TopBrass.com SUCKS!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : TopBrass.com SUCKS!!

EL_NinO619
11-17-2011, 16:21
So I was browsing the web for bullets and ran across TopBrass-inc.com, they had a 1000c .308 147 bullets for $95 bucks. Good price, I order 5000, they charge my card and a couple hours later the lady calls and tell me they are canceling my order. She said they had a typo. I politely ask her to at least honor one of the orders, since I will be inconvenienced for the charge on my card. She was very rude and told me I could buy them at the non listed price and then said I canceled your order bye. Before I could even say anything else. Well I checked again and they are STILL the same price.. They have lost a customer, not for the error, but for the attitude as if I did something wrong..:steamed:

WiskyT
11-17-2011, 16:39
Good to know that they suck. Thanks for tipping the rest of us off. I could see them not being responsible for typos, but they should have made some effort to meet you in the middle. And then to leave the wrong price up there just makes them a bunch of schmucks.

BK63
11-17-2011, 18:14
Good to know. I've had some companies with great products and horrible customer service. I remember buying lead bullets and 3 weeks later I'm calling them a second or third time looking for my stuff I was charged for on day one. Ordered from another company and they are here in 3 days and still waiting on company #1. You can't treat customers like that. Maybe we should all email them and tell them why we won't order from them. Did you get a name? It's always good to drop a name in the email.

Berto
11-17-2011, 18:21
Just let them know you were sharing your experience with the largest gun forum on the internet.

Ceapea
11-17-2011, 20:34
That does suck! I really like their brass too. I have a few thousand 38 spl from some BVAC ammo that I bought two years ago. It's really good stuff.

Beanie-Bean
11-17-2011, 20:55
Sorry to hear about that, and thanks for the heads-up. You are doing the right thing by voting with your dollars elsewhere after being treated like that.

alank2
11-17-2011, 21:11
I can't stand companies who fail to treat their customers with respect. I would have been most offended with being hung up on without even a chance to talk further.

freakshow10mm
11-17-2011, 22:22
Website used to be Scharch.com. I haven't had issues with them in the past.

IndyGunFreak
11-18-2011, 02:50
So I was browsing the web for bullets and ran across TopBrass-inc.com, they had a 1000c .308 147 bullets for $95 bucks. Good price, I order 5000, they charge my card and a couple hours later the lady calls and tell me they are canceling my order. She said they had a typo. I politely ask her to at least honor one of the orders, since I will be inconvenienced for the charge on my card. She was very rude and told me I could buy them at the non listed price and then said I canceled your order bye. Before I could even say anything else. Well I checked again and they are STILL the same price.. They have lost a customer, not for the error, but for the attitude as if I did something wrong..:steamed:

First, I HIGHLY doubt this conversation went exactly as you've detailed above...

Not excusing her behavior.. but.. what did you expect her to do? She told you it was a typo... it's no different then you picking something up in a store that is priced wrong, and asking to be given a break on the price because you carried it to the register. She offered you the non-listed price, which I'm assuming you balked at.. what did you want her to do?

Inconvenience of the charge on your card? Really? If you've given all details of the call, it doesn't sound like she's suggested you did something wrong, just didn't want to listen to you try to shame her into giving you a deal that shouldn't be on their website in the first place. As for why it's still the wrong price.. I'm assuming this is a small shop, and maybe not everyone there knows how to update the inventory/pricing on the website, and the person that did is not available at that time.

Honestly, just from what you've said, I'd have probably been rude to you to.

IGF

DoctaGlockta
11-18-2011, 03:18
I have ordered from Scharge many times and been happy. On the site $95 gets you 500 of those bullets. Looks like they have updated their site design from the old one. Probably an error in the switch - it happens.

I can vouch for these guys and will order from them again.

Colorado4Wheel
11-18-2011, 09:26
First, I HIGHLY doubt this conversation went exactly as you've detailed above...

Not excusing her behavior.. but.. what did you expect her to do? She told you it was a typo... it's no different then you picking something up in a store that is priced wrong, and asking to be given a break on the price because you carried it to the register. She offered you the non-listed price, which I'm assuming you balked at.. what did you want her to do?

Inconvenience of the charge on your card? Really? If you've given all details of the call, it doesn't sound like she's suggested you did something wrong, just didn't want to listen to you try to shame her into giving you a deal that shouldn't be on their website in the first place. As for why it's still the wrong price.. I'm assuming this is a small shop, and maybe not everyone there knows how to update the inventory/pricing on the website, and the person that did is not available at that time.

IGF

I was kinda thinking the same thing.

Mistakes happen. I know I wouldn't want to be punished for every little error. Compensating you for the trouble of typing in your card # is a little like asking us to compensate you for posting this thread. It just ain't going to happen.

pmcjury
11-18-2011, 09:32

IGF

This is exactly the same thing. And i believe stores have to honor the listed advertised price (i Know this is the case in NY, not sure if its the same across the country). It's a bait and switch, and is against consumer protection laws.

