victims.

hope mr. selfish spends the rest of his life behind bars.

hope he finds Jesus too.

South Fla
11-15-2011, 00:01
I guess this department does not do very extensive background checks or psych evaluations.

The answer is........

He is the son of a retired police officer in the area.

Those two cities are about 12 miles apart.

But I bet he passed his physical agility test every year though. Seems like administrators care more about the PAT than the psych or the backgrounds these days.

CarloTwoGuns
11-15-2011, 00:24
A woman can make a sane man crazy.

Still a POS though

Bruce M
11-15-2011, 06:43
I'd bet some FHP and MPD adminstrators are mighty glad that the above one and this one have been in the news recently http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2011-11-14/news/fl-bso-deputy-arrested-20111114_1_bso-deputy-girlfriend-judge-john-jay-hurley

Panzergrenadier1979
11-15-2011, 07:37
****** bag.

Question for COs: How do the fine folks in general population view former cops who were convicted of attempted murder of a cop? Are they the scum of the earth, a hero, or does it just even itself out?

On a brighter note; for those looking to get hired it appears Lauderhill PD will have at least one open slot. :whistling:

DaBigBR
11-15-2011, 08:07
I guess this department does not do very extensive background checks or psych evaluations.

Maybe they did an extremely thorough psych and background...there's no magic test that detects these folks, and it's worth pointing out that he had been on for five years, so you may be looking at something of a cumulative effect. I'm not at all excusing or justifying it, but to assume that this would have been obviously foreseeable to the department during the application process is foolish.

MeefZah
11-15-2011, 08:42
D-bag.

A6Gator
11-15-2011, 08:53
After the shooting, the shaken Skinner radioed for help even as she raced west to find sanctuary at the Lauderhill police station. "She thought she was going to be killed," said Stanley.

Sounds like a stormy intra-office romance...

Dragoon44
11-15-2011, 09:14
Send him to prison. Forever.

+1 this POS should never again see the light of day as a free man.

Cochese
11-15-2011, 11:27
What a piece of trash.

Kadetklapp
11-15-2011, 13:28
But I bet he passed his physical agility test every year though. Seems like administrators care more about the PAT than the psych or the backgrounds these days.

And there it is...ding ding ding.

4949shooter
11-15-2011, 14:34
What is going on in Florida lately?

This guy just bought himself a free ride to the hoosegow. I'm glad the female was wearing a vest.

Dukeboy01
11-15-2011, 14:44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4-CRR6BuYM&feature=related

:whistling:

Vigilant
11-15-2011, 15:34
Sounds like he was packing a Glock 27.

On another note, WTF is wrong with people? I guess this department does not do very extensive background checks or psych evaluations. It is a shame that somebody who gets trusted with such a great deal of authority so easily blows his top. I am happy to hear the female officer survived. Get this sicko off of the street and keep him there.

My sentiments exactly, but I was thinking it might have been a G37, since it was his service weapon. 10 rounds of GAP.

KiloBravo
11-15-2011, 17:08
Maybe they did an extremely thorough psych and background...there's no magic test that detects these folks, and it's worth pointing out that he had been on for five years, so you may be looking at something of a cumulative effect. I'm not at all excusing or justifying it, but to assume that this would have been obviously foreseeable to the department during the application process is foolish.

Fair enough and point taken. I guess it just boggles my mind that somebody who is supposed to enforce the law breaks it in one of the biggest ways possible.

KiloBravo
11-15-2011, 17:12
My sentiments exactly, but I was thinking it might have been a G37, since it was his service weapon. 10 rounds of GAP.

Could be the G37 as well. I know the FHP issues that weapon, as does the State Police here in PA. I just saw in the article said that he emptied his .40 caliber Glock, which very well could include the .45 GAP. Either way, just crazy to think about.

Vigilant
11-15-2011, 17:18
****** bag.

Question for COs: How do the fine folks in general population view former cops who were convicted of attempted murder of a cop? Are they the scum of the earth, a hero, or does it just even itself out?

On a brighter note; for those looking to get hired it appears Lauderhill PD will have at least one open slot. :whistling:

Around here, former coppers and COs do their time in PCon, at least for the first couple of years, until the publicity dies down. Some of 'em eventually request regular pop; some stay put. The turds I deal with don't seem to care much either way. For example, the child molesters pretty much blend into the crowd.