Belt Padding [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Belt Padding

Sam Spade
11-16-2011, 16:50
Looking for any information regarding some type of padding that can be put on the inside of your basic duty belt. Something like foam and neoprene that snaps in place, covering only the inner surface.

I've found a bunch of pads for war belts or battle belts, but they are all set up like sleeves, which then require MOLLE gear attached. Need to be able to pad the belt against the back and hips and still attach standard duty holsters and pouches. TIA.

Cochese
11-16-2011, 17:10
Tag.

However long I spend in this damn thing, it needs to be more comfy.

1041TX
11-16-2011, 20:51
Other than the Bianchi ergotek or whatever it is which has the padding built in, I have yet to see a solution. The Bianchi looks comfy, like surrounding you with "pillows of justice".

Tagged as well.

Posted on my iCrack......errr iPhone.

Narc1911
11-16-2011, 20:51
I use the TD labs belt system. http://www.tdlabs.com/

Newcop761
11-16-2011, 20:55
http://www.tdlabs.com/index1.html

I haven't used this.

Sent from my Nexus One

DaBigBR
11-16-2011, 23:40
My concern with any of this type of stuff is that it makes for a THICKER belt, which could affect the way that the spine rests when placed against an object, such as a car seat. I think this is a big part of the problem with the belt in the first place.

In any event, all that I've ever seen are the Ergo Tek and TD Labs solutions

GunFighter45ACP
11-17-2011, 06:36
Have you tried moleskin?

EMTCOP
11-18-2011, 03:47
Tactical Design Labs has worked great for me. After 5 back surgeries, I need all the help I can get as far as comfort is concerned.

maddog3241
11-18-2011, 06:57
I am not a fulltimer by any stretch of the imagination, in fact I have only been a reserve for 3 months, but I have worked up to 12 hour shifts, both sitting and standing. I have also had several back surgeries in my lumbar area.

My wife bought me a pair of football compression shorts that have the hips padded.

That had done an unreal job of relieving some of the pain for me. And it was cheap, and hidden.

You can get them at basically any sporting goods store, I think she got mine at Dick's Sporting Goods.

MeefZah
11-18-2011, 17:56
I just asked my sergeant, who wears a padded belt.

He's got an Uncle Mikes EVO, it's a padded section that runs basically around the sides and back, velcro's to the inside of the existing duty belt, and uses bigger belt keepers to accomodate the extra height and thickness of the padding.

At it's "tallest", it is about 4" so it is noticeably taller than a 2.25" gunbelt.

I think it looks like ass, but I guess if it helps your back it's a good idea.

Me, I have no such problems and will keep on keepin' on with a standard Sam Browne.

KCNUKE
11-18-2011, 18:52
I wear gym shorts underneath, it helps me. I like the padded shorts idea.

lawman800
11-19-2011, 04:54
I have used the ErgoTek belt since it came out... forgot when... 2002? In any event, it is light years ahead of any other belt I have used, including the same non ErgoTek belt from Bianchi. The pain and discomfort from the stiff sidewalls disappear and I can wear that belt comfortably for 12 hours... and the only pain would be from the weight... not the belt digging into my sides.

I can't recommend the belt enough. It's the only one I would wear. The Safariland Levitation system died a quick death... because it's not compatible with a lof of gear.

bccop
11-19-2011, 10:45
I think it looks like ass, but I guess if it helps your back it's a good idea.

Me, I have no such problems and will keep on keepin' on with a standard Sam Browne.

No such problems yet. Wearing all this crap on a belt will catch up with you eventually.

I had 2 MVAs on duty (both as a passenger with female drivers) and a third where my personal car was rear ended. I stopped to avoid hitting a 3 car rear ender and was hit at about 30 mph. Each accident was exatly 3 months after the other. That was one hell of a year.

That was about 9 years ago and my back is still not the same despite treatment and regular exercises. I currently wear suspenders and an external vest (to cover the suspenders) but wouldn't mind trying something else.