Bottom line, they ****ed up their pricing, they still need to honor it.

freakshow10mm
11-18-2011, 09:34
It's a bait and switch, and is against consumer protection laws.
If not done intentionally, it's not "bait and switch". Mistakes happen.

DoctaGlockta
11-18-2011, 10:01
This is exactly the same thing. And i believe stores have to honor the listed advertised price (i Know this is the case in NY, not sure if its the same across the country). It's a bait and switch, and is against consumer protection laws.

Yes by all means call the Federal Trade Commission, or the Secretary of State, or some other useless, bloated government entity. Oh and don't forget to call the class action law firm too :whistling:.

Imagine what country we would have it you used that logic to make our elected officials own up to what they say and do? But nope we are worried about the price of a George Forman grill advertised in a catalog.

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph people make mistakes. If the shoe was on the other foot?

We have become a country of cry babies.

Rant over. Sorry guys.

F106 Fan
11-18-2011, 10:24
In California, they have to honor the advertised price UNLESS there is the usual disclaimer re: typos. Even then, county district attorneys are watching.

If it is marked on the box or marked on a sign on the shelf, that IS the price and they have to honor it. No matter what...

The problem with the Internet is that there are no universal laws to protect consumers. But we can still vote with our wallets and that is the most fundamental law of all. If you don't like something don't buy it. If a company treats you badly, don't buy from them.

One of the very best woodworking suppliers in the country had a subsidiary that ran a scam about 8 years ago. Since then, I haven't spent a single dime with them and I never will again. The thing is, they have the best selection of woodworking stuff on the planet so it's really inconvenient to avoid them. But I am voting with my wallet.

Richard

gforester
11-18-2011, 11:08
I just checked that website and the price is now $179 for a 1000c box. Even at that price it is still a very good deal for .308 bullets. That doesn't excuse being rude on the phone though.

pmcjury
11-18-2011, 11:29
Yes by all means call the Federal Trade Commission, or the Secretary of State, or some other useless, bloated government entity. Oh and don't forget to call the class action law firm too :whistling:.

Imagine what country we would have it you used that logic to make our elected officials own up to what they say and do? But nope we are worried about the price of a George Forman grill advertised in a catalog.

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph people make mistakes. If the shoe was on the other foot?

We have become a country of cry babies.

Rant over. Sorry guys.

I agree that people make mistakes, but sometimes when people make mistakes its costs them money. The company already charged his account, and took his money under terms they set. They should have to live with them.

If this was in a brick and motor store would you be so forgiving. You pick up a few things and check out, on your way out the manager comes running up and says we didn't charge you enough, please come back and pay the full price. What would you do then. Would say well mistakes happen a go back and pay what they wanted?

IGotIt
11-18-2011, 11:40
Online orders computer generated at the time of sale have the credit card info submitted to the respective bank at that time. Some companies charge orders immediately and some charge the day of shipping.

It appears in this case, they charge the order immediately and then when someone at the company began to process the order saw the discrepancy and called the OP.

In most cases if the error is "too good to be true" like in this where it's listed as 5000 pieces rather than 500, a prudent person would understand that a mistake was made. remember, a computer is only as good as the person who entered the information.

I do think the representative should have maybe thrown maybe a 10% discount on the next order by the OP, though.

G-30Jet
11-18-2011, 12:08
This company is a good company. I have done business with them for a few years.

EL_NinO619
11-18-2011, 13:28

IGF

First of all you should not assume, you make a A2$ out of you and me. This is exactly how the conver sation went.

Me Hello
Hi the order you placed was wrong and we can not give them to you for that.
So your website was wrong
Do you want to buy 500 for that price or a 1000 for 194
Wait so my order was no good
no wrong price
okay well can you honor one for the price and the other normal
no you can buy 2 of the 500 or I can cancel your order
wait your price was wrong so
okay ill cancel your order bye............. While I was talking...

And as for the charge, the funds are still tied up, so yes I am inconvenienced as in I cant buy anything else right now..

EL_NinO619
11-18-2011, 13:37
And I am not whining. I supply do not stand for rude customer service. If you want peoples money would should act like you do. I have placed many orders on the internet. Just a few months ago I placed a huge order on opticsplanet.com. next day I get a call 3 of my items are not in stock, they do not have a up to date inventory. Oh bummer I told the lady, well she refunded me for the items and gave me free shipping. Now if anyone knows how to tun a business if it takes $4.95 to keep a customer coming back, well then its the cost of operating. If your a store and you mark all of your inventory wrong and people pay for the item and as they are getting into the car they run out to charge you more than grab the merchandise from you car.... You would be pretty upset... Internet and Local shops should all operate the same.... I sell a lot of stuff on ebay and If I make a error, guess who pays for it....... ME

And by all means If you like the company, shop there. I am not trying to start a boycott. But I aint not Occupy Wall street and I believe in capitalism, And company's need to compete to stay alive... That's what gives us the shopper a upper hand on company's..

