Palmetto State Armory [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Palmetto State Armory

mhunter
11-19-2011, 20:06
Good...bad? They have an M4 patrol carbine in 5.56 with an Aimpoint and Magpul BUIS for $999. Says everything is forged and mil-spec. Too good to be true?

MadMonkey
11-19-2011, 20:08
Palmetto has good stuff.

faawrenchbndr
11-19-2011, 20:29
Seem to have very many favorable reviews lately

Louisville Glocker
11-19-2011, 21:56
Bought one a month ago. Basically, just like my 6920 Colt, except it comes up with an aimpoint and rear magpul flip up sight instead of a carry handle.

Killer deal!

JBaird22
11-19-2011, 22:13
I can't speak to their uppers but I got a lower a couple months ago for my never ending build and its finish (the actually milling and machining) was better than my CMMG. I got a BCG from them this week and it is nice. If the other stuff is as good as the two pieces I bought from them, I would say it is GTG.

DS Arms is another good lower cost rifle solution as well.

Travelin' Jack
11-19-2011, 22:30
Bought one a month ago. Basically, just like my 6920 Colt, except it comes up with an aimpoint and rear magpul flip up sight instead of a carry handle.

Killer deal!

Agreed. I've had one for a few weeks and there is no catch. Buy one while the price is good.

Kcolg
11-19-2011, 22:33
Have 6 I have built from them and they have all been great. The only two complaints I hear is slow shipping, you will get a UPS notification, but it may not actually ship for a few days. The second was using carbine gas tubes in mid-length guns, only 2 that I know of, but they took some crap over it. They have since began test firing every upper.

mhunter
11-20-2011, 08:52
They have since began test firing every upper.

Oh, okay... That probably explains why they said it would take 7 days to build the upper before it shipped when you order a complete rifle. Maybe they send the lower to the FFL so you can do the transfer and they send the upper straight to your house?

boomhower
11-20-2011, 11:48
That thing is a very good value. Complete rifle with Aimpoint for the price of a basic rifle from a lot of other manufacturers, very nice deal.

mhunter
11-20-2011, 13:48
That thing is a very good value. Complete rifle with Aimpoint for the price of a basic rifle from a lot of other manufacturers, very nice deal.

I just hope the price/availability holds out until after the first of the year because I intend to use some dividend payouts for purchase.

FatBoy
11-20-2011, 14:30
Oh, okay... That probably explains why they said it would take 7 days to build the upper before it shipped when you order a complete rifle. Maybe they send the lower to the FFL so you can do the transfer and they send the upper straight to your house?

It will be a good 7 business days(10 real days) before your upper ships and this was before the test fire every upper policy. I should get mine to the range just to run some rounds down the pipe, but I always seem to find ohter things to do. It looks like it was put together right and the fit/finish is good. I couldn't beat the price anywhere for the specs. I wanted a 20" plinker, as I have enough 16" carbine/middies.

Lowers didn't seem to ship any faster either when I ordered mine. Mine were stripped, BTW. All look nice, but I haven't built them yet.

Hoosier Glocker
11-20-2011, 14:44
I have been thinking about getting one of the PSA carbine rifle kits and have a noob question. Is the hammer forged barrel worth getting for about $50 more than the 4150 barrel? What is the difference between the two?

glock031
11-20-2011, 17:43
I have been thinking about getting one of the PSA carbine rifle kits and have a noob question. Is the hammer forged barrel worth getting for about $50 more than the 4150 barrel? What is the difference between the two?

PSA CHF barrels are made by FN. Machine gun steel and almost twice as thick chrome lining. These are suppose to last a bit longer than standard mil spec barrels and built to take a little more abuse as in full auto or continued mag dumps.

Most of PSA's 4150 barrels are made by Wilson. They are lead lapped which is suppose to help in the accuracy department. Kinda gives it a broken in feel right from the start.

My Wilson barreled PSA upper is extremely accurate. But that is just a sample of one, mine.

Both are good barrels IMO.

crazymoose
11-20-2011, 19:29

If you realistically expect your round count to hit the tens of thousands, then yes, hammer forging will pay off. If not, then no.

mhunter
11-20-2011, 19:34
If you realistically expect your round count to hit the tens of thousands, then yes, hammer forging will pay off. If not, then no.

Good to know. I went ahead and ordered the $999 one with the Aimpoint. It has the hammer forged barrel.

WoodenPlank
11-20-2011, 20:15
Good to know. I went ahead and ordered the $999 one with the Aimpoint. It has the hammer forged barrel.

That deal is, hands down, one of the best ones out there currently.

Hoosier Glocker
11-20-2011, 20:31
PSA CHF barrels are made by FN. Machine gun steel and almost twice as thick chrome lining. These are suppose to last a bit longer than standard mil spec barrels and built to take a little more abuse as in full auto or continued mag dumps.

Most of PSA's 4150 barrels are made by Wilson. They are lead lapped which is suppose to help in the accuracy department. Kinda gives it a broken in feel right from the start.

