Recommend a Pocket Pistol [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a Pocket Pistol

RustyDaleShackleford
11-17-2011, 20:39
This might need to be moved to the General Firearms Forum, but I thought it better belonged here.

I have a Gen4 Glock 26 which is what I carry with my CHP. I've bought a quality belt and holster, but the weight and constant printing has me looking for other options for when I definitely don't want my gun to print.

I'm looking for a pistol that I can carry, hopefully in a pocket holster, but I'd also be open to other methods of carry for a pocket pistol.

Any pocket pistol that you know of or would recommend, hopefully for less than $500, would be greatly appreciated. I've pretty much ruled out revolvers.

Thanks

Lampshade
11-17-2011, 20:53
For maximum concealment, you can't beat the LCP/P3AT type guns, but for just a bit more size you can get something like a CM9 which will be significantly more shootable.

I recently upgraded, and although the mini 9's are inherently going to print more due to greater size, I don't anticipate being made.

Cephus0807
11-17-2011, 20:53
sig p238 hands down. I have one and its ridiculously accurate and small enough no one will even know you have it

Walk Soft
11-17-2011, 20:58
Ruger LC9

John43
11-17-2011, 21:03
+1 with Lampshade. I have an LCP and upgraded to a CM9. I use a Don Hume and you can't tell its there. Its also a great shooter. I like it better than the LCP.

sdsnet
11-17-2011, 21:07
Kahr makes a good pistol. The CW9 would probably fit your budget. A few years ago they had some issues with the PM9 but those have long since been resolved. The Ruger LC9 is a nice pistol it is just a bit too large for my pockets. I carry an LCP but I don't consider that my primary carry pistol more of a backup, since it is a .380.

An LCP with Hornady Critical Defense is a good pocket pistol though if you want something small.

SpringerTGO
11-17-2011, 21:20
Out of curiosity, why did you rule out revolvers? They might not be as sexy as some of the semi autos, but a 2" airweight with 5-357's in it will always work when you pull the trigger, and shoots a much better round than any of the small semi autos. There is also none of the fumbling with safeties, slides, etc.

Mcoupe
11-17-2011, 21:21
I hear the Nano is a good 9mm for well under $500

jwhite75
11-17-2011, 21:22
The pocket autos are great and there are alot to choose from. But the most reliable is a pocket revolver. A S&W J-Frame like a Modle 36 or a Model 442. The 442 will take +p ammo. A cheap pocket holster like a DeSantis Nemesis works great. I bought an M&P 340 which also does .357 but really isnt necessary. .38 +p will do the job.

The Ruger LCR also looks like a good second choice IMO.

That being said the best pocket auto IMO is the Kahr PM9.

NMG26
11-17-2011, 21:23
You could Appendix carry that G26 with a Remora No Clip Holster. That is the way I carried my G26. It did not print. I found it very comfortable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edR56wVnPvA

wolf19r
11-17-2011, 21:24
I like my lcp but it's the only pocket gun I have and have range time on.

50 Cent
11-17-2011, 21:25
The old standby - 642 - in non-ILS.

jack76590
11-17-2011, 21:27
If your situation allows you to wear an untucked shirt you should be able to conceal the G26. Naturally need the right holster, belt and shirt.

RYT 2BER
11-17-2011, 21:31
LCP........may not be the sexiest out of the bunch but it is so pocketable its ridiculous

wnr700
11-17-2011, 21:38
I would vote for the Sig 238. Like another post mentioned... very accurate and very little recoil. I owned a Kel Tek and it was like a Kia vs a Cadillac.

Also, the mag reelease on the Keltek P32 was often bumped, thus releaseing the mag in my pocket. This also happened while shooting it at the range. Many a You Tube video from Nutnfancy to others have released the mag while engaging the target. That release is a major reason I don't own a pocket .380

michael e
11-17-2011, 21:44
LCP is close to the size of my cell, it is great for pocket carry. The LC9 is a little bigger, I will be picking up another soon for pocket carry too.

glockman513
11-17-2011, 22:21
check out the smith 380 bodyguard

zebramochaman
11-17-2011, 22:23
IMO a pocket pistol is a measure of the last resort. Are you looking for a last chance defensive weapon? I own a Baretta 950 BS which would be a joke in a serious firefight, however, in a in-your-face confrontation it would do the job,

xmanhockey7
11-17-2011, 23:01
Guns like the Ruger LCP and Keltec P3AT are great for carry because of how small and light they are BUT they not the best guns to shoot. They have a good kick to them and a long hard trigger pull. I have heard good things about the Diamond back being like a Glock but I don't know haven't shot it. IMHO the Sig 238 is the best pocket gun out there. It is small and light and has a great trigger with a 1911 style to it.

pilsbury
11-18-2011, 06:37
Ive had good luck with both the Bodyguard and the P3AT. Both fit nicely in the front pocket of jeans.

HexHead
11-18-2011, 07:01
Another vote for the Bodyguard .380.

However, with the right holster and a good belt, carrying the 26 shouldn't be an issue. I have two IWB holsters for mine (as well as a pocket holster), a Milt Sparks VM-II and a Galco UDC. It absolutely disappears with the UDC.

Mcoupe
11-18-2011, 09:19
I hear the Nano is a good 9mm for well under $500

Here are a couple vids of the Nano

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML1474saF7g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLr2Lm33Icg

Irelander
11-18-2011, 09:55
I went with a Kahr P380. Glad I did. Its a great pistol!

EAJuggalo
11-18-2011, 12:21
In your price range, I'd go with a Ruger LC9, if you're willing to spend more money a Rohrbaugh would be my choice.

MLittle
11-18-2011, 12:30
+1 with Jwhite75......... I spent a good part of last year trying to find a dependable, reliable, and accurate pocket pistol. Owned a couple (KeltecPF9, KahrP380) and shot a lot of others at the range. Finally gave up and decided to go "old school" with a pocket Revolver. I have two now......a Smith and Wesson no-lock 642 and a Ruger LCR +P38. I know that you probably will not take this advice and go directly to a revolver and save mucho dollars on ammo for undependable pocket pistols.......but that's where I ended up. I shot over 1,000 rounds of 380 through that Kahr and it still averaged 3-4 fte and ftf's per box of ammo. Some of the jams required the use of a screwdriver to undo. I'm not betting my life on one of these. Revolvers can fail to, but the Smith and Wesson range of airlite revolvers have been around since the 1950's........I like guns that have a long history of dependablity. Just my 2 cents worth....