WiskyT
11-18-2011, 14:09

IGF

I disagree. They screwed up, not El Nino. They tie up his card to the tune of $500.00 and then renig on the deal. They reserve the right to do that, and I reserve the right to call them jerks for being so sloppy in their practices.

Some people think a mistake is no big deal. It depends on the mistake. Mistakes have consequences. Make a mistake as a bank teller and they don't let you leave until it's fixed, even if they have to stay all night. TopBrass should do a better job of running their website, and be more willing to do the right thing when they mess up.

Colorado4Wheel
11-18-2011, 15:04
Lets be honest. Your not actually paying a dime while the $500 is "on the card". If you are then your card sucks. No wise person would use a card that charged them interest while the card was processing the bill before it arrived at your home. So that $500 is not a big deal. If that $500 puts you at a limit on your card then perhaps you shouldn't be buying any bullets for a while. Especially 5000 of them.

PCJim
11-18-2011, 16:03
Most companies would have made some sort of gesture of good faith, but certainly not if the 500 bullet sale was mis-represented as 5,000. That, we all know, is a typo (or block country pulled bullets). That said, if they immediately charged his CC when he placed the order, then the company has a problem and should have honored it.

What if he is carrying a balance, pays interest on the card, and while wanting to take advantage of a "too good to be true" deal, now has nothing but added interest to pay because the company had already processed a charge against his card? Not everyone lives in a world where they can pay off their balances every month. If he is one who doesn't or can't (for whatever reason, as there are legit reasons for doing so), then he suffers at the expense of the company's mistake.

Agreed, the attitudes of both parties on the phone is open to interpretation.

steve4102
11-18-2011, 16:04
There are two sides to every story. I contacted Top Brass to gets theirs. All I can say is, there are two sides to every story.

IndyGunFreak
11-18-2011, 16:19
I disagree. They screwed up, not El Nino. They tie up his card to the tune of $500.00 and then renig on the deal. They reserve the right to do that, and I reserve the right to call them jerks for being so sloppy in their practices.

Some people think a mistake is no big deal. It depends on the mistake. Mistakes have consequences. Make a mistake as a bank teller and they don't let you leave until it's fixed, even if they have to stay all night. TopBrass should do a better job of running their website, and be more willing to do the right thing when they mess up.

The problem ElNino, I'm not assuming, I'm going off the contents of your post, so there's only 1 ass in this thread. (maybe 2 if you count the customer service rep)

I never suggested they didn't mess up (they acknowledged they messed up, by stating it was a typo). However, crying like a schoolgirl who doesn't get her way, is pathetic. Could the woman have been more polite? Probably, but I wasn't really privy to the conversation. I still doubt this conversation went exactly as suggested.

They called, they told him it was a typo, pay more, or go somewhere else. Sorry, it sucks, but it happens. They offered to sell to him at the proper price, he apparently wasn't interested as he started to voice an objection. Clearly, the lady on the phone had no interest in hearing his objection, and hung up.

Not saying that was the best way to handle it, but. like I said, crap happens. If this is the worst thing that ever happens to you, you've got it made.

IGF

Colorado4Wheel
11-18-2011, 16:19
What if he is carrying a balance, pays interest on the card, and while wanting to take advantage of a "too good to be true" deal, now has nothing but added interest to pay because the company had already processed a charge against his card? Not everyone lives in a world where they can pay off their balances every month.

Ok, I am ignorant on this one because I do pay my card off every month. BUT, if you carry a balance, do you immediately get charge interest on every purchase? If so then that does suck for him. I thought the interest was not charged till after the date the payment was due.

As far as charging the card and mis-advertisement price. Internet stores are not brick and mortar stores. In a brick store if the price is wrong they honor that price for one customer because they get to pull the tag right then and there. They have limited exposure to the mis-pricing (only one unit). EVERY advertisement in the paper says the store is not responsible for misprints. Misprints get posted on the door or some sign as you come in to inform you of the mistake. So it's safer for the store. In a internet store a mistake online can generate 100's of potential orders before it's even known by the store. Internet is very fluid and people could jump on any mistake overnight and create a HUGE liability for a store literally overnight. So you simply can not compare the two. Lets face it, we buy over the internet to save money, the stores run a thin margin because they don't have a store front. Brick and mortar stores also run a thin margin but their loss would be limited in the event of a misprint on the shelf because they pull the price very quickly.

XDRoX
11-18-2011, 16:45
Ok, I am ignorant on this one because I do pay my card off every month. BUT, if you carry a balance, do you immediately get charge interest on every purchase? If so then that does suck for him. I thought the interest was not charged till after the date the payment was due.

