Anyone use a 34-35 size holster for daily use? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a 34-35 size holster for daily use?

OdinIII
11-19-2011, 16:40
Is there a disadvantage to the 34-35 size IWB holsters? Like maybe an abnormal bulged at the seat of my pants?

I was thinking about ordering a CTAC to go with a 5" 1911 and thought with the sale price I should pick up one for a Glock also. I usually carry either a sub or compact but I like practicing with the full size pistols.

Should I get the compact holster or target model size? With the slide version how bad is the heat from a hot practice run or any problem with friction or clothing snags with repeated draws?

HerrGlock
11-19-2011, 17:12
I guess I'm missing something. That doesn't make a lick of sense.

Buy a holster for what you're going to carry. The very idea of heat from repeated draws is amusing at best.

michael e
11-19-2011, 17:25
Think hes talking about putting the gun up hot.

Lampshade
11-19-2011, 17:25
=The very idea of heat from repeated draws is amusing at best.

Uh, I'm pretty sure he's talking about the heat from a hot gun whose slide is extending beyond the bottom of the holster.

HerrGlock
11-19-2011, 17:30
Think hes talking about putting the gun up hot.

Ah, leaving the action open while packing up from the range generally takes care of that for me. Then load her back up, holster and go about the day.

Spiffums
11-19-2011, 17:53
A 34 in the slide model has enough of the leather left on the MTAC to protect your leg. No worries here.

If your going to carry a 34/35 Glock then get the proper size holster. Some people do use the next size up holster to stabilize shorter guns, ie 26 in a 19 holster.

OdinIII
11-19-2011, 18:27
I was talking about doing drill/qualifying type practice where this slide gets pretty hot and is repeatedly holstered and unholstered.

I currently use a SideArmor holster to carry a 27 and 23. I once bought a holster that fit only the subcompact size and it badly pinched me when I sat down. I ended up only using it a few times. The same holster in the 23 length was my favorite holster at the time.

I thought maybe the longer 34-35 length may have a stability or comfort advantage over the shorter holster and could also double as a practice holster when I'm using a 17 or a 34.

The slide versions may be the answer to my question but it just seems that the unprotected slide inside my pants may cause unforeseen problems.

Spiffums - I keep resisting the leather backed holsters. That may be a mistake as they are reported to be very comfortable. I just think that I would miss the stiff easy reholstering of the full Kydex models.

tommytrauma
11-20-2011, 10:55
I've used a slide model CTAC with a Glock 17 through a couple of high volume pistol courses. The exposed end can be a tad warm, but it's never caused any real problem.

I like being able to use the same CTAC for my 17, 19 and 26.

uplinker
11-20-2011, 17:26
I have an MTAC with the slide version kydex. My 34/35 fit it very well, the slide does not go past the leather and you do not feel the heat anymore than any other gun. Good luck.