BleedNOrange
11-18-2011, 12:36
easy....P 238

Steve50
11-18-2011, 12:50
i went with a kahr p380. Glad i did. Its a great pistol!

+1...

huggytree
11-18-2011, 19:18
i tried all those Smaller guns...the LCP and the Kahr..the trigger on those small carry guns is very different...they are all long and heavy.....i was told its because they are specifically designed for carry and they want to make sure you REALLY want to pull the trigger......im sure someone can shoot these guns accurately, but i doubt anyone can w/o a ton of practice......ill keep my G27 with the standard 5lb trigger...i doubt many people can shoot the other mini's very well rapidly......

they also have very heavy springs...my wife couldnt pull back the slide on most of them...she decided against a pocket gun for this reason....

im VERY new to CCW (3 days)....but i have been wearing my OWB G27 with a Black widow holster at 4oclock....yes it prints....but unless your looking right at it i doubt the average person knows....and im still of a belief that 'who cares' if it prints...id rather not open carry, but if it shows to some people oh well....until i get bugged by the police too many times im not worrying about it....

id keep your G26 and be happy

BK63
11-18-2011, 19:40
LCP........may not be the sexiest out of the bunch but it is so pocketable its ridiculous

This... It's not the best thing out there but it is small, light, and it's Ruger. That means it works and works and works. Very small and light. When I can't carry anything else this thing fits the bill.

KharToon
11-18-2011, 19:43
+1...

+2 on the P380

LCP trigger pull is pretty long and very awkward for such a small pistol. The Kahr has real sights and the trigger pull is like butter. The PM9 is pocketable in most situations. IMO, Kahr has corned the pocket pistol market.

unit1069
11-18-2011, 20:06
You could Appendix carry that G26 with a Remora No Clip Holster. That is the way I carried my G26. It did not print. I found it very comfortable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edR56wVnPvA

I've had the same experience with my Steyr S9-A1/Remora rig.

I really like the micro 9mm pistols but I never got the reliability I was searching for. Light weight is a big plus but quality of build and the ability to run through a ValuePak of ammo without any glitches trumps weight for me.

unit1069
11-18-2011, 20:16
....ill keep my G27 with the standard 5lb trigger...

I like having the sub-compact striker fired Steyr that has the same DAO trigger system as my compact Glock. The Kel-Tec PF-9 I have is very accurate but in a dire emergency I know the long trigger pull could very well create an issue at exactly the wrong time, especially if I didn't allow that trigger to return all the way back to proper reset.

I'm not bashing any particular guns or systems, folks; just offering my own personal observations and preferences. I have complete faith in the efficacy of micro 9mm ballistics (and .380ACP with FMJ ammo at very close range) but I feel that complete trust and comfort in a proven design counts for more than mere size alone.

RustyDaleShackleford
11-19-2011, 10:45
To expand on my wants/needs and to respond:

- I insist on a small pistol that's capable of front pocket carry in blue jeans or similar clothing. Like I said, even with a good belt and holster and loose-fitting clothing, my G26 does print. As for my wanting a pocket pistol, I want a 0% chance of my new EDC pistol printing. You do the math.

- I don't think I want a revolver, because I haven't seen any that look really small enough to front pocket carry, except those NAA .22's. And I somehow don't like the look or idea of a revolver with an unexposed hammer; it just doesn't seem right. And that also conflicts with the need for a pistol that won't snag when pulled from the pocket--which an exposed hammer definitely would do.

- I'd like to find something under $400. I've seen a few pocket pistols under this, so I know it's possible.

- I really liked the Rohrbaughs, but they're way too pricey for me.

- While obviously I'd prefer as large a caliber as possible, I don't plan on being in any "firefight"s. If I did, I'd be carrying a Glock 17 with multiple extra mags on me. But there's a small chance of needing it, so I want something small, light, and comfortable.

- I've looked into the Beretta Bobcat (.22 LR, .25 ACP) and Tomcat (.32 ACP), and really like most everything about them so far.

-

Lior
11-19-2011, 10:53
1. Most other people do not care about your gun printing.
2. When I enter a place where I think the carriage of firearms may be considered inappropriate or be scorned, I wear my G17 in a SmartCarry. Haven't heard any Mae West comments yet. Should be easy to pull off with a G26.
3. If you already have one excellent close quarters defensive firearm, training is often a better investment than new hardware.
4. If you still wish to pocket carry, obviating your G26, suggestions above in a decent pocket holster and a lifelong commitment to safety will serve you well.
5. Getting a CHP was an excellent idea.

MLittle
11-19-2011, 11:01

- I insist on a small pistol that's capable of front pocket carry in blue jeans or similar clothing. Like I said, even with a good belt and holster and loose-fitting clothing, my G26 does print. As for my wanting a pocket pistol, I want a 0% chance of my new EDC pistol printing. You do the math.

- I don't think I want a revolver, because I haven't seen any that look really small enough to front pocket carry, except those NAA .22's. And I somehow don't like the look or idea of a revolver with an unexposed hammer; it just doesn't seem right. And that also conflicts with the need for a pistol that won't snag when pulled from the pocket--which an exposed hammer definitely would do.

- I'd like to find something under $400. I've seen a few pocket pistols under this, so I know it's possible.

- While obviously I'd prefer as large a caliber as possible, I don't plan on being in any "firefight"s. If I did, I'd be carrying a Glock 17 with multiple extra mags on me. But there's a small chance of needing it, so I want something small, light, and comfortable.

- I've looked into the Beretta Bobcat (.22 LR, .25 ACP) and Tomcat (.32 ACP), and really like most everything about them so far.

-

I understand your desire "not to print", but to me the more important issue is reliability.......especially if you're carrying only one pistol. If you are truly interested in carrying a firearm personal defense, you have to depend on it going bang each and every time. I agree with Hickok45 (I'm a big fan!!) when he says that the Baby Glocks are just about as small a pistol you can get in a major caliber and still have one that is as close to 100% reliable as possible. I'm sure that there are lots of small pocket guns that are reliable, but I suspect that the smaller you get, the higher the failure rate goes. H&K doesn't make a pocket gun.....Glock doesn't make a pocket gun, Sig Sauer doesn't make a successful pocket gun (to early to say on the P290). Beretta makes some, but they've had problems to. Looks to me like the "quality" manufacturers aren't willing to put their reputations as risk by trying to make a quality and reliable pocket gun. Look at the Kimber Solo.....all kinds of problems. Again, these are my opinions and I'm not trying to pick an argument. Just speaking to my unsuccessful experience of trying to find a dependable, reliable pocket pistol.