As far as charging the card and mis-advertisement price. Internet stores are not brick and mortar stores. In a brick store if the price is wrong they honor that price for one customer because they get to pull the tag right then and there. They have limited exposure to the mis-pricing (only one unit). EVERY advertisement in the paper says the store is not responsible for misprints. Misprints get posted on the door or some sign as you come in to inform you of the mistake. So it's safer for the store. In a internet store a mistake online can generate 100's of potential orders before it's even known by the store. Internet is very fluid and people could jump on any mistake overnight and create a HUGE liability for a store literally overnight. So you simply can not compare the two. Lets face it, we buy over the internet to save money, the stores run a thin margin because they don't have a store front. Brick and mortar stores also run a thin margin but their loss would be limited in the event of a misprint on the shelf because they pull the price very quickly.

There's no way he's going to have to pay any sort of fees or interest on the charge. No credit cards work like that that I know of. I haven't spoke to Justin about this, I just saw the thread. But I think what he is saying is that he can't make another purchase right away because that card is maxed. That's what I took from reading his posts.

I think he's probably more upset that the lady was rude to him more than anything else. He's really a stickler for good service. If they would have called and were just more nice about everything he'd probably be fine with it all. Just a guess :dunno:

steve4102
11-18-2011, 17:05
Clearly, the lady on the phone had no interest in hearing his objection, and hung up.

Not clear at all. TB told me that they were hung up on, as he did not want to hear what they had to say. Again, two sides to every story.

Colorado4Wheel
11-18-2011, 17:10
There's no way he's going to have to pay any sort of fees or interest on the charge. No credit cards work like that that I know of. I haven't spoke to Justin about this, I just saw the thread. But I think what he is saying is that he can't make another purchase right away because that card is maxed. That's what I took from reading his posts.

I think he's probably more upset that the lady was rude to him more than anything else. He's really a stickler for good service. If they would have called and were just more nice about everything he'd probably be fine with it all. Just a guess :dunno:

That is the way I saw it as well. I also assumed the lady was probably calling 20 or so people and didn't have time to sit and chat with a guy who was upset about the loss of his great deal and just moved on to the next person on the list of disappointed customers. Doesn't sound like she handled it well at all. Not surprising to me at all. She is probably some low pay person just managing the phone for some internet store that sells brass and crap at discount. Not excusing it. Just the impression I got.

IndyGunFreak
11-18-2011, 17:17

Well, I think all of us would be upset in this scenario, and the fact the CSR, wasn't very nice about it.. doesn't help matters. Like I said though, I'd bet there was some brow beating by El Nino, and thus why she just hung up on him.

IndyGunFreak
11-18-2011, 17:20
Not clear at all. TB told me that they were hung up on, as he did not want to hear what they had to say. Again, two sides to every story.

Well, I just assumed given her general attitude (Assuming El Nino's post is accurate... now look who looks like an ass for trying to support El Nino..lol)... that she probably hung up on him, when he tried to brow beat her into giving him the better price. Like I said, I would have....

IGF

Colorado4Wheel
11-18-2011, 17:22
I just want to say two things.

1) Thanks for posting. This is entertaining.
2) Midway USA STILL has not given me a Birthday discount in all these years. Talk about a injustice.

EL_NinO619
11-18-2011, 17:37

That is a absoult lie. Look I could give a damn what she says, I will no longer shop there, so as far for me and the store its over. I was in line at home depot when she called, and I swear on everything she hung up on me. Who has more on the line to keep there reputation, me or the company trying to sell things... I never haggeled her about the price, I just stated she should work with me since they already took my money. As for the Charge it was not a Credit card but my Bank Card, so that is why I am inconvenienced.

EL_NinO619
11-18-2011, 17:40
Oh ya and the call was a whole 1:24 Not a lot of brow beating could take place in a minute, and like I said I was checking out at home depot so 20 sec of that I asked her to please hold while I paid.. I will Take a picture of my call log if you would like..

IndyGunFreak
11-18-2011, 17:53
I never haggeled her about the price, I just stated she should work with me since they already took my money.

okay well can you honor one for the price and the other normal
no you can buy 2 of the 500 or I can cancel your order
wait your price was wrong so

To me, that is haggling.. "Can you honor..." you're asking to honor a price, she already told you was an error... and you're trying get it for the wrong price (which was apparently a lot cheaper)

"wait.. your price was wrong so..." and you were apparently cut off. So what were you gonna say after "so"... Were you gonna say "Wait, your price was wrong, so thanks for calling and letting me know you canceled the order" ?

It's not a big deal, but you were gonna haggle her on the price, you know it as well as anyone reading this thread does... She apparently was in no mood to hear it. Probably for the exact reasons C4W put in post #30

IGF

EL_NinO619
11-18-2011, 18:27
I hear ya, but on my 2nd call back to her, to tell her I did not appreciate getting hung up on at that I am at no fault here. She still gave me a attitude, I told her that I just checked the site and they are still the same price as I ordered and she said damn it, my GM said they cant do it, Thank Goodbye.. That is when I decided F it I will post something on the lack of good business ethics.