My Wilson barreled PSA upper is extremely accurate. But that is just a sample of one, mine.

Thanks guys. It looks like the 4150 would be fine for my needs.

Misty02
11-20-2011, 20:42
Iíve purchased ammo often from them and donít have a single complaint, that is all Iíve bought to date from them though. Good prices and fast deliveries.

.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

arclight610
11-20-2011, 20:59
I just took my PSA build out today and ran it hard. 5 degrees today in snowy MN and I staged the magazines in the snow. All rounds (a mix of tula, Herter's, and Federal XM193) went off without a hitch including a couple of full mag fun dumps.

Last time I ran it hard the buffer tube broke loose a little bit. The endplate and castle nut were still staked together, but the tube would rotate a little bit inside. When I took it apart yesterday, I noticed the little nub thing on the endplate and gouged grooves on both sides of the little channel milled into the buffer tube. I loctited it in for now til I can get a new one. I would imagine this could happen with any AR though if you whack the stock hard enough a few times.

I really like my Palmetto build. If I do another, I will continue to use them.

xring04
11-21-2011, 10:09
I've assembled two of their kits and they are both perfect. My next kit will be from them.

mhunter
11-23-2011, 10:04
Last time I ran it hard the buffer tube broke loose a little bit. The endplate and castle nut were still staked together, but the tube would rotate a little bit inside. When I took it apart yesterday, I noticed the little nub thing on the endplate and gouged grooves on both sides of the little channel milled into the buffer tube.

That doesn't sound good... Did it cause any reliability issues?

And, the darned bastiges... They emailed me to tell me the $999 M4 and Aimpoint combo was no longer in stock...AFTER I'd already ordered it days before. :steamed:

Oh well, I ordered the same rifle for $599 without the Aimpoint and plastic backup sight. Is this still a good deal? I know nothing about that specific Aimpoint and what it would cost separately. Since this is my first AR, I think I'd like to start off with a removable carry handle/sight, anyway...

WoodenPlank
11-23-2011, 10:26
That doesn't sound good... Did it cause any reliability issues?

And, the darned bastiges... They emailed me to tell me the $999 M4 and Aimpoint combo was no longer in stock...AFTER I'd already ordered it days before. :steamed:

Oh well, I ordered the same rifle for $599 without the Aimpoint and plastic backup sight. Is this still a good deal? I know nothing about that specific Aimpoint and what it would cost separately. Since this is my first AR, I think I'd like to start off with a removable carry handle/sight, anyway...

The optic retails for about $430, and the rear sight is around $50. You save close to $100 by buying the complete kit with the Aimpoint.

mhunter
11-23-2011, 11:08
The optic retails for about $430, and the rear sight is around $50. You save close to $100 by buying the complete kit with the Aimpoint.

Thanks! So, not really that big of a deal then. I want an all metal BUIS when/if I get an optic anyway. And, I'll have the flexibility of choosing any optic I want instead of being stuck with that Aimpoint. I'm not saying it's a bad optic. I AM saying I don't know all that much about optics for ARs...right now... :rofl: I may decide I want something different in the future.

Kimura
11-23-2011, 14:00
Thanks! So, not really that big of a deal then. I want an all metal BUIS when/if I get an optic anyway. And, I'll have the flexibility of choosing any optic I want instead of being stuck with that Aimpoint. I'm not saying it's a bad optic. I AM saying I don't know all that much about optics for ARs...right now... :rofl: I may decide I want something different in the future.

Aimpoint really is the RDS right now. They're durable with long battery life. I know the Pro is fairly new, but I haven't heard anything bad about them. You don't see many Aimpoint haters around, and that's saying something. T1 seems to be the optic of choice right now by many SMEs, but it is expensive.

Regarding PSA; they're the new players in the game. The specs on their rifles and uppers is great, but they're basically untested. Some want to tout them as the new BCM or Daniel Defense, but I think it's too soon to say. I really want to see some of their rifles run hard for a prolonged amount of time and see how durable they are. Only time will tell. If you have a good 5.56 rifle already like DD, BCM, Colt, Noveske etc; it might be worth the money to buy an upper or rifle and run it a bit. If this is your only rifle, I would try BCM, DD, Colt etc first, then come back to PSA later. Just my opinion. Btw, I've dealt with them on a few occasions and they're customer service has been great.

boomhower
11-23-2011, 14:18

Unless you decide you want magnification you can't do better than the Aimpoint Pro for the money, being "stuck" with it would be a nice problem to have.

mhunter
11-23-2011, 14:29
Unless you decide you want magnification you can't do better than the Aimpoint Pro for the money, being "stuck" with it would be a nice problem to have.

The optic was the Aimpoint Patrol Optic. Is this the same as the Pro?

As far as Palmetto being "new and untested"...oh well...too late... I already ordered my rifle. Seems there are a LOT of great reviews out there and some people have put a lot of time/rounds on theirs. Hope their customer service is as great as everyone says if I have a problem.