NMGlocker
11-19-2011, 11:32
I too have a need for absolute discretion in certain situations.
Ruger LCP in a Nemesis pocket holster fits the bill.
It's the gun I carry when I'm not carrying a gun.
I initially put 200 rounds of ammo downrange with zero malfunctions, now I only shoot one magazine a month or so of carry ammo to maintain familiarity.

My next step up is my Kahr PM9. It's my "real" pocket carry gun for working around the yard or lounging around in shorts.

My primary carry is a H&K P2000Sk AIWB. It's the gun I have on me if I'm wearing pants and a belt.

My "heavy" carry is a H&K P30 AIWB.

:cool:

NMGlocker
11-19-2011, 11:34
Just speaking to my unsuccessful experience of trying to find a dependable, reliable pocket pistol.
My PM9 has well over 2500 rounds downrange with zero malfunctions.
It's actually proven itself more reliable than one of my 3rd Gen Glock 17's.

Goldenboy007
11-20-2011, 23:59
Does anyone now when the Beretta Nano will be available? None of the local gun shops here in KY have them.

Sheepdog Scout
11-21-2011, 00:05
Does anyone now when the Beretta Nano will be available? None of the local gun shops here in KY have them.

They're trickling in now. But just so you're aware. You may wanna check out
http://berettaforum.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13 . It's not all rosy so far. But, take it for what you will.

And I own a number of Beretta's and love them. But the nano is a brand new gun. I personally wouldn't wanna be a beta tester on a brand new design.

HarleyGuy
11-21-2011, 00:34

-

I've had a Beretta .25 with the "tip-up" barrel for Many, many years.
Great little gun but I rarely shoot it because the slide slices into my hand near my thumb.
I also have a Kel-Tec.32 and it does hide very well in a soft pocket holster in my left front pocket.
The only complaint that I have with the Kel-Tec is like someone else mentioned, on many occassions I have put my hand in my pocket and discover that the magazine is loose.

I'm thinking that I may start shopping for a holster for my S/W 642 and see if it conceals well enough via "appendix carry".

JuneyBooney
11-21-2011, 00:49
The old standby - 642 - in non-ILS.

The little j frames are very popular but they don't carry a ton of stopping power. The firearm also should be for either personal defense against one threat or for multiple threats etc. The j frame is very good for most purposes. I have a trooper neighbor who wears a 27 on his ankle. :whistling: The sub Glocks are thick but can be hidden pretty easily. I also like the EMP because it is flat like the 1911 firearms.

Goldenboy007
11-21-2011, 01:46
Thx for the heads up, Sheepdog. I have the G19 and wanted something that I can pocket carry especially in the summer when my G19 prints when I wear t shirt and shorts with my mtac holster.
I love the G26 for its reliability and I can also use my G19 mag as the spare but it's just too big for pocket carry.

happyguy
11-21-2011, 01:59
I would say the 0% printing pretty much rules out pocket carry of any gun I'd be willing to depend on.

Having said that, I would probably try Smartcarry of my G26 or Airweight before I went and bought something like a P3AT.

The P3AT is a hideout gun for me. It doesn't even rise to the level of BUG.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

happyguy
11-21-2011, 02:04
They're trickling in now. But just so you're aware. You may wanna check out
http://berettaforum.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13 . It's not all rosy so far. But, take it for what you will.

And I own a number of Beretta's and love them. But the nano is a brand new gun. I personally wouldn't wanna be a beta tester on a brand new design.

From the Beretta Forum:

Dear Beretta:

The Beretta Nano is a well built firearm. Maybe too well built. There are too many threads on this forum mentioning the Nano is not ejecting light loads. I have identified at least four different brands of light loads failing to eject.

I am hoping Beretta Engineers are looking into this issue. Could it be when you decided to build the Nano on a 40 caliber format that the recoil spring was too stout for a light load
9 mm?

Beretta, please identify the issue and correct it. I do not want to be forced to buy expensive heavy loads for target practice.

The Kimber Solo was ruled out when I decided on a conceal 9 mmm due to ammo restrictions. Beretta, make it right and fix the problem or refund my money.

Did they steal the Gen4 engineers from Glock? :rofl:

Apologies for the thread drift. :rofl:

Regards,
Happyguy :)

RustyDaleShackleford
11-21-2011, 05:26
Maybe it's that I'm using a bad holster. I've been using a Galco, but it's a SOB holster.

ChuteTheMall
11-21-2011, 06:31
Ruling out revolvers and pistols that print, I find that my very old Kel-Tec P32 is by far the most concealable and also the most shootable and accurate, especially with the extended ten round mag (does compromise pocketability, but I often use belt clip IWB). Never, ever, had the mag release surprise me whether holstered, pocketed, clipped, or while shooting. But it's only a .32 ACP, something to consider.

Moving up to 9mm I find my Kel-Tec Pf9 is the most powerful pistol which is still thin enough and light enough to wear with the pocket clip IWB, or in a pocket but it's longer and taller so some pockets won't work. It's also less fun to shoot in long range sessions due to perceived recoil, so I'll just go thru about 6 mags at the end of a range session shooting something else.

Compromising between these two is my Ruger LCP which happens to have the Crimson Trace laser (not needed, but not a problem either). It's about in the middle between my others in terms of pocketability, and weight, and caliber.
Mine has no clip, so far it's been pocket carry only. Recoil is less painful than the Pf9, but more than the P32.

Price of all three are similar, between $220 and $330 not counting the laser.

The most fun to shoot is the P32, the most economical ammo is for the Pf9.

PCnotPC
11-21-2011, 06:42
Kel-Tec P-11 with side clip.

10+1 rounds of 9mm like the G26 but in a slimmer package.

ithaca_deerslayer
11-21-2011, 09:07
This might need to be moved to the General Firearms Forum, but I thought it better belonged here.

I have a Gen4 Glock 26 which is what I carry with my CHP. I've bought a quality belt and holster, but the weight and constant printing has me looking for other options for when I definitely don't want my gun to print.

I'm looking for a pistol that I can carry, hopefully in a pocket holster, but I'd also be open to other methods of carry for a pocket pistol.

Any pocket pistol that you know of or would recommend, hopefully for less than $500, would be greatly appreciated. I've pretty much ruled out revolvers.