Lets just say I haggled and yelled to all high hell, If you where the CS rep would you have hung up. I have worked as a customer service rep back in the days, I would get called names etc, But I would NEVER hang up on someone. I would get fired, If it was out of my control I would transfer you to a higher authority, that could hand up on you. Even though I did NOT HAGGLE OR GIVE ATTITUDE on the first call, the 2nd call, different story....

EL_NinO619
11-18-2011, 18:29
Disclaimer, She may have not said damn it to me, but that the site was not corrected..

TX Archer
11-18-2011, 18:51
The title of this thread should be changed to "topbrass.com DOESN'T EXIST!!".

:dunno:

IndyGunFreak
11-18-2011, 19:00
Lets just say I haggled and yelled to all high hell, If you where the CS rep would you have hung up.

I already said I would have.. I have little tolerance for people trying to haggle me when I've already told them there is nothing I can do (which she did). As C4W said, you were probably the 3rd-4th person she's had to deal w/ this on, and she probably still had plenty to go, and she was probably already tired of hearing it.

Does that excuse her attitude, not really... but it is what it is.

IGF

Colorado4Wheel
11-18-2011, 19:06
They are in Salida CO. Your a Flatlander to her.

EL_NinO619
11-18-2011, 19:11
They are in Salida CO. Your a Flatlander to her.

I will go with this answer.. Probably Jacks ex-wife also...

GioaJack
11-18-2011, 19:46
Which one? :dunno:

Jack

F106 Fan
11-18-2011, 20:54
The title of this thread should be changed to "topbrass.com DOESN'T EXIST!!".

:dunno:

It's actually http://www.topbrass-inc.com

Richard

TX Archer
11-18-2011, 21:57
It's actually http://www.topbrass-inc.com

Richard

Boy, those internet typos are easy to make, huh?

steve4102
11-19-2011, 04:48
Let me get this straight, you were on your cell phone at Home Depot, you say she hung up on you, she says you hung up on her. Could this be as simple as a dropped cell call?

Myke_Hart
11-19-2011, 05:46
No matter how it went down....

They should have at least offered free shipping or something on his order. Customer service is key to a successful business.

Considering he was willing to spend $500 or more at their online store. I would think he is a customer to keep. No matter how snotty they think he is.

If they lost the call with him.... They should have called back.... Apparently he did...

I for one wouldn't shop with them because of these reasons....

The website does not have enough information. Check out thier FAQ! 3 answers!
They do not disclaim who makes their bullets and who makes their brass. Their new brass is stamped TOP BRASS.
The used brass prices are super high.
Shipping is based off of amount spent instead of item weight or size.
My load books don't have a listing for TOP BRASS bullets and brass either. :supergrin::rofl:

That could be why I have never bought anything from them.:dunno::faint:

PCJim
11-19-2011, 13:34
C4W, yes he would be charged interest from the day the charge is posted to his account if he was carrying a balance. You and I enjoy a free loan at the expense of the CC companies because they don't access interest when we do not carry a balance. First time you do not pay the full balance shown as due on your statement, they "backcharge" you interest from the date of each purchase already made as well as access interest on all new purchases made. This practice continues until the balance is paid in full.

Colorado4Wheel
11-19-2011, 14:58
Then I would be pissed as well. I would think the revesed the charges right away. If not I would be calling my credit card company and seeing what I could do.

PsychoKnight
11-19-2011, 16:46
Rather than the actual charge, which takes a day or two, usually its just an authorization which is recorded. If no charge is submitted at the shipout desk, when the charge is actually wired, there is no affect on the card except a very temporary reduction in credit availability. Credit card wise, its not a big deal.

However, the non-listed price can only be processed over the phone, so having the employee hanging up prematurely doesn't help - the customer can't purchase the item, period.

Now, whether you were pushy to get an "inconvenience discount" or she was impatient with you is a very subjective gray area. If I was the company rep, I would matter of factly say, "sorry, its the wrong price. Would you like me to place the order at the correct price, or cancel it?" At that point, I would expect a yes or no answer because there's not much to negotiate - you weren't shipped the wrong part, you weren't even actually charged and recredited a wrong amount. Its just a temp auth that expires on its own in a few days.
'bout 20 years ago, I took home a Mazda from a used car dealer, which turned out to have a Ford engine in it (cross-brand production in the 1990's) - 100% of it charged on a credit card. I took it back the next day and they seemed genuinely shocked (I think) and immediately credited my card. Still, all they could say was sorry and credit my acct (they did offer to show me other cars, to which I declined). I didn't get an inconvenience rebate, not even a free bottle of water. That's life.

EL_NinO619
11-19-2011, 17:52
Yes this whole case in not on them offering a discount, but strictly the attitude that was received. Like I did something wrong. Like Chris stated earlier, I may be a stickler for great CS, but everyone should be IMHO... You want my money, well earn it..

michael e
11-19-2011, 18:38
Have never ordered from them, but just now looking at there website and have found a few mistakes. 9mm primed 1k is 53 while a 500 is 99. 45 brass seems high, and after the story of bad CS I will pass and stick to companys I have used alread.