Hope they're not like Kel-Tec. Great customer service...piece O' poo product... :puking:

mvician
11-23-2011, 14:57

yes

PRO = Patrol Rifle Optic

mhunter
11-23-2011, 15:12
yes

PRO = Patrol Rifle Optic

Got it! Thanks for helping an AR noob...again... :wavey:

glock031
11-23-2011, 17:55
Aimpoint really is the RDS right now. They're durable with long battery life. I know the Pro is fairly new, but I haven't heard anything bad about them. You don't see many Aimpoint haters around, and that's saying something. T1 seems to be the optic of choice right now by many SMEs, but it is expensive.

Regarding PSA; they're the new players in the game. The specs on their rifles and uppers is great, but they're basically untested. Some want to tout them as the new BCM or Daniel Defense, but I think it's too soon to say. I really want to see some of their rifles run hard for a prolonged amount of time and see how durable they are. Only time will tell. If you have a good 5.56 rifle already like DD, BCM, Colt, Noveske etc; it might be worth the money to buy an upper or rifle and run it a bit. If this is your only rifle, I would try BCM, DD, Colt etc first, then come back to PSA later. Just my opinion. Btw, I've dealt with them on a few occasions and they're customer service has been great.

There have been several reviews of PSA carbines run hard in multi day training events with no issues. Maybe you missed that.

mvician
11-23-2011, 18:44
There have been several reviews of PSA carbines run hard in multi day training events with no issues. Maybe you missed that.

Links please, thanks :cool:

TedG
11-23-2011, 19:50

I'm a PSA fan, and I'd really like to see some good supporting material too.

Clint-M
11-23-2011, 19:58
+1. I haven't seen any thorough reports of a PSA past a few hundred rounds.

CM

TedG
11-23-2011, 20:25
+1. I haven't seen any thorough reports of a PSA past a few hundred rounds.

CM

I've only got 4 or 5 hundred through mine, and it's far from being "run hard". I'd like to hear about someone who had put a PSA through its paces.

glock031
11-23-2011, 22:25

There was one posted in the industry forums two psa carbines were used in a multi day training course forgot the name of the course think it was called apple or red something. Anyway 1000 rounds per day several days no issues. Look it up i don't have the time or care to. Couple other were posted in threads over ar.com discussion forums = no issues.

mvician
11-23-2011, 22:52

Look it up i don't have the time or care to.

gee thanks............

Kimura
11-24-2011, 00:16

Yes I did. Would love to read them. If you can, please send me some links.

glock031
11-24-2011, 02:20
gee thanks............

Wasn't trying to be a smart ass but i was at work and getting pretty busy.

I have read about three claims of guys running PSA's hard. Seems they are buried in old post. Here is one quote below but im still trying to find another guys post that ran 2300 rds no issues.

"I have their basic $399 M4 special that in the past month has benn thu a 2 day Redback One carbine course & multiple training sessions.

Aprox 1900rds without issue. "

http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=543773&page=4

Big Mad Dawg
11-24-2011, 03:49

As far as Palmetto being "new and untested"...oh well...too late... I already ordered my rifle. Seems there are a LOT of great reviews out there and some people have put a lot of time/rounds on theirs. Hope their customer service is as great as everyone says if I have a problem.

The Aimpiont PRO is a good piece of kit you would have done well to have gotten it.

Donít let the ďif itís not a big name brand you canít trust it and itís not going to last guysĒ discourage you. I donít have a PSA but their specís look good and they have far more compliments than complaints so you will be happy I am sure. I would not hesitate to pick one up for that cost and have no problem with trusting one. When you get it burn as much ammo as you can afford and enjoy that new weapon.

TedG
11-24-2011, 07:12
The Aimpiont PRO is a good piece of kit you would have done well to have gotten it.

Donít let the ďif itís not a big name brand you canít trust it and itís not going to last guysĒ discourage you. I donít have a PSA but their specís look good and they have far more compliments than complaints so you will be happy I am sure. I would not hesitate to pick one up for that cost and have no problem with trusting one. When you get it burn as much ammo as you can afford and enjoy that new weapon.

Thanks for your service! Keep your head down. :patriot:

mhunter
11-24-2011, 10:06

I'm sure the rifle will be fine. :cool:

As for the Aimpoint PRO, no big whoop... I can still always pick one up. I've seen it for $400-450 online, so I would have saved $50 at most with the $999 combo instead of just the $599 rifle. I just wanted to jump on one before THAT deal went away, too.

ddbtoth
11-25-2011, 17:16
I'm sure the rifle will be fine. :cool:

As for the Aimpoint PRO, no big whoop... I can still always pick one up. I've seen it for $400-450 online, so I would have saved $50 at most with the $999 combo instead of just the $599 rifle. I just wanted to jump on one before THAT deal went away, too.

http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/AIM12841.aspx

devildog66
11-26-2011, 19:13
So I had read about PSA AR gear and they had stripped lower receivers for $49 ea as a sale special. So I bought two at that price. The specs of their receiver looks up to a high standard and my current location does not end in ___stan so I doubt reliability will be an issue.