Thanks

I've got a bit of experience with this question, because I've got a Glock 26, too :)

I'll ignore your $500 limit, because it has no place in a gun forum :rofl:

If you want a semi-auto 9mm, a Kahr PM9 (which I also have) carries a lot easier than the 26. It is thinner and lighter, and both make a big difference compared to the 26. It is also accurate and has a good trigger. The Kahr CM9 is also the same size as the PM9, but less expensive because of the cheaper parts used (it is still quality, I'm sure). But be on the lookout for nosedive jams, as that was an issue with quite a few people and their PM9. Sometimes it fixed itself after the gun broke in. Not sure if the CM9 has the same issue, but I haven't researched it lately. But if your PM9/CM9 functions 100%, then it is no doubt a great carry gun. Perhaps the best carry gun there is for concealment and staying with the 9mm, and shooting just as well as the larger guns.

I know you said no to wheel guns, but for concealed carry, you've got to at least consider a snubbie .38. I have the S&W 642. At 15 ounces it is as light as the PM9 (even lighter than the PM9 when both are fully loaded), and conceals even better because it doesn't have a square slide to print. The cylinder is the only wide part and that does not become much of a print issue, in my opinion. The downside is only 5 rounds, and slower reloads, also typically harder for most people to shoot as accurately as a semi-auto. The plus side is the reliability and very easy to conceal :) While the .38 and 9mm approach power in different ways, in my opinion they are pretty much equal.

For really thin and small carry, there is the Ruger LCP in .380. Lighter than any of the above, and thinner, but with less powerful ammo as the trade-off. Still, most would put the .380 in the effective category, but some wouldn't. Off course, some wouldn't consider the 9mm enough either. Mine runs good with Hornady FTP, those red plastic tipped hollow points. It didn't like Gold Dots so much. I put a stronger Wolff spring in it to solve the issue (it makes the slide return with more enthusiasm).

Oh, certainly nothing wrong with the 26, as I'm sure you know, just a bit too big and blocky for some carry needs. But a great choice for other carry days :)

All 4 of my personal choices above are double action only (vaugely, not strictly, for you nitpickers out there), with no external safeties. So, they are all basically draw and shoot guns, and I can train the same on them.

My 2 cents :)

ithaca_deerslayer
11-21-2011, 09:22

-

You have to decide if you want external safeties or not. That will steer you in a direction.

I know lots of people who like the Beretta Bobcat .22LR. I'd like to get one myself for teaching women (if that's the gun they want, I want to be able to teach them on it). The Tomcat .32 does have slide cracking issues you need to research to make an informed purchase (and to know if the gun you are looking at will have that problem or not).

For small price, and small size, take a real hard look at either the Ruger LCP or the Kel-Tec .380. As I mentioned in the post above, I have the LCP.

Most people would find the LCP easy to pocket carry. It does have snappy recoil, much more than your 26. It also isn't the easiest gun to shoot accurately because the sights are almost invisible. But still, for up close it will be plenty accurate. And of course recoil won't be an issue if you need it.

Just remember to try out the ammo you decide to carry. If any issues, there's always the factory, or try a stronger Wolff spring on your own (easy to change, because it's just the recoil spring). Probably no issues, but I'm just saying.

SpringerTGO
11-21-2011, 09:25
I've got a bit of experience with this question, because I've got a Glock 26, too :)

I'll ignore your $500 limit, because it has no place in a gun forum :rofl:

If you want a semi-auto 9mm, a Kahr PM9 (which I also have) carries a lot easier than the 26. It is thinner and lighter, and both make a big difference compared to the 26. It is also accurate and has a good trigger. The Kahr CM9 is also the same size as the PM9, but less expensive because of the cheaper parts used (it is still quality, I'm sure). But be on the lookout for nosedive jams, as that was an issue with quite a few people and their PM9. Sometimes it fixed itself after the gun broke in. Not sure if the CM9 has the same issue, but I haven't researched it lately. But if your PM9/CM9 functions 100%, then it is no doubt a great carry gun. Perhaps the best carry gun there is for concealment and staying with the 9mm, and shooting just as well as the larger guns.

I know you said no to wheel guns, but for concealed carry, you've got to at least consider a snubbie .38. I have the S&W 642. At 15 ounces it is as light as the PM9 (even lighter than the PM9 when both are fully loaded), and conceals even better because it doesn't have a square slide to print. The cylinder is the only wide part and that does not become much of a print issue, in my opinion. The downside is only 5 rounds, and slower reloads, also typically harder for most people to shoot as accurately as a semi-auto. The plus side is the reliability and very easy to conceal :) While the .38 and 9mm approach power in different ways, in my opinion they are pretty much equal.

For really thin and small carry, there is the Ruger LCP in .380. Lighter than any of the above, and thinner, but with less powerful ammo as the trade-off. Still, most would put the .380 in the effective category, but some wouldn't. Off course, some wouldn't consider the 9mm enough either. Mine runs good with Hornady FTP, those red plastic tipped hollow points. It didn't like Gold Dots so much. I put a stronger Wolff spring in it to solve the issue (it makes the slide return with more enthusiasm).

Oh, certainly nothing wrong with the 26, as I'm sure you know, just a bit too big and blocky for some carry needs. But a great choice for other carry days :)

All 4 of my personal choices above are double action only (vaugely, not strictly, for you nitpickers out there), with no external safeties. So, they are all basically draw and shoot guns, and I can train the same on them.

My 2 cents :)

I agree with this post 100%.
I have a Glock 26, and while it is a fantastic weapon, it is bulky. I have a Keltec P3AT and it has lots of pluses and minuses. It is cheap, so I don't worry too much about abusing it (rain, etc.) and easy to conceal.
The magazine does tend to pop out during carry, and being a semi auto it is not as reliable as a wheel gun.
I have a S&W 340, and it is by far my favorite carry weapon. It's light, easy to conceal, totally reliable, and any situation I find myself in (during day to day routine) that can't be settled with 5-357's would be more than just bad luck.

Irelander
11-21-2011, 11:00
I too have a G26. As others have said, it is a great pistol and the Glock reliability gives you that warm fuzzy feeling. I too found that it is too bulky for concealed carry especially in the summer months. I am 6'0" tall and 180 lb.

I also have a Beretta 21A and I started carrying that in an ankle holster. For a couple of years it was my EDC. Then I started feeling unprepared. The .22LR is better than nothing, but it certainly isn't the best choice. After looking at the size specs for the mini 9mm pistols, I decided that the .380 was what I needed because they are so thin and great for concealment.