Bello
11-20-2011, 10:16
There are two sides to every story. I contacted Top Brass to gets theirs. All I can say is, there are two sides to every story.

LOL who is this DB? :rofl:

Tpro
11-20-2011, 10:20

IGF

EXACTLY what I am thinking. Another guy looking for the "super deal" and is going to hold a company to a typo! Hilarious.

And then, go on the web and bash them, where they have no chance to refute.

This is why....I'll let it go at this:whistling:

EL_NinO619
11-20-2011, 10:59
EXACTLY what I am thinking. Another guy looking for the "super deal" and is going to hold a company to a typo! Hilarious.

And then, go on the web and bash them, where they have no chance to refute.

This is why....I'll let it go at this:whistling:

You hit the nail on the head...:dunno: If you knew me, you would think differently...

D. Manley
11-20-2011, 13:18
While not disputing the experience of the OP in the matter, I will say that "stuff happens" from time to time and unfortunately, every employee's phone skills may not be equal or what you might rightfully expect. I've ordered from this company several times and never a hint of a problem so I do tend to think it's likely this was an aberration and not something apt to be repeated on a regular basis. They have a pretty good reputation and on a single faux pas, I'd tend to cut 'em a little slack...if problems continue, move on.

Tpro
11-21-2011, 12:49
You hit the nail on the head...:dunno: If you knew me, you would think differently...

This is why I don't do "internet" business. You have a phone don't you? Use it. I would have called when I saw that price. You would have had a different experience if you had done that. I never EVER order ANYTHING via the web. Not even a catalog. If I don't talk to a human I skip it.

I had a guy call me the other day pissed because I don't have a web site. Boo Hoo. I explained I'm not in the web business. He didn't want to talk on the phone, only emails (I don't make my business email public). So I told him find another place to do business, said "good day" and hung up the phone. I'm sure someday he will end up doing this exact thing to me...whining like a girl because I was rude to him. Time IS money.

I don't need to know you. Been around plenty long to know your "type". That is, you need to be coddled, feel loved, need a nurturing customer experience. I got it.

OBVIOUSLY, you've never owned a business that had to make money, especially in this day and economy.

Don't take it too hard because you won't miss top brass and they won't miss you. Sounds fair to me.

WiskyT
11-21-2011, 13:15
This is why I don't do "internet" business. You have a phone don't you? Use it. I would have called when I saw that price. You would have had a different experience if you had done that. I never EVER order ANYTHING via the web. Not even a catalog. If I don't talk to a human I skip it.

I had a guy call me the other day pissed because I don't have a web site. Boo Hoo. I explained I'm not in the web business. He didn't want to talk on the phone, only emails (I don't make my business email public). So I told him find another place to do business, said "good day" and hung up the phone. I'm sure someday he will end up doing this exact thing to me...whining like a girl because I was rude to him. Time IS money.

I don't need to know you. Been around plenty long to know your "type". That is, you need to be coddled, feel loved, need a nurturing customer experience. I got it.

OBVIOUSLY, you've never owned a business that had to make money, especially in this day and economy.

Don't take it too hard because you won't miss top brass and they won't miss you. Sounds fair to me.

Let me guess, your business is training CS Reps for used brass dealers? Or maybe a suicide hotline counselor?

You're pretty comical when you say the point of business is to make money, and then ignore the huge internet market.

EL_NinO619
11-21-2011, 14:06

I don't know who you are, but to keep this site civil, I will stay quiet.. Yes your really in the 21st when you think phone ordering is key and that evil World wide web is bad for business....:whistling:

Also business that do good have great CS, there not A holes to people that want to spend money at there store, website, or using Alexander Graham Bell's latest invention....

dkf
11-21-2011, 14:50
I've made mistakes already with quotes for my business and honored the price. Lost a lot more than a few hundred dollars doing so also. Sometimes if you want to keep a customer due to your own mistake you have take less profit or even a small loss. Just the way it is sometimes. You live and learn and try not to make the same mistake twice. I fail to see how being a dick to customers or potential customers would help my business in the long term.

Personally I much prefer e-mails and doing things online because sitting on the phone gabbing is really time consuming for me. I try not to be ignorant of technology either because sometimes it can really help.

WiskyT
11-21-2011, 15:04
Personally I much prefer e-mails and doing things online because sitting on the phone gabbing is really time consuming for me. I try not to be ignorant of technology either because sometimes it can really help.

Yeah, and when the customer asks you for something, like an 18" Stonehenge, you have a written record of it when he complains about it being too small.

dkf
11-21-2011, 15:56
Yeah, and when the customer asks you for something, like an 18" Stonehenge, you have a written record of it when he complains about it being too small.

Yes sir having the e-mails for records and reference to look back on is very nice. Plus drawings, invoices, POs, pictures and etc are easy to send and receive with e-mail. Some people hate and refuse to use e-mail but it saves me a lot of time and confusion.

