Clown Carry in Camaro [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Clown Carry in Camaro

Dukeboy01
11-19-2011, 14:29
I found this thread over in the Camaro5.com forums I frequent in a post entitled "Finally found the perfect holster and location."

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182762

Here's one of his pictures of his solution to the difficulty of keeping his gun in the glovebox:

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp326/Dukeboy34855/IMAG0382.jpg

The OP claims to be from Texas. He states that his solution will not violate TX vehicle carry laws because the gun is concealed by his leg when he is seated in the car. Seems pretty weak to me, but after eight pages of criticism, he seems bound and determined to be a test case for prosecution.

As for the wisdom of keeping your Glock hooked over the handle you have to grab in order to adjust your car seat, well there's just no fixing stupid, although it has been suggested that an exposed trigger guard is bad juju. To his credit, in the pictures it looks to me as if the Glock's trigger is all the way back, which should mean that he's carrying in condition 3.

What do folks from Texas think? Is concealing a firearm by hiding it under your leg going to fly?

geoemery
11-20-2011, 09:03
I don't know about concealing but we will probabily reading about him shooting himself next.

steveksux
11-20-2011, 10:10
Don't know about clown carry, but I was wondering if the big shoes would distract attention from an ankle holster. Misdirection is a powerful tool used by magicians after all.

http://miz-mooz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/clown-shoes-25519.jpg

Randy

RLE
11-20-2011, 10:31
I can honestly say that I never would have thought of that.

(Just another thing that I am thankful for.)

Oso
11-20-2011, 10:37
I was expecting to see an armed Ronald McDonald in a camaro. :tongueout:

But the OP in the camaro thread does sound like he could make a good imposter.

mad.gunsmith
11-20-2011, 10:48
Yes it is canceled as Texas goes
I some times have the Glock between me and the seat that is concealed
Also having the Glock in the Glock case on the passenger seat is concealed too

trcubed
11-20-2011, 11:01
Wonder how secure that would be in a wreck?

Rhetorical question...

wrenrj1
11-20-2011, 11:10
Wonder how secure that would be in a wreck?

Rhetorical question...

Especially with 20 other clowns packed in there...

carloglock19
11-20-2011, 11:55
It doesn't look like he has one in the chamber :whistling: I hope we don't read about him in the news next for shooting himself.

steveksux
11-20-2011, 11:57
It doesn't look like he has one in the chamber :whistling: Not anymore... :whistling:

Any chance of that accidentally activating the seat release while he's driving?

He could AD his seat rather than his pistol.

Randy

steveksux
11-20-2011, 11:58
Clown Carry in Camaro?

You can take my clown when you can pry him from my cold dead fingers...

Someone had to say it.

Randy

Hour13
11-20-2011, 12:17
Clown Carry in Camaro?

You can take my clown when you can pry him from my cold dead fingers...

Someone had to say it.

Randy

:rofl:

I was kinda expecting Bozo w/ a Beretta.

I don't know how "legal" that is, but I wouldn't want to skirt the line that closely. When I get in my car, I remove my gun.(ever try drawing from a 5'oclock IWB while sitting in a Mustang seat? Lol.) But I have an old Fobus holster that I bolted under the dash. I can get to it easily, but you can't see it.

michael e
11-20-2011, 13:32
I would pass and just mount a holster somewhere, does he really thing he can draw, chamber and get on target when he is going to need it.

Steve50
11-20-2011, 13:43
adjusted the seat 5 times and I've got 5 holes in the floor - dang

hamster
11-20-2011, 14:27
I would pass and just mount a holster somewhere, does he really thing he can draw, chamber and get on target when he is going to need it.

Assuming he hasn't put holes in his floor, I'm sure he will still be quicker than me undoing my seatbelt and fishing my G23 out from my 3:30 waistband position.

OctoberRust
11-20-2011, 14:42
Made me think of this pic. :rofl:

http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachments/new-ls1-owners-newbie-tech/149834d1223477749-gun-rack-camaro-b4c-1-.jpg

Spiffums
11-20-2011, 15:40
If I car carry it's C3. Usually just tossed in the console or something.

carloglock19
11-22-2011, 20:05
Not anymore... :whistling:

Any chance of that accidentally activating the seat release while he's driving?

He could AD his seat rather than his pistol.

Randy

:supergrin:

Lord
11-23-2011, 20:58
In TX, if it's covered by a piece of paper and you can't tell what's under the paper, then it's concealed. Simply put, it can't be discernible to the naked eye, in order to be "concealed", so yes, his leg would fit the 'concealed' requirement.
Now in TX, the failure to conceal includes the word "intentional" which means that technically, in order to be breaking the law, you would have to be intentionally failing to conceal. Now... this leg thing carries with it the inherent problem of periodically moving his leg, and depending on where a bystander is positioned, it could be plausible that the gun gets 'made', so the intentional vs unintentional failure to conceal would not be a good defense to prosecution. Not just that, but if you step out of the vehicle for any reason, you lose concealment, period. Now consider this... if a LEO/ DA feels that your negligence in this matter is enough to charge you with anything, they will probably go after it aggressively enough to secure a conviction. good luck with that.

That being said, it's a clear case of negligently handling a firearm to put it into the bracket like that. Someone hits you from behind, you hit something, you lose control for any reason, you have the potential now for a loaded, and judging by the picture, Condition 1 pistol to be freely moving about.. in other words, an unsecured, and loaded weapon. In TX, no concealed handgun license is required for you to have a gun in the car so suspending a license for this isn't an option, but, if that's how you handle big boy toys, with such a blatant disregard and lack of respect, then you should probably go back to the fisher price toys.

jeffyjeff
11-24-2011, 05:46
That being said, it's a clear case of negligently handling a firearm to put it into the bracket like that. Someone hits you from behind, you hit something, you lose control for any reason, you have the potential now for a loaded, and judging by the picture, Condition 1 pistol to be freely moving about..

what are you smoking? there is clearly no round in the chamber of that gun.

devildog66
11-26-2011, 20:49
Of course, this is from the Camaro forum. Nuff said...

DB1985
11-28-2011, 04:54
I think the guy needs to get a car seat sentry holster. Sure as hell would be safer than that.

redbaron007
11-28-2011, 09:13
What a clown!! :rofl: :tongueout:

:wavey:

red

Lord
12-04-2011, 11:40
what are you smoking? there is clearly no round in the chamber of that gun.

wow ... yeah you're right. damn what WAS I smoking. need to get me more. I swear I thought the trigger was forward when I looked before.