I then looked into the Kel-Tec P3AT. My dad has one so I borrowed it for a while. It certainly is thin and concealable as all get out, but I found it too thin for my hand. I felt like it was going to fly out of my hand and I had to re-position my grip after every shot. The Ruger LCP was the same way for me. Then I read about the Kahr P380 and found that it was slightly thicker than the P3AT and LCP (also twice the price). It also has the last shot hold open feature which is an added bonus. So, I talked my friend into getting one. After shooting it I was sold. The trigger is amazing, recoil feels better than the P3AT and LCP, and the sights are adjustable (and available in night sights). I did have a few hiccups with hollowpoint ammo but never had any malfunctions with FMJ. Need to try the Hornady Critical Defense.

I carry my P380 in an Alabama Holster Company kydex pocket holster or an ankle holster. Great concealment with a great gun. That is my experience with finding a concealable pocket pistol.

As with all handguns, especially semiautos, you need to know and practice your malfunction drills. Even the most reliable pistol can jam up on you and you need to know how to quickly get back in action.

highfructosecornsyrp
11-21-2011, 11:29
I cannot find any fault with my LCP except that it is not dressy like the Sig P238...

The trigger on the LCP is more comforting, to me anyway, than the thumb safety on a P238...

billy b
11-21-2011, 11:50
i'm a rather small guy, 5-6 150 pounds. i have a lot of the guns posted. g19 g26 kahr pm9 s&w 642. for me i favor the 26. i bought a inside the wastband kydex holster for my 26 & 19. i can carry in summer with a tee shirt. it does not print and is quite comfortable.

pizza_pablo
11-21-2011, 13:22
Have you considered IWB?
I carry my Glock 27 IWB in a Crossbreed Supertuck holster.
Shirt out or tucked in, it does not print.
I've worn it with a suit with and without jacket.
I've worn it in shorts (jean shorts with belt).
My wife cannot tell when I'm carrying or not.
The CBST is a little pricey compared to other hybrid IWB holsters like Galco King Tuk or Theiss or Kholster.
Give one a try, for a lot less than another gun.
:soap:

huggytree
11-21-2011, 19:47
im wearing a brand new (today) KingTuk IWB holster w/ my G27 and i cant see ANY printing in a tee shirt....i suggest you look for a better holster

i own a small Beretta .22.....there's no seeing that gun...its pretty accurate for what it is too....you would never miss

wuvmyglock
11-21-2011, 19:51
Glock 21.. Ladies seem to like it:dunno::dunno:

Sheepdog Scout
11-22-2011, 03:27
Thx for the heads up, Sheepdog. I have the G19 and wanted something that I can pocket carry especially in the summer when my G19 prints when I wear t shirt and shorts with my mtac holster.
I love the G26 for its reliability and I can also use my G19 mag as the spare but it's just too big for pocket carry.
:wavey: I mean, you've gotta take my comments and other with a grain of salt. You could buy a NANO and it would run any ammo. But I'm wouldn't buy any gun that couldn't handle just about any ammo. I mean, sure if the ammo is complete crap and any semi gun poofs with the ammo, then the ammo is crap. But this is 2011, guns really shouldn't need break in's and should be ammo sensitive. If you own a 9mm. It should cycle just about any decent ammo.

LApm9
12-14-2011, 18:19
My son has another After Action Report from the ER of a Gangstaland hospital.

He had to tell a family that one of their members had passed away from a GSW. They were not too upset, and calmly related that he had killed six people.

The ER staff noticed that he had had two separate, healed GSW, in his torso.

He was finally brought down by either a single .32 or .25 that centerlined his aorta at the precise juncture of the femoral arteries.

When evaluating anecdotal evidence, remember that luck can be a factor. This tough guy had survived two major wounds, yet was brought down by a gut shot from a peashooter.

bilkay
12-14-2011, 19:44
My son just bought an LCP, and we took it to the range last weekend. I thought it was a great little shooter- it was easy to control and accurate (only shot it out to about 20 feet but that's about as far out as you're going to shoot it, right?). Double-tapping it worked fine. We were shooting Lawman and Gold Dots and I didn't think the recoil was bad at all.

The pistol was on sale at Gander Mountain for $279, which I think is a great price. I liked the LCP so much, I bought one today. Merry Christmas to me.

Now as soon as I get some Ranger T ammo, I'll be set.

wrczx3
12-14-2011, 22:29
I love my Bodyguard 380. It is miniscule compared to my G27.

fla2760
12-14-2011, 23:59
I've had a Beretta .25 with the "tip-up" barrel for Many, many years.
Great little gun but I rarely shoot it because the slide slices into my hand near my thumb.
I also have a Kel-Tec.32 and it does hide very well in a soft pocket holster in my left front pocket.
The only complaint that I have with the Kel-Tec is like someone else mentioned, on many occassions I have put my hand in my pocket and discover that the magazine is loose.

I'm thinking that I may start shopping for a holster for my S/W 642 and see if it conceals well enough via "appendix carry".

I appendix carry my 642 everyday in this iwb rig. The 642 vanishes under a tee shirt, I bought it for my LCR but it works great for the 642.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UNNDLC/ref=oh_o03_s00_i00_details

barth
12-15-2011, 00:56
Take your pick - either way you win!
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=70713
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/Smith%20642.JPG
Gold Dot Short Barrel Personal Protection - 38 Special +P 135 gr
http://www.speer-ammo.com/ballistics/detail.aspx?loadNo=23921
http://www.speer-ammo.com/images/bullet_test/Baregel.jpg
Snub Nose FBI Protocol Test
http://www.speer-ammo.com/products/bullet_tests.htm

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/76031
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/D11/76/76031.jpg
Gold Dot Personal Protection - 9mm Luger +P 124 gr
http://www.speer-ammo.com/ballistics/detail.aspx?loadNo=23617

DeSantis Nemisis $15
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/77323
http://www.oregonfirearmsacademy.com/images/nemisis.jpg

voiceofreason
12-17-2011, 18:21
S&W 642 in a Kramer pocket holster- specify to them which side you plan to carry it in

voiceofreason
12-17-2011, 18:22
loaded with Nyclads

and 2 speed strips to reload with

Ron3
12-27-2011, 13:17
I really like the Ruger LCR's.

Whatever you get skip the .380 and down. Do everything you can to carry a .38 special or more before resorting to small guns with small sights, small grips, and lower power.