HAIL CAESAR
11-26-2011, 22:53
I bought 2 myself last night.

ddbtoth
11-27-2011, 11:45
It's always interesting to see the emphasis on "Mil Spec" parts and how people got out of their to get the parts that that have this name and then proudly emphasize it to everyone. Not one lower sold to a civilian since '86 is "Mil Spec", -they are all missing the third hole, and therefore not "Mil Spec". I enjoy an accurate rifle and like putting them together. While parts of my rifles may be "Mil Spec", I actually want something better than what the lowest bidder who is "Mil Spec" sells to the US government. Now I'd like to be able to shoot as well as some of those government supported people do, but I don't have the time, place, or the money to do it, and it's not my job to do so. I sincerely hope I never have to use on of my rifles to shoot someone, but if I do I know that what I built is "Mil Spec" enough (or in some cases, better) to do what I demand. That's all the "Mil Spec" I need (and yes, I am a BCM fanboy so there is a some brand pride with me too).

mvician
11-27-2011, 12:24
I get so tired of hearing that BS about milspec coming from the lowest bidder.
While it may be true in some other areas, it is not true with the M4/M16.

mhunter
11-27-2011, 12:25

And, many times "MILSPEC" doesn't have anything to do with quality. It just means the parts are interchangeable. :upeyes:

ddbtoth
11-27-2011, 12:27

You're right--I seen the country's deficit--the government only chooses the most expensive bidder, regardless of quality, as long as it is a union shop.

plouffedaddy
11-27-2011, 13:49
Have 6 I have built from them and they have all been great. The only two complaints I hear is slow shipping, you will get a UPS notification, but it may not actually ship for a few days. The second was using carbine gas tubes in mid-length guns, only 2 that I know of, but they took some crap over it. They have since began test firing every upper.

I can confirm with my own two eyes and ears that they conduct these test fires. I go to the same range they use and the boys show up with a big as duffle bag full of uppers and go to work. I always want to get one once I see them all!

HAIL CAESAR
11-27-2011, 15:23
Mil-Spec is good for some things...and not so important for others.

The last thing I want on a varmint rig is a Mil-Spec trigger or barrel....BUT I CONSTANTLY hear people recommend some Mil-Spec barrel for someone asking about a varmint/target rig.
Not long ago here someone was asking that question here and some dolts were recommending a BCM barrel.:upeyes:

If someone is so MIL-Spec crazy why do they carry anything but a Beretta? Why does even one Middy gas sell? (Million more why does anyone buy questions?)

bmoore
11-27-2011, 15:38

The last thing I want on a varmint rig is a Mil-Spec trigger or barrel....BUT I CONSTANTLY hear people recommend some Mil-Spec barrel for someone asking about a varmint/target rig.
Not long ago here someone was asking that question here and some dolts were recommending a BCM barrel.:upeyes:

If someone is so MIL-Spec crazy why do they carry anything but a Beretta? Why does even one Middy gas sell? (Million more why does anyone buy questions?)

If I remember correctly the reccomendation was "you need a BCM middy". "umm yeah im looking for a nice compund bow for archery season to harvest a turkey"..........."you need a BCM middy"

ddbtoth
11-27-2011, 15:41
Certainly some aspects of Mil Spec is important-like from above-- the ability to fit together with acceptable tolerances, the usefulness of chrome (when needed) vs. SS, or the quality assurances of the testing that goes into metals (particle testing) and construction (properly staked keys-but then other manufacturers put together BCGs without staking and do fine). But that is the real fun of building what you want-not what Colt, BM, or LMT offer. These are the golden days of EBR's--never before has there been the opportunity and availability to put together these guns. If that jackass in Washington gets another four years, he will come after these guns-he can't afford to P\O any more of his liberal support base. And he knows he will be gone in 2016-heading off to the lecture tours and the real money.

Noblinger
11-29-2011, 13:14
I am currently building a PSA 16" "mock" Dissipator with a mid length system. I have dealt with PSA on many occasions and have nothing but good things to say about there customer service and pricing.

mhunter
11-29-2011, 14:08
I am currently building a PSA 16" "mock" Dissipator with a mid length system. I have dealt with PSA on many occasions and have nothing but good things to say about there customer service and pricing.

I sure hope so on that last part. They've been quite mum since my credit card charge cleared. I gave up trying to call them and they aren't answering my emails when they eagerly did BEFORE getting my order. We'll see...

ddbtoth
11-29-2011, 17:20
I sure hope so on that last part. They've been quite mum since my credit card charge cleared. I gave up trying to call them and they aren't answering my emails when they eagerly did BEFORE getting my order. We'll see...
They are not as fast as others-but they do ship pretty quick. I ordered a LPK and some other stuff last weekend before the holidays, tracking says tonight along with some ammo from Weidner's and a BCM upper-lets's see what actually shows up. Now I just have to sneak it past the wife-I'll tell her it's some Christmas gifts for her and her mother.

