+1 For the VLTOR Emod [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : +1 For the VLTOR Emod

Eurodriver
11-17-2011, 16:40
http://i40.tinypic.com/zlrdxg.jpg

Absolute perfect cheekweld, it has enough weight to balance things out but not too heavy. I used to have a UBR but I didn't like that I couldn't swap out stocks from one rifle to another. This became an issue when I submitted Form 1s for both lowers (why not?) and the one not on the SBR with the UBR got approved before the other one did.

I did not like running the UBR on the SBR but I didn't have a choice.

This is much better. I don't think I will go back to Magpul CTRs/MOEs and will stick to Imods and Emods. You just have to feel it...

Airborne Infantryman
11-17-2011, 17:35
VLTOR makes some of the finest stocks for the AR, PERIOD.

Heck, my unit is actually ordering (attempting too, at least) some EMod stocks for our rifles. We'll see how that goes, though.......

I have an IMod Standard on my LWRC, and am about to order the VLTOR EMod A5 kit for my 16" Mid-Length.

jing1117
11-17-2011, 18:57
VLTOR EMOD are the stocks that I chose for my 4 builds. I just love them. Nice cheek weld, feels good on my cheeks - and yes it balances things out really good. Lots of compartments as well for small stuff that I need to carry (spare batteries, oi).

Bushflyr
11-17-2011, 19:19
The best thing about the E-mod is the rolled under toe. It allows a really high stock mount and an upright head position. Try it sometime.

Eurodriver
11-17-2011, 19:40
The best thing about the E-mod is the rolled under toe. It allows a really high stock mount and an upright head position. Try it sometime.

That is the first thing I noticed.

crazymoose
11-17-2011, 22:40
Probably the best collapsible stock on the market, in my experience. I'm also digging the TI7 a lot, but it doesn't have the battle-tested, soldier-proofed record that the VLTOR unit has.

Eurodriver
11-18-2011, 09:56
Does anyone know if the IMOD fits equally as nice as the EMOD in the shoulder?

I think I am going to stick completely to these stocks from now on, but the Emod is a bit longer and heavier than I'd want on an SBR

conch27
11-19-2011, 08:06
I have one of these on my sbr and a ubr on 16". Vltor is a great company.

crazymoose
11-19-2011, 12:54
Does anyone know if the IMOD fits equally as nice as the EMOD in the shoulder?

I think I am going to stick completely to these stocks from now on, but the Emod is a bit longer and heavier than I'd want on an SBR

Same feel, it's just shorter and lighter.