Thx-1138
12-27-2011, 15:52
Plenty of people carry a G26 or similar-sized Glock without printing.

OP says he has a 'quality' belt and holster, but still prints.

Has anybody addressed that issue? I carry a G39 - slightly thicker than the G26, and I don't print.

OK, correction. The only time I print is when my only concealment garment is a race-fit cycling jersey.

However, when wearing a normal t-shirt that's sized appropriately (not even +1 size), I don't print. The combination of a Comtac M-Tac and a thebeltman belt works wonders.

SpringerTGO
12-27-2011, 16:10
I own a Glock 26 which I really like, (but like others here have posted) because of it's width it's not that easy for me to carry. My 1911's are much easier to carry.
I also own a Keltec P3AT, which is OK for carry on the bike, and taking hiking on rainy days.
My favorite all around carry gun is my S&W 340. It conceals easily, is light, has a low maintenance finish, and carries 5-357's.

ithaca_deerslayer
12-28-2011, 16:12
Plenty of people carry a G26 or similar-sized Glock without printing.

OP says he has a 'quality' belt and holster, but still prints.

Has anybody addressed that issue? I carry a G39 - slightly thicker than the G26, and I don't print.

OK, correction. The only time I print is when my only concealment garment is a race-fit cycling jersey.

However, when wearing a normal t-shirt that's sized appropriately (not even +1 size), I don't print. The combination of a Comtac M-Tac and a thebeltman belt works wonders.

The g26 is borderline for concealed carry. For many it is perfect. For many others it prints in some situations.

The two camps generally seem to talk past past each other on this issue. Some say they can conceal a howitzer without ever printing. Others can only carry a single stack 9 without printing. Lost in this is the different definitions of carry all the time, concealment, printing, and results of being revealed to the cops.

relayman
12-28-2011, 16:30
I just got a Kahr CM9 . I freaking love it ! VERY concealable , accurate , reliable , you name it . Under $400 at Bud's .

captcurly
12-28-2011, 16:42
The Ruger LCP works for me. This weapon has functioned at `100% and that really counts with me.Great in a pocket and also use a belt pouch (Bulldog) that looks like a cell phone carrier. This is a summer carry and generally a good BUG. The weapon is loaded with Hornady CD ammo and I am looking into the new Hornady Critical Duty round. Good luck in your decision.

cpham9006
12-29-2011, 13:24
I have the same issue but with a G19. I went looking for a 'bug' but did not want to go into a .380 round a revolver just didnt appeal to me..I went with the CM9. Yes it is kinda of big for a pocket gun but all my pockets in my jeans are big and hold the CM9 just fine.

ctrcs
12-29-2011, 14:27
Kahr CM9, very easy to carry, accurate, but too new to test reliability.

JBarbaresi
01-01-2012, 11:44
Take your pick - either way you win!
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=70713
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/Smith%20642.JPG
Gold Dot Short Barrel Personal Protection - 38 Special +P 135 gr
http://www.speer-ammo.com/ballistics/detail.aspx?loadNo=23921
http://www.speer-ammo.com/images/bullet_test/Baregel.jpg
Snub Nose FBI Protocol Test
http://www.speer-ammo.com/products/bullet_tests.htm

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/76031
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/D11/76/76031.jpg
Gold Dot Personal Protection - 9mm Luger +P 124 gr
http://www.speer-ammo.com/ballistics/detail.aspx?loadNo=23617

DeSantis Nemisis $15
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/77323
http://www.oregonfirearmsacademy.com/images/nemisis.jpg

you nailed my two suggestions. for $400 the cm9 is going to be hard to beat in terms of a semi-auto. i also have a 642 non-lock model that is hard to beat in terms of "throw in the pocket and go".

http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt176/jbarbaresi/Guns/IMG_0026.jpg

PAGunner
01-01-2012, 12:13
J-frame in .38spl +p or .357mag if you can afford it. Everything else is a waste of time. Little mini 9mm's or even .40s out of a 3inch or shorter barrel isn't going to give you anymore power (likely less power) round for round and your magazine capacity might give you an extra round tops, not to mention, I'd trust the reliability of a j-frame over such a small auto any day of the week, especially if you carry it often, think of all the lint and crap that will get in under the slide.

I also would never even consider carrying a .380, .32, .22, or .25.... Unless you want to tickle someone.

I've flirted with the idea of a pocket auto, but once logic sets in, it's a silly idea unless you have a wad of cash laying around, even then, give me that little j-frame over the auto.

PAGunner
01-01-2012, 12:27

let me get this straight, you don't like revolvers with unexposed hammers because "it just doesn't seem right"? What the hell kind of logic is that? Those are feelings, not rational thought.

I put my j-frame in a pocket holster, Right front pocket, DeSantis Nemesis, Levi 559's that fit me well and nobody knows it's there, I forget it's there.

If you want to go with a pocket pistol in a service caliber, so be it. I've come to the conclusion that it simply isn't worth it to get it, but hey different strokes for different folks, but whatever you do, please don't get a mouse gun. Better ways to protect yourself than attempted to stop a PO'd zombie thug with a mouse gun.

Lampshade
01-01-2012, 15:42
J-frame in .38spl +p or .357mag if you can afford it. Everything else is a waste of time.

For someone who goes on about "logic" as much as you do, you have a funny tendency to state your opinion as fact.

if you carry it often, think of all the lint and crap that will get in under the slide.

Speaking from experience, not that much 'lint and crap' gets under the slide, and that which does is nothing worry about if one follows a proper maintenance routine.

I've flirted with the idea of a pocket auto, but once logic sets in, it's a silly idea unless you have a wad of cash laying around, even then, give me that little j-frame over the auto.

Again with the "logic."

Logic dictates that different people have different needs, preferences, and abilities. Many people shoot small autos far better than snub revolvers, and also find they can conceal the small autos better. For many, the auto is the logical choice.

Lampshade
01-01-2012, 15:46

East River Guide
01-01-2012, 16:28
+2 on the P380

+3

Thinner than a J frame, lighter than a p238, and a better shooter than a LCP.

notjustanothermini
01-01-2012, 16:33
http://petticoatsandpistols.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/palmpistolhand1.jpg
theres a good one.

PAGunner
01-01-2012, 22:34
Logic dictates that different people have different needs, preferences, and abilities. Many people shoot small autos far better than snub revolvers, and also find they can conceal the small autos better. For many, the auto is the logical choice.