Tpro
11-21-2011, 19:43
Let me guess, your business is training CS Reps for used brass dealers? Or maybe a suicide hotline counselor?

You're pretty comical when you say the point of business is to make money, and then ignore the huge internet market.

Yup. I ignore the internet. And I make enough money to quit my day job and do very well.

It's exactly what this thread is about that makes it not worth it. My business is 100% word of mouth.

Just for the record, I did a group buy, with just my customers, that was $22,500.00, my cost. So I made good money. Everyone paid up front. The orders were placed by either coming to MY business, or calling me personally on the phone. There were ZERO screw ups, no pissed off customers and I made FANTASTIC money on the deal. My next group buy will be in February, and it looks like it will push 30k, my cost.

So if you think that in order to prosper you need all this "tech" BS you are wrong.

The OP could have not had an issue if he would have used his PHONE to verify the order.

And, just some friendly advice to the OP...you are out of your freaking skull if you use a debit card for transactions like that. USE A CREDIT CARD. PROTECT YOURSELF. You can't do that with a debit card. My friend you are asking to get skrewed, blewed and tatoo'd. Especially if you are insistent on nonverbal communication with the seller. Never never never ever do it. I didn't take a single debit card on my last group buy. Not 1. About 40% paid in cash, the rest in credit card. Using a debit card for that stuff is silly.

There is some free, friendly advice that I'm sure will go unheeded. But, that is real customer service. Any moron can sell at profit margins that wouldn't fund a lemonaid stand. A real customer service oriented business EDUCATES it's clientel.

WiskyT
11-21-2011, 19:59
Yup. I ignore the internet. And I make enough money to quit my day job and do very well.

It's exactly what this thread is about that makes it not worth it. My business is 100% word of mouth.

Just for the record, I did a group buy, with just my customers, that was $22,500.00, my cost. So I made good money. Everyone paid up front. The orders were placed by either coming to MY business, or calling me personally on the phone. There were ZERO screw ups, no pissed off customers and I made FANTASTIC money on the deal. My next group buy will be in February, and it looks like it will push 30k, my cost.

So if you think that in order to prosper you need all this "tech" BS you are wrong.

The OP could have not had an issue if he would have used his PHONE to verify the order.

And, just some friendly advice to the OP...you are out of your freaking skull if you use a debit card for transactions like that. USE A CREDIT CARD. PROTECT YOURSELF. You can't do that with a debit card. My friend you are asking to get skrewed, blewed and tatoo'd. Especially if you are insistent on nonverbal communication with the seller. Never never never ever do it. I didn't take a single debit card on my last group buy. Not 1. About 40% paid in cash, the rest in credit card. Using a debit card for that stuff is silly.

There is some free, friendly advice that I'm sure will go unheeded. But, that is real customer service. Any moron can sell at profit margins that wouldn't fund a lemonaid stand. A real customer service oriented business EDUCATES it's clientel.

I need some higher boots, maybe waders. You are so above the BS of the internet, yet you pop in here and engage in exactly that. I guess you use carrier pidgeon to communicate with your suppliers. There must be a special cadre of businesses that supply you with your raw material or whatever it is you use to supply your customers with, that don't require you to use the internet with them at some point. Even if your customers don't use the internet with you, you must be using as a customer yourself at some point in the supply chain.

dkf
11-21-2011, 20:29
Always keep a good thick set of chest waders close by while surfing the forums. Times like this make you glad you have them.

EL_NinO619
11-21-2011, 21:27
I need some higher boots, maybe waders. You are so above the BS of the internet, yet you pop in here and engage in exactly that. I guess you use carrier pidgeon to communicate with your suppliers. There must be a special cadre of businesses that supply you with your raw material or whatever it is you use to supply your customers with, that don't require you to use the internet with them at some point. Even if your customers don't use the internet with you, you must be using as a customer yourself at some point in the supply chain.

:rofl::rofl:I'm at a lost for words...

And as for using my debit card, Its backed by my bank, and the one I use on the internet, pretty much only has internet spending money in the account. Not to worried about it, plus I don't pay intrest on anything...

Tpro
11-25-2011, 11:23

Nope, I refuse to use the internet with ANY suppliers. It's called a phone and fax. How simple is that?

Want to see my books?

Naw I don't owe you that.

FWIW, the internet is a tool that is over used, over valued and I can do business without it. In fact, how many here on GT, Cal-guns and other big boards, who have burned by internet by ins?? I know, for FACT it has happened. Then guys are scrambling to fill product orders, give refunds, stop people from bashing them on the web...all that.

Obviously, I don't offer internet group buys etc. I have enough customers that I don't need to do it.

Simple as that.

Tpro
11-25-2011, 11:27
:rofl::rofl:I'm at a lost for words...

And as for using my debit card, Its backed by my bank, and the one I use on the internet, pretty much only has internet spending money in the account. Not to worried about it, plus I don't pay intrest on anything...

So now you are changing your tune? Your OP said you were out cash. Now it's no big deal that you have bashed a company publically? Now I'm at a loss for words. You are like a fart in a skillet.

