Surefire MB556K Muzzle Brake [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Surefire MB556K Muzzle Brake

Skadoosh
11-16-2011, 16:51
Anyone have experience with this brake? and do you use a surefire suppressor on it?

Clint-M
11-16-2011, 20:11
I've got it on two rifles. Big blast and loud but shoots very flat. I don't have a suppressor to use on it but I have used suppressors on them a few times. With suppressors on a .223 rifle there is no recoil. A mouse fart has more recoil.

The SJC Titan shoots a little flatter for me, but no suppressor attachment. AAC also has a brake that you can attach a can to and they're a bit cheaper. If you have any specific questions let me know.

CM

surf
11-16-2011, 23:17
As mentioned, excellent for recoil reduction, one of the best. However the side blast, concussion and noise is horrible. It is also a fireworks show at night.

WoodenPlank
11-17-2011, 07:49
As mentioned, excellent for recoil reduction, one of the best. However the side blast, concussion and noise is horrible. It is also a fireworks show at night.

This sums up my experience. My 10.5" SBR started out with a 556k installed, and it would clear out the entire rifle bay at the local range after less than one magazine. Even someone standing shoulder to shoulder with me as I was firing started to hate life very quickly. A buddy of mine runs them on his pinned 14.5" guns, and even with the longer barrel it's painful to be around. Muzzle rise was utterly non-existent, though. The 3-foot long flame that came off each side of that brake once it started getting dark was always fun to see, though.

Several people I know affectionately refer to them as the buddy ****er. The nickname is well earned.

Skadoosh
11-17-2011, 15:44
irrelevant: i noticed your signature are you in the Army?

Clint-M
11-17-2011, 19:41
Borrowed from ARFCOM but here's a great blast shot. I wouldn't go below 14.5" on the barrel with it unless I was using a suppressor.
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l152/rouelxprss/IMG_0587_3.jpg

CM