Why don't you go get a life instead of starting petty BS Internet arguments over nothing with someone you don't know, how bout that buddy? Go back and read what I wrote pal, I gave my opinion, never said it was fact and I gave my reasons why I came to that conclusion. So you like pocket autos? Good for you, do you want a medal of something?:faint:

S&WShooter
01-01-2012, 23:10
What about the new Ruger LC9?? I have shot a LCP and really liked it, but a .380 just feels like it wouldn't be enough, how does the LC9 compare? Can it be pocketed easily? I have seen pictures comparing sizes but has anyone held them back to back to get an actual feel for the true differences?

FPS
01-02-2012, 07:05
I love my Kahr P380. Disappears in my pocket. I load it with Buffalo Bore 100gr hardcast.

BUG'S
01-02-2012, 07:17
Seecamp.

RetiredLt
01-02-2012, 07:20
Smith 442.......will always fire and, is not ammo sensitive like a pistol.

Sometimes in the summer I'll carry a Beretta model 21 .25 ACP, anemic yes but I can pop off 8 shots in three seconds and carry an extra magazine.

Chesafreak
01-02-2012, 07:41
This... It's not the best thing out there but it is small, light, and it's Ruger. That means it works and works and works. Very small and light. When I can't carry anything else this thing fits the bill.

+1 for the LCP. I can't speak about other pocket pistols, the LCP is the only PP I own. It is accurate (1.5" under 10 yards) and has a light, smooth trigger. The sights are a negative, but I painted my sights. You could also attach a laser.

Concerning your G26: You may just need to find a better holster or reposition your holster. I have a G23 and a Crossbreed Supertuck. I had issues with comfort and printing. After trying the holster in different positions, I found that it disappears at 5 o'clock and is the most comfortable there. At 5, my rig no longer makes my pants sag and it tucks in good at the small of back.

sourdough44
01-02-2012, 20:07
LCP gets my vote.

C6drvr
01-03-2012, 09:53
I just got a Kahr CM9 . I freaking love it ! VERY concealable , accurate , reliable , you name it . Under $400 at Bud's .

I agree. I had been carrying a SW 340 for the last year and that was pretty good, but the CM9 is easier to conceal and shoots better than I thought.

I had a few concerns before the purchase regarding feeding, etc, but it's been a champ on any and all ammo I've put through it so far (even during the 200 round break in period). My only real complaint is that it should have come with more than 1 mag.

I did think about the Kahr p380 as well as the LCP, but I really wanted the 9mm for ammo availability, etc.

WH5V
01-03-2012, 10:06
Sig P238... which a couple others have mentioned. Extremely narrow, superior concealability, works well in a pocket holster along with belt holsters and I've had no printing issues, even in sweats with a tshirt or jeans and a light shirt.

SDGlock23
01-03-2012, 10:09
I have found the two best true "pocket guns" I've owned is my Ruger LCP and the S&W J-frame. The J-frame was my first, and I do still use my 442, but the LCP is so small, you'll wonder why you didn't get one sooner. Very small, 7 rounds of .380 which can get the job done, and extra mags easily hide in your other pocket. Plus...the LCP is cheap $$ wise yet shoots very well.

speedracer815
01-03-2012, 10:46
AMT DAO .45 Backup.

It's not as light as the new polymers, but then again, with 230gr. Gold Dots, I wouldn't want it any lighter.

cowboy1964
01-03-2012, 11:28
Little mini 9mm's or even .40s out of a 3inch or shorter barrel isn't going to give you anymore power (likely less power) round for round

Even in a 3" barrel a 124+P Gold Dot will still be chugging at 1125 or 1150 fps. No 38+P from a short barrel is going to touch that. Even if it came close the recoil would be horrendous.

mmelugin48
01-03-2012, 11:51
I have a number of small concealable pistols...both revolvers and automatics. What I carry 90% of the time is a KelTec P32. 5% I carry a PM9...the other 5% is spread among a dozen other pistols.

The only time in my life I have ever needed a concealed weapon what I had was a Baby Browning .25. I can think of a dozen things negative about that little pistol...and one thing really good. I was carrying it when I needed a gun....

PAGunner
01-03-2012, 12:34
Even in a 3" barrel a 124+P Gold Dot will still be chugging at 1125 or 1150 fps. No 38+P from a short barrel is going to touch that. Even if it came close the recoil would be horrendous.

Yes and no, but point taken. Take my j-frame for instance, I have a Buffalo Bore 125gr. gold dots and they chrono them leaving a 2 inch j-frame around 1070fps, Gold Dot lists 124+p out of a 3.5inch barrel at 1150, so I'd expect a 3 inch barrel to yield about 1100, not 1125 and certainly not 1150fps.

That being said, a Gold Dot still hits hard out of a 3 inch barrel, I have to buy hot ammo for my j-frame to be in that power range, buffalo bore probably makes ammo that will send a 124gr. 9mm bullet out of a micro 9mm even faster. Still, a .357mag j-frame blows them all out of the water with the right ammo, but you're talking about a 1k dollar pocket gun.

As for recoil with my .38, with buffalo bore ammo it has a sting effect in your hands. I wouldn't wanna be at the range shooting 100s of rounds of it, but if I need it in real life, it's very managable.

smitty704
01-03-2012, 14:28
Ruger LCP and call it a day.... FLAWLESS little pistol!

notjustanothermini
01-04-2012, 12:27
AMT DAO .45 Backup.

+1!

i have a .40 backup, but shes got reamed to fire 10mm. its a beast, same reamer i used on the para p14 .40, which is now 10mm

hobbydad
01-04-2012, 15:14
I know it's already been said, but it bears repeating, with the right holster worn properly, no one will know your wearing that G26 but you.

That said, had an LCP, great little gun, inexpensive & reliable, accurate even with the crap sights. Only issue, the trigger design pinched my finger on reset. I added a CT laser and then felt like I couldn't get my finger inside the trigger guard comfortably. I should note that it was my wifes gun, and she had no such problems with the trigger pinch or crowded trigger guard. We shopped around for an alternative, and picked up a BG380.

The S&W BG380 has so far been perfect. Still inexpensive & reliable, accurate with REAL sights, built in laser that does take some practice to activate. A better trigger design that works great for my wife & I both. Super light, and can be pocket carried looking like no more than a wallet at worst case. We love it for what it is.

I had a PM9, but sold it because I never carried it over my G26, it was an awesome micro-9, would highly recommend it or the CM9 to anyone with the cash.