WoodenPlank
11-29-2011, 17:25
They are not as fast as others-but they do ship pretty quick. I ordered a LPK and some other stuff last weekend before the holidays, tracking says tonight along with some ammo from Weidner's and a BCM upper-lets's see what actually shows up. Now I just have to sneak it past the wife-I'll tell her it's some Christmas gifts for her and her mother.

Their uppers and rifles take longer, since they seem to be individually test firing each of them.

ddbtoth
11-29-2011, 17:30
Their uppers and rifles take longer, since they seem to be individually test firing each of them.

True dat--someone was *****ing on another board about something and PSA was very accommodating and now test fires all their uppers and rifles. I guess it is a good QC step-and a good sign that they listen and responds to their customer base.

mhunter
11-29-2011, 17:54

I'm not even at that point yet. Heck, I'm just trying to see if they got my FFL's info okay and can't even get through to check that. Another day gone with no email response, either. :upeyes:

WoodenPlank
11-29-2011, 18:07
I'm not even at that point yet. Heck, I'm just trying to see if they got my FFL's info okay and can't even get through to check that. Another day gone with no email response, either. :upeyes:

They may be up to their eyeballs with orders and requests right now, too, due to black Friday sales. That $50 upper deal probably has them pretty busy.

mhunter
11-29-2011, 18:18
They may be up to their eyeballs with orders and requests right now, too, due to black Friday sales. That $50 upper deal probably has them pretty busy.

Still no excuse for not taking 5 seconds with a simple email reply of "yes" or "no"... :steamed:

caviteno_loco
11-29-2011, 18:24
I ordered a complete upper from them a few days ago and I got a UPS tracking number today.

I was surprised actually. I thought it's going to be a 2 week wait. :supergrin:

caviteno_loco
11-29-2011, 18:31

My cousin who owns a Colt 6940 always preaches about the long list of "mil-spec" parts that his Colt has.

He even asks me what AK has "mil-spec" parts because he is going to buy one too. :faint:

glock031
11-29-2011, 20:02
Still no excuse for not taking 5 seconds with a simple email reply of "yes" or "no"... :steamed:

O yes there is. Getting to it in the first part when they have other things to do like packing orders and such.

They sold over three thousand lowers last weekend, not counting all other items. They are getting over a hundred emails per hour and are just now repling to last sundays emails. You know what type of emails are slowing everything up? Over 1,100 pages of FFL faxes as of this morning.

I ordered lowers both from Aim and PSA before the sales. Im sure i'll get them If i was in a hurry i would have bought locally.

Edit-
Forgot to add that they are now doing shift work around the clock so they are really doing their best to get the orders out. Could you imagine doing the repetitive job of answering all those emails. Hey where's my order bla bla.

GSSF17
11-29-2011, 20:17

Got an email from them today regarding the 2 lowers I ordered last friday. I sent them a note making sure they had the FFL info they needed and they responded quickly, considering there was only 1 business day since my order/inquiry.

ddbtoth
11-29-2011, 20:21

Well, I just got all stuff--PSA, DSG, Weidner's, and BCM. Ordered it all on the 21st--at 12-1:00 am, slightly hammered (ok, really hammered, I saw the charges and replies from them the next couple of days-definitively not as fun as ordering it I tell you), so I guess they were busy with me and just ignoring you--sucks, huh?

:tongueout:

Gunnut 45/454
11-29-2011, 22:53
Well I sent my Colt Match Target down the road for the PSA 16" M4 Carbine Strikefire G2S ! Now the wait begins! Pics and targets as soon as I can!:supergrin:

madecov
11-30-2011, 07:49
Psa is good stuff at great prices. I built one rifle for me and two more for my partner. I sold about a dozen receivers and parts kits to guys in the department. One of them went through the department carbine course with no failures. I ordered two more receivers on Friday and got shipping notice yesterday. Next week I'll order a few parts kits. Four of my rifle's are spikes,one is stag and one Palmetto. I will be buying other Palmetto uppers to complete builds.

mhunter
11-30-2011, 07:57
Got an email from them today regarding the 2 lowers I ordered last friday. I sent them a note making sure they had the FFL info they needed and they responded quickly, considering there was only 1 business day since my order/inquiry.

So, they CAN do it, unlike glock031 seems to think. :upeyes:

glock031
11-30-2011, 09:25
:yawn:So, they CAN do it, unlike glock031 seems to think. :upeyes:

"and are just now replying to last sundays emails"

Never said they don't or can't reply to email questions. Just that they've noted they are days behind in replying thats all. :yawn:

mhunter
11-30-2011, 09:48
:yawn:

"and are just now replying to last sundays emails"

Never said they don't or can't reply to email questions. Just that they've noted they are days behind in replying thats all. :yawn:

Between this post and your last one...

You know all this exactly how? :dunno:

glock031
11-30-2011, 10:37
Between this post and your last one...

You know all this exactly how? :dunno:

PSA has a industry forum over at ar15 where they post and answer questions.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_2/301_Palmetto_State_Armory.html

mhunter
11-30-2011, 10:53
PSA has a industry forum over at ar15 where they post and answer questions.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_2/301_Palmetto_State_Armory.html

Now THAT, I didn't know. Thanks!