For the record, you are NOT protected using a debit card from fraudulent business practices, or if you are not satisfied with a product. You are NOT protected.

But you have proved your point. You wanted to bash a business publically, without them having the opportunity to respond. Sure is nice you use GT for a bully pulpit.

WiskyT
11-25-2011, 14:37
Nope, I refuse to use the internet with ANY suppliers. It's called a phone and fax. How simple is that?

Want to see my books?

Naw I don't owe you that.

FWIW, the internet is a tool that is over used, over valued and I can do business without it. In fact, how many here on GT, Cal-guns and other big boards, who have burned by internet by ins?? I know, for FACT it has happened. Then guys are scrambling to fill product orders, give refunds, stop people from bashing them on the web...all that.

Obviously, I don't offer internet group buys etc. I have enough customers that I don't need to do it.

Simple as that.

You must sell firewood. Even drug dealers conduct their business on the internet. The company I work for does not serve the public, it's strictly business to business. There is no way we could get our raw materials ordered, the parts for the millions of dollars of manufacturing equipment we use, or our finished product delivered without the use of the internet. It's a sole proprietorship that employs over 2,000 people and does hundreds of millions of dollars worth of business a year. Maybe I should fly to our headquarters and tell the owner that he needs to pull all of the internet cables out of the plants so we can be successful, gonna get me a promotion I tell ya!

WiskyT
11-25-2011, 14:41
So now you are changing your tune? Your OP said you were out cash. Now it's no big deal that you have bashed a company publically? Now I'm at a loss for words. You are like a fart in a skillet.

For the record, you are NOT protected using a debit card from fraudulent business practices, or if you are not satisfied with a product. You are NOT protected.

But you have proved your point. You wanted to bash a business publically, without them having the opportunity to respond. Sure is nice you use GT for a bully pulpit.

Uh, he never said he was out money, just the use of it until the debit against his card is cleared up. I think you're right, the internet is too complicated for you.

As for bashing the business, other post(s) in this thread pointed out additional misprints in the businesses website even after El Nino brought their screwup to their attention. That's called corroboration. It sounds like a crackerjack business. Face it, they suck.

EL_NinO619
11-25-2011, 15:20
Uh, he never said he was out money, just the use of it until the debit against his card is cleared up. I think you're right, the internet is too complicated for you.

As for bashing the business, other post(s) in this thread pointed out additional misprints in the businesses website even after El Nino brought their screwup to their attention. That's called corroboration. It sounds like a crackerjack business. Face it, they suck.

Thanks Whiskey, I could have not said it any better, That guy is a cracker jack..:whistling:

cqb451
11-25-2011, 15:56
I can't stand companies who fail to treat their customers with respect. I would have been most offended with being hung up on without even a chance to talk further.

Of course we're only hearing one side of the story - his. And by the attitude
he thought he was getting something which was obviously priced way below current prices and was very quick himself to explode.

It was obviously a typo and Top Brass was scrambling to correct it.

I have bought a ton of brass from Top Brass and found them to be very courteous. I'd hang up on a hothead too.

WiskyT
11-25-2011, 16:14
Of course we're only hearing one side of the story - his. And by the attitude
he thought he was getting something which was obviously priced way below current prices and was very quick himself to explode.

It was obviously a typo and Top Brass was scrambling to correct it.

I have bought a ton of brass from Top Brass and found them to be very courteous. I'd hang up on a hothead too.

Can you please quote any eveidence of El Nino being a "hothead". Also, TB apparently didn't scramble to correct anything as pointed out by other poster(s) in this thread who found typos on their sight even though they were brought to their attention previously.

Also, AlanK is a bit of an expert on this subject as he sells through the internet. He posts about the importance of customer service. It's called "goodwill" and Alank has built up so much of it on here that I'm tempted to buy one of his products even though I don't actually have an interest in what he sells.

Hey, even brick and morter stores reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for no reason at all. You don't even have to be a hothead to get thrown out of a store. But if they went and threw someone out who expected them to sell something for the price they advertised it at, they'd suck too.

dkf
11-25-2011, 18:39
You must sell firewood.

I was thinking Kirby vacuums.:whistling:

Rick from Kali
11-25-2011, 18:40
EL_NInO619,
for about the same price you can you can buy these. i have some and they shoot real well in both my M-1 and .308.
http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=8441&dir=278|281|1081|1161

as for using a bank debit visa master card to make a purchase, to enlighten some of you, if the vendor charges your card and the can't fullfil your order. the amount of the order is held in bank limbo for 10 days before it is credited back to your account where you can use it again.
Rick

BK63
11-25-2011, 19:45
Here we go again. Can't we all just..............get along??? :supergrin:

WiskyT
11-26-2011, 05:57
I was thinking Kirby vacuums.:whistling:

Group buy FTW!!!

George H.
11-26-2011, 06:42
:popcorn:

EL_NinO619