Also, just bought my oldest son a PF-9 as a Christmas gift, less expensive than the LCP or BG380 by far, and he loves it. Shot 200rds. out of it Christmas day with out a single issue. Very thin & light, stepping back up to the 9mm, another good low budget option.

And last but not least, the LCR line is just great for the cash. The .38 +P literally feels like a toy, and for $390 is tough to beat. The .357 is a little heavier, but for almost the same price ($420), you have the choice of .38 or .357. I think it's the best revolver trigger I've ever felt, straight out of the box.

S&WM&PAR15T&G34
01-04-2012, 23:57
Guys I saw what a .380 could do to an actual body using Critical Defense Ammo. I didn't see the actual shooting but got to see the body afterwards. I would not want to be hit with it.

Walkin' Boss
01-06-2012, 00:30
+5 (I think) now for the Kahr P380. I shopped a while before I decided on it as my front pocket piece.

- best "feel" in the hand (for me anyway)
- great trigger
- 6 + 1 capacity
- it vanishes in the front pocket of my jeans
- locks open when empty (important to me at least)
- surprisingly accurate

In my first 200 rds (the recomended break in) I had one FTE (first 50rds), two FTF (second 50 rds); FTE cleared quickly and easily. the two FTF required a slight tap on the slide and they went home. Not a hiccup since.

ScottieG59
01-06-2012, 00:37
Pistols are already a compromise. Over the thirty something years I carries as a civilian, I have gone through all sorts of theories. I think there is a lot of emotion involved in the decision. I have a few 380 ACPs and they are my choice when anything else to to large to conceal. My choice 380 is my Kahr P380. I like it a lot, but I do not trust it 100%. My next one up the scale is a Ruger LCR. It really has grown on me and it is very light and very easy to conceal in either a pocket holster or IWB. I prefer IWB onver pocket carry. My number one choice is my Glock 27 (Gen 3). I have carried in several pocket holsters, but it is a bit thick. I prefer an IWB holster.

One thing that helps me is to wear pants two sizes larger in the waist. If you wear tight jeans, there is just not enough room. Also, remember to train as you carry. By the way, I have been spotted more often pocket carrying the IWB. Some pockets puff open as you move and provide an easy view. You can get pants with magnets to stop that, but the cost goes up.

Anyway, I think is is best not to have a preconceived idea of the solution. It is too easy to miss a better idea.

cmontrose1
01-06-2012, 18:59
My vote goes for what I carry. (big surprise, right?) if I absolutely positively can not let anyone know I am carrying then out comes the Seecamp in a Hedley pocket wallet holster. It is completely invisible. Next size up is my Ruger LCR 357. Best snubby trigger out of the box that I have ever had the pleasure of firing. I believe that the Seecamp is the Rolex of pocket autos. Never misfired, jamed, stovepiped, etc. it has been 100% reliable in the last 10 years of me carrying it. To me, the Seecamp is what the other makers are trying to be. Why not just get the most desired, reliable of the bunch. Plus, if you decide to get rid of it ever, you will loose very little if any money. And that's always a good thing! My current every day carry is my HK P7. I believe it is one of the finest 9's ever made and would recommend it to anyone!
Thanks, Chris

writwing
01-07-2012, 06:04
1. Most other people do not care about your gun printing.

But if it does and they do care, there goes your CC privileges.

TexasTerror
01-07-2012, 06:11
Another vote for the sig p238. It's the only small pistol I've shot but my buddy has one and after shooting it I was sold. If you look online you can find them for $500 new or go pick up a nice used one at a gun show. Great gun.

BKG-22
01-07-2012, 07:03
That is too bad the G26 is not working out for you. Have you had other trusted advice on the matter from someone that can look at your setup? As in, you feel it is printing but in reality, maybe just over-sensitive to the thought of a "gun' hanging against you? Not trying to be critical, but it does not take too much to conceal a G26 - particularly IWB. Loose t-shirt and you should be good to go.

In any case, if it just does not do it for you, I have carried a Kahr PM9 for years in a thin pocket holster with great success. Works great for summer carry when IWB and a belt would be conspicuous.

Good luck - hope you get it worked out.

repo4sale
01-07-2012, 07:37
Glock27 with 10r mag + jhp rounds. I bet my life on it, including my $10 million umbrela liability insurance. I also use the mic holster. MOST DEAD FROM GUNSHOTS ARE FROM 40'S, 45'S & 10M ACCORDING TO MANY CORONERS. 9MM = Emergency Rooms, then Sue you and you go to jail vs. them RIP...

INJoker
01-07-2012, 20:32
I have a Ruger LCP and I love it. The others mentioned here would serve you well also. My S&W 442 was too big to be a true pocket gun. Ymmv.

rargos
01-11-2012, 20:52
+1 with Lampshade. I have an LCP and upgraded to a CM9. I use a Don Hume and you can't tell its there. Its also a great shooter. I like it better than the LCP.

Same here : used to carry the LCP, now carry the CM9.

rargos
01-11-2012, 20:56
I know lots of people who like the Beretta Bobcat .22LR. I'd like to get one myself for teaching women (if that's the gun they want, I want to be able to teach them on it.

I had a Bobcat for many years but got rid of it because it was very finicky about ammo. The Bobcat is also pretty thick for its caliber : an LCP is a better choice if you want true pocket carry.

rargos
01-11-2012, 21:11
I know it's already been said, but it bears repeating, with the right holster worn properly, no one will know your wearing that G26 but you.

I beg to differ : with the right CLOTHES and right holster, no one will know.

It's very unlikely that normal-to-small sized individuals could pocket carry a G26 in anything other than cargo pants, and even then the weight makes it pretty uncomfortable/obvious.

As for IWB/OWB : this may not be an option -- if you wear slacks and a tucked in shirt (no jacket/outergarment), it's very difficult for many people to conceal something as large (yes, large) as a G26, even with a "tuckable" holster.

I say this as someone who regularly carries either a G26, a CM9, or an LCP depending on whether I have outerwear/loose untucked shirt (G26), untucked shirt (CM9) or tucked shirt/pocket carry (LCP). I would love to be able to carry a G26 everywhere, but there is no practical holster that would adequetely conceal a G26 for someone with my height/build regardless of clothing.

I define "adequetely concealed" as "cannot be made by a knowledgeable person who is actively trying to determine if you are carrying." :)

Knighj1
02-26-2012, 20:19
lcp, bodyguard, 442/642