OIS: Layfayette, IN... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : OIS: Layfayette, IN...

Ajon412
11-18-2011, 19:13
Anyone catch this yet?? Apparently, the perp brought a knife to a gun fight..It took approximately 2 seconds for the BG to cover 22 feet and injure the officer before he was "DRT". It just demonstrates what an armed and determined attacker is able to accomplish.

http://www.policeone.com/edged-weapons/articles/4691040-Video-Suspect-lunges-at-Ind-cop-before-slashing-face/

Patchman
11-18-2011, 19:48
It could have ended better, but at least it didn't end tragically.

That distance is just a guide. Stay alert, stay safe, people.

Sharky7
11-18-2011, 20:32
Also a good reminder not to always rush in after a pursuit. If the officers on the driver side would have bum rushed the car, they could have got injured pretty bad before being able to even get off a few shots. The one officer who did rush in on the passenger side put himself in some potential cross fire and probably regretted his choice when he heard the shots going off.

Dragoon44
11-18-2011, 22:36
At that distance your reaction time time is measured in fractions of a second. If you are at all reluctant to shoot you are likely going to get hurt.

MeefZah
11-20-2011, 19:57
Did they administer a post-death tasing as the last seconds of the video suggest?

Good shoot.

Kadetklapp
11-21-2011, 07:49
Shoot. I jambogged my old post with an update showing the video. This happened 20 minutes from my house.

PhotoFeller
11-21-2011, 08:01
Thankfully, the good guy lived to fight another day.
Thankfully, this is a case of police officers dealing with a fleeing thug. Thankfully, we have LEOs who are willing to do this dangerous work.
Thankfully this wasn't an innocent civilian being attacked.

I guess we do have a lot to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving to all.