Dashcam video of a recent shooting in Lafayette [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dashcam video of a recent shooting in Lafayette

IndyGunFreak
11-19-2011, 14:33
Dang, this will increase the pucker factor...

http://www.theindychannel.com/video/29807544/index.html

The Story:
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/29807415/detail.html

If you want the cliff notes, a young man who was just turning his life around, charged an Officer w/ a knife after a chase, ends up shot 7x, dies later. One officer is slashed on the face, and is released that night.

Talk about close... glad all the Good guys walked away from this one.

collim1
11-19-2011, 14:37
That was terrifying.

I am glad the officers are okay.

BG can rot in hell.

Patchman
11-19-2011, 15:13
That was terrifying.

I am glad the officers are okay.

BG can rot in hell.

^^^ This. Could have been a lot worse for the LEOs.

PinkoCommie
11-19-2011, 15:20
Damn! Knives scare the bejeezus out of me. Mostly because guns are somewhat rare on just a random contact where I work, but EVERYONE has a knife. EVERYONE. Damn near every freaking pair of pants, every jacket, and every purse I search contains a knife.

4949shooter
11-19-2011, 15:41
Good thing the blade caught the officer in the face and not the throat/jugular.

21 feet is knife distance, though the officer didn't have much time to react.

Glad he will be okay..

IGotIt
11-19-2011, 16:15
No trial needed on this one.....good. Glad the officers are okay.

25pd
11-19-2011, 17:44
looks like suicide by cop or I'm not going to jail again syndrome in any event he got his wish and thank god the officer went home after being patched up!!!!!!!!

rookie1
11-19-2011, 17:47
Totally enforces the Tueller Drill. That guy was right up on him and then some before the first shots were fired. I guess I don't know if he was aware a knife was in this guys hands. Either way, good work gentlemen.

Mayhem like Me
11-19-2011, 18:18
great job by the Officer ..
That was fast.

Now to show it to the guys that like to run up to a car after the chase....

Mayhem like Me
11-19-2011, 18:25
....dbbl post

apphunter
11-19-2011, 19:03
the only problem I could find is after the attack and the gun shots is I heard an officer yelling "tazer tazer tazer he's got a knife".

At that point there is no tazer it is all lethal force all the way

Mayhem like Me
11-19-2011, 20:30
the only problem I could find is after the attack and the gun shots is I heard an officer yelling "tazer tazer tazer he's got a knife".

At that point there is no tazer it is all lethal force all the way

that depends say he is down not responding and has weapon in hand , do you shoot a downed noresponsive suspect or use the taser??

j-glock22
11-19-2011, 20:44
It's a wake up call for people who don't think a man with a knife can close in on you, can cover 10-15 feet in literally a second... Good fast and safe response on the officers' part kept them alive and well. Good outcome. Scary video though.

Patchman
11-19-2011, 20:48
that depends say he is down not responding and has weapon in hand , do you shoot a downed noresponsive suspect or use the taser??

There's no one correct response to this above scenario, so I'd say a running kick to the ribs to check if he was playing possum would be within guidelines.

Of course, no way am I suggesting this is the only way to respond.

silverado_mick
11-19-2011, 20:53
Damn he closed that gap fast.

Good shooting guys, way to come out on top.

sdsnet
11-19-2011, 20:57
Wow that video really shows you how fast a knife wielding assailant can get to you. I hope the officer's face wasn't too badly damaged.

Sharky7
11-19-2011, 22:10
That was fast.

Now to show it to the guys that like to run up to a car after the chase....

I had the same thought in the other thread on this video. Check out the officer who ran up on the passenger side of the offender's vehicle - he probably dropped a dookie when he realized he was on the wrong end of a barrel in crossfire.

Cochese
11-20-2011, 00:34
I had the same thought in the other thread on this video. Check out the officer who ran up on the passenger side of the offender's vehicle - he probably dropped a dookie when he realized he was on the wrong end of a barrel in crossfire.

No CRAP!!!

Oh, and let's pool some money together for park-kills for those patrol car sir-eens! :wow: