2011 Federal Legislation mandating State to State CC Reciprosity [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Federal Legislation mandating State to State CC Reciprosity

JohnW1963
11-16-2011, 11:21
I've read that there is new legislation that has 240 backers in the House that would require state to state CC reciprosity. Senate is unknown but it doesn't look too good and even if passed, Obama would simply veto and it would never get enough to overcome the veto.

However, the article stated that it would apply to 49 states. That if you have permit in State "A" it is good in State "B", but illinois does not allow CC at all. But you can be 3 seconds from CC with the pistol in a container of some type and unloaded. The loaded clip sits right next to it and can be loaded in an emergency - but in Illinois you can't carry loaded.

What the heck is going on here? Illinois should be included. This is supported by the "full faith and credit" clause. Homosexuals require any and every state recognize a gay marriage from any state that officially sanctions a gay marriage. It was put into the constitution so that states could not descriminate against another state or businesses and individuals from other states. So if it applies to Gay marriage; why not apply to Concealed Carry Permits?

If anybody knows of any particulars concerning this new legislation and how it affects Illinois I would appreciate a Heads Up.

Kicking and screaming Illinois will be dragged into some form of CC Permits eventually, the sooner the better. Less people will die! Crime goes down. The cost of that crime to individuals, businesses, Government, and society would also go down.

stricky
11-16-2011, 11:37
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1381403

A state must have a CC permit available for the law to apply. So yes as I read it Illinois would not apply.

You can find the bill text here:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c112:H.R.822:

JohnW1963
11-16-2011, 17:17
Thanks Stricky. Yes, Illinoisans screwed again.

ChadN.
11-17-2011, 11:38
I hate my state.