I tried signing up with ARFCOM a long time ago, but they never verified/activated my account. Guess I should look into that or try signing up again.

motorcyclist
11-30-2011, 18:28
Ordered my mid-length upper and a carbine on 11/12 from PSA. Did it as 2 seperate orders. Recieved the upper about a week later but no word about the carbine. Called Monday and left voice mail. Emailed them last night. Tonight about 6pm they call and tell me they have good news, bad news. I ask whats the bad news and he says your rifle will ship Friday. I asked what's the good news and said he saved 15% on his car insurance...no ****! I thought it was a bit odd. I advised him not to quit his day job and he laughed. Told me they were hung up waiting for buffers. At least they called me back.
The upper looks very nice, but I'm no judge not having owned a AR in almost 20 years. My mid-length is all assembled and waiting but I've had no time to get to the range. Found out today I'm needed on call again this weekend. Hope to shoot it very soon.

Chowser
11-30-2011, 22:45
Finally got around to putting my lower parts into a lower (the upper came fully assembled and I already tested it).

What do you know, the fire control group is missing. Oops. My fault for not having looked (I got it at the beginning of the month). Since I knew PSA was working round the clock to get orders from this weekend out (I just got shipping notice for another order), I emailed in and within an hour I got a response and they are sending the parts out tomorrow.

not worries, it'll get here before all the ammo i ordered gets here. (out of ammo at work, can't order till January, and I had to get some now, really really hate paying for my own ammo, but it's only 1500 rds)

powder86
12-01-2011, 08:53
i just ordered a complete m4 from them. looks good. and i had several emails back and forth with them and a phone call or two and i received excellent service.
only complaint, they never actually sent me tracking info for my gun. so it arrived right on time, but i didn't know it had been shipped til it arrived and i got the call from my gun shop

mhunter
12-01-2011, 11:36
i just ordered a complete m4 from them. looks good. and i had several emails back and forth with them and a phone call or two and i received excellent service.
only complaint, they never actually sent me tracking info for my gun. so it arrived right on time, but i didn't know it had been shipped til it arrived and i got the call from my gun shop

How long did it take? They FINALLY emailed me back. They originally told me "up to" (as in MAX) ten business days. Now it's "at least" 15-20 business days. Guess I'll see it sometime mid-January 2012...or even later... :upeyes:

TedG
12-01-2011, 12:02
How long did it take? They FINALLY emailed me back. They originally told me "up to" (as in MAX) ten business days. Now it's "at least" 15-20 business days. Guess I'll see it sometime mid-January 2012...or even later... :upeyes:

Wow. It sounds like everyone is out to get you. :rofl:

Jayock
12-01-2011, 13:30
I have a PSA that I built as a Kit, paired a PSA lower to get a full rifle. I can say that between my other rifles it is much better per dollar than any of the others I or my shooting buddies own. I've shot nicer, but the sticker was double the PSA. I've shot over 10,000 rounds through each of my rifles this year alone (yes... an unlimited membership to a very close gun club / range will drive you poor in ammo costs :). They have all been great, but the PSA was a better value.

I will say that waiting on something like an AR, which is such a sweet machine, would make me antsy too. Take comfort in the fact that the wait will be worth it.

I have a couple of friends, and I hope more soon, that I recommend buy a PSA kit and lower to build their AR. I offer my help, and feel that if they build it, even with my assistance, they are much better off with upgrades, maintenance, etc since they have a deeper understanding of the rifle's functionality.

But I also think DPMS deserves a reputation better than they have on the internet (below PSA though), so what do I know?

mhunter
12-01-2011, 13:33
Wow. It sounds like everyone is out to get you. :rofl:

Nope, just them. My FFL sent their info correctly.

Chowser
12-01-2011, 18:54
finally got it put together, sort of. still waiting on the fire control group, should be here monday, but the rest of it is together. took about an hour. no cursing. no scratches, no dents, etc. another case of ammo from PSA should be here tomorrow as well :)

feels good.

it's the 14.7" with pinned flash hider. #2554

will take a better picture with a real camera once i get the fcg.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7826/imag0579.jpg

WoodenPlank
12-01-2011, 19:05
finally got it put together, sort of. still waiting on the fire control group, should be here monday, but the rest of it is together. took about an hour. no cursing. no scratches, no dents, etc. another case of ammo from PSA should be here tomorrow as well :)

feels good.

it's the 14.7" with pinned flash hider. #2554

will take a better picture with a real camera once i get the fcg.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7826/imag0579.jpg

Nice looking setup. Personally, I'd bring that EO Tech back just a bit. I know it's designed to sit over the delta ring, but no reason to not bring it back on the rail a little bit unless youre going to squeeze a magnifier on there.

Chowser
12-01-2011, 19:21
I just stuck it on there to see how it would fit, once i get the trigger parts in, i will sight in the irons and then decide where i want to put the eotech, i won't be adding a magnifier. that's for my next build :) i was planning on getting an aimpoint pro, but since i use an eotech at work, i figured i'd use one at home as well.

WoodenPlank
12-01-2011, 19:44
I just stuck it on there to see how it would fit, once i get the trigger parts in, i will sight in the irons and then decide where i want to put the eotech, i won't be adding a magnifier. that's for my next build :) i was planning on getting an aimpoint pro, but since i use an eotech at work, i figured i'd use one at home as well.

Not a bad idea. Keeping the optic the same helps when you have an issued optic and a personal weapon.

mhunter
12-01-2011, 20:32
What's better for a good, general purpose optic for a first time AR owner? EOTech or Aimpoint PRO? I keep seeing these two especially mentioned over and over again and everyone seems to like them. So, if you could only have one...

machman
12-01-2011, 21:50

Looks like the price between these two is $70 now.

Anyone know the difference between the "A2 style barrel profile"(FN barrel) and the "medium barrel profile" on the other Dissy upper?

mhunter
12-01-2011, 21:54
The rifle I ordered is an M4A1 Standard Carbine. It looks like most any other "regular" AR carbine I've seen before. What's the difference from an A2 version? FWIW, it did say it had M4 style feed ramps. Don't all M4s? :dunno:

WoodenPlank
12-01-2011, 22:01
The rifle I ordered is an M4A1 Standard Carbine. It looks like most any other "regular" AR carbine I've seen before. What's the difference from an A2 version? FWIW, it did say it had M4 style feed ramps. Don't all M4s? :dunno:

All M4s do, but not all uppers do. I'm pretty sure I have run across cases with carbine gas uppers coming with rifle feed ramps from some companies. I believe LaRue still uses rifle ramps on their uppers and rifles, since they tend to not tear up the nose of the bullet as much.

mhunter
12-01-2011, 22:10
All M4s do, but not all uppers do. I'm pretty sure I have run across cases with carbine gas uppers coming with rifle feed ramps from some companies. I believe LaRue still uses rifle ramps on their uppers and rifles, since they tend to not tear up the nose of the bullet as much.

Okay, so what makes it an A1 versus A2?

WoodenPlank
12-01-2011, 22:17
Okay, so what makes it an A1 versus A2?

Couldn't tell you, really. The M4A1 has a heavier barrel than the M4, but there is no M4A2 in the military. No idea what the difference is through PSA.

machman
12-02-2011, 07:38
Did a little research and found some into on THR and AR15barrels.com There is no clear discriptive difference on this link between the A1 and A2, but its still useful info. Here is the AR15barrles.com link http://ar15barrels.com/gfx/profiles-bar.gif

The "medium" profile should be .750" under the handgaurd and forward of the FSB.

The "A2" profile should be .675" under the handgaurd and .750 forward of the FSB.

mhunter
12-02-2011, 08:22
How easy (or not) is it to change barrels in an upper? Does it require any special tools or machinery? They look like they thread right in, but I know it can't be that easy...

ColdBlooded
12-02-2011, 09:10
I don't know what the size of the A1/A2 profiles are, but what I found out about the Hammer Forged lightweight barrels PSA is using is the size of the barrel at the gas block is still .750". They just taper the barrel in front of the gas block as well. That is the only reason I did not purchase one. I would like a true pencil barrel of .625 at the FSB.

machman
12-02-2011, 10:36
I don't know what the size of the A1/A2 profiles are, but what I found out about the Hammer Forged lightweight barrels PSA is using is the size of the barrel at the gas block is still .750". They just taper the barrel in front of the gas block as well. That is the only reason I did not purchase one. I would like a true pencil barrel of .625 at the FSB.

Sounds like a "medium" profile barrel. This is what I prefer, so I am GTG on this one.

WoodenPlank
12-02-2011, 15:16
How easy (or not) is it to change barrels in an upper? Does it require any special tools or machinery? They look like they thread right in, but I know it can't be that easy...

You'll need a barrel nut wrench, upper receiver vice block, and vice at a minimum. A torque wrench and the appropriate adapter for your barrel nut seems like a good idea to me, to make sure your barrel nut is tightened to spec. Changing a barrel is the one thing I personally dont feel comfortable doing at this point.

mhunter
12-02-2011, 15:31
You'll need a barrel nut wrench, upper receiver vice block, and vice at a minimum. A torque wrench and the appropriate adapter for your barrel nut seems like a good idea to me, to make sure your barrel nut is tightened to spec. Changing a barrel is the one thing I personally dont feel comfortable doing at this point.

Thanks. Sounds like something an AR knowledgeable gunsmith could do pretty easily, if it were ever needed. I don't think I'll ever shoot out my barrel. And, if I want a different barrel? Just buy another upper! :whistling:

Gunnut 45/454
12-02-2011, 17:54
E-mailed them today about my order- replied with in hours! They had 3400 orders in the last couple of weeks. Orders will be processed as they were recieved- mine was towards the end of the sale so it will be longer then the 10 days they normally ship! Oh well I guess I should have gotten off my duff sooner! You snooze you loose! :crying:

HAIL CAESAR
12-02-2011, 20:08
My cheapy lowers are in the mail according to the email I got.

