MTAC Maintenance & Repair [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : MTAC Maintenance & Repair

Ribbler
11-19-2011, 11:29
I've been carrying an XD40 in an MTAC for 3 years. Prior to that I carried the same gun in a CTAC. It seems that I break one of the belt clips (c-clips) every 6 months or so. I've purchased a few and have taken the old ones off of my CTAC when the MTAC ones have broken. I'm wondering if this is normal wear and tear or am I just rough on my MTAC. Do others using the same clips have to replace them often? I love these holsters and won't use anything else but I'd rather not have to replace the clips so often - they are not cheap!

Do others wear out their clips this fast? Does anybody perhaps use some other sort of clip? Thanks!

justdriftin
11-19-2011, 11:35
I have been using a MTAC carrying a G30 for the past year with c-clips and haven't had a problem. I am thinking I might need to buy a few extras after reading you post.

EAJuggalo
11-19-2011, 12:44
I've had a CTAC for a G31 for about 6 years and an MTAC for my G21SF for the last 4 and have yet to break a clip, although I do have extras in case it happens. Where are they breaking? Is it possible that a standard or J clip would work for you.

Deye76
11-19-2011, 14:58
Have the standard clips on my MTAC, almost a year now, no problems.