Sc to MD questions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sc to MD questions

rpgman
11-18-2011, 14:00
I'll be going to Maryland from South Carolina for a 2 week period.

I've taken a look at http://www.handgunlaw.us/ and I can't find anything that doesn't allow me to bring my G17, G34, and G27 along with me for the ride.

Can I do that, if they are in the back of the SUV, in a range bag?

Also, because I would like to go to some shooting ranges up there, am I allowed to bring my mags that are 15 rounds for my .40 and 17 rounds for my 9mm's, since I know they are NOT legal to buy in Maryland. I was just wondering if your coming from another state, if you even allowed to have them with you?

What I plan on doing is bringing everything, including my reloaded ammo with me to my in laws house, and when I get bored, take off to the range.

Does anyone, especially those from Maryland see any problems with that?

I also will be close to the Delaware border, and I plan on using those shooting ranges also. I don't see a problem with Delaware, since they have reciprocity with Florida, which I have a non-resident carry permit. So, I should be fine/ok in Delaware with the non-resident permit.

thanks,
Greg

BigCity
11-18-2011, 14:58
You poor guy...getting stuck here for 2 weeks and losing your 2A rights.

Bring all you want with you. It has to be unloaded and cased (soft okay) and ammo kept separate. Mags can be loaded although I don't recommend it.

While you are here though, DO NOT keep the gun in the car while traveling. You can only have it with you while traveling to and from the range.

Hope this helps and I am not a lawyer.

Others will chime in too.

rpgman
11-18-2011, 15:02

Bring all you want with you. It has to be unloaded and cased (soft okay) and ammo kept separate. Mags can be loaded although I don't recommend it.

While you are here though, DO NOT keep the gun in the car while traveling. You can only have it with you while traveling to and from the range.

ok, so 15 round mags and 17 round mags are ok also?

yea, I plan on leaving everything at the in-laws when not going to the range and I plan on only carry empty mags with the ammo separate.

CSnakes
11-18-2011, 15:41

This is all completely accurate and good advice for your trip.

The full capacity magazines are fine, it would be illegal to sell them to anyone while in MD. If you have locks for the guns, the gun case and/or ammo case it would be good to lock everything just in case you got pulled over and the officer wants to see them. Think super redundant safety and you will be on the right track.

Dr. Rod
11-18-2011, 18:24
The mag limit is 20 rds. not 15.

You can bring larger mags into the state just fine. Can't sell or buy them here but you can have and use them.

swinokur
11-19-2011, 07:14
If you want to read MD gun statutes, Google MD 4-203.

The info you have is correct.

I have attached the MD AG opinion on loaded magazines. They are legal

rpgman
11-22-2011, 12:51
thank you ALL for the help.

Looks like my guns get to keep me company, lol.

cowboy1964
11-24-2011, 16:43
deleted