Chowser
12-02-2011, 20:55
I ordered ammo from PSA on Saturday. Got my ammo today. Ordered some parts yesterday, it'll be here Monday.
Other than the upper I ordered which took two weeks (they had to build it and test it) everything else I've ordered has usually shown up in a week or just over a week. They did have massive orders during black friday weekend.

IGotIt
12-02-2011, 21:56
My cheapy lowers are in the mail according to the email I got.

PSA email sent today said expect delivery to FFL 1-3 days, shipped priority.

Gunnut 45/454
12-03-2011, 01:01
Chowser
Yea I ordered my rifle Sunday!:whistling:

mhunter
12-03-2011, 16:48
Picked up a few 100rd bulk packs of Federal .223 55gr for $36ea today. All my new PMags are loaded. Hurry up PSA! Too late to tell me that's a crappy round to use for break-in... :rofl:

tripleL
12-04-2011, 10:27
What's the difference between the M4 Chrome Line Carbine and the M4A1 Standard Carbine? Which one is worth purchasing? Does anyone know how long these prices will last? Seems like a great deal.

mhunter
12-04-2011, 10:35
What's the difference between the M4 Chrome Line Carbine and the M4A1 Standard Carbine? Which one is worth purchasing? Does anyone know how long these prices will last? Seems like a great deal.

Good question. I've got a Standard Carbine on the way...

Gunnut 45/454
12-04-2011, 10:46
tripleL
By the spec's not much of a difference! Both chrome lined. Both 4150 steel I'd say nothing but the name is different!:supergrin:

glock031
12-04-2011, 11:24
Some interesting posts by PSA on page two and three in the link provided below. PSA explains why they can sell quality rifles/uppers/lowers at a good price and exactly when they started selling PSA uppers (april 2011). That they are one of the largest ammunition sellers in this country. Plus many new products to be released in the future including a PSA handgun! Good read.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/554937_SPIKES_vs_PALMETTO.html

mhunter
12-04-2011, 11:33
Some interesting posts by PSA on page two and three in the link provided below. PSA explains why they can sell quality rifles/uppers/lowers at a good price

Hope they don't get too big for their britches (in their own minds) and start bloating their prices. Then they'll be no better than most anyone else out there.

tripleL
12-04-2011, 11:45
tripleL
By the spec's not much of a difference! Both chrome lined. Both 4150 steel I'd say nothing but the name is different!:supergrin:

I just want to know why they are marked as different rifles. Which one should I buy? :supergrin: Also anyone know how long the $599 price point will last?

glock031
12-04-2011, 12:49
Hope they don't get too big for their britches (in their own minds) and start bloating their prices. Then they'll be no better than most anyone else out there.

They're already bigger than most people realize. I think thier prices will stay affordable as they deal in volume and sell directly to the customer without any middleman imposing a add on profit.

mhunter
12-04-2011, 12:57
They're already bigger than most people realize. I think thier prices will stay affordable as they deal in volume and sell directly to the customer without any middleman imposing a add on profit.

Yeah, I saw that about them being wholesale to the public when I read your link. I hope they stay that way. I just put in an order for a 420rd can of XM855.

powder86
12-04-2011, 15:42
just got my m4a1 out at the range yesterday for the first time. these guys did a great job. flawless.
great buy for 599. perhaps the best purchase i've ever made.

Murgatroy
12-04-2011, 17:22

The T1 markings on the upper are the only thing I can find different, otherwise the descriptions are the exact same.

That is why the M4 is $40 cheaper than the M4A1 best I can tell.

I have two lowers on their way, I will be buying a rifle kit and building a dedicated .22LR out of the other. PSA has the best prices of everything I can tell from a month of heavy research.

pbs357
12-04-2011, 20:53
Too bad the $999 deal is gone. I was going to give them a try but with Colt 6920s going for about $940 (then adding an Aimpoint PRO), the PSA would only be a $200 savings instead of $350.

Louisville Glocker
12-04-2011, 21:35
Too bad the $999 deal is gone. I was going to give them a try but with Colt 6920s going for about $940 (then adding an Aimpoint PRO), the PSA would only be a $200 savings instead of $350.

Yeah, I saw that 999 deal is now 1149. Glad I jumped on it a month and a half ago! (I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did).

But they still have a lot of good prices and give you plenty of flexibility to build your own for a good price.

Landric
12-04-2011, 23:40
PSA is great. Great products, great prices. Their shipping times tend to be a little slower than other places, but they are clear about that on the website. Plus, for what they charge and the quality, I'm willing to wait.

I have built two complete PSA rifles, a 16" mid-length gas dissipator, and a 20" government profile, both are excellent. Plus, I got a couple of $50 lowers from their last sale.

mhunter
12-05-2011, 07:54
Too bad the $999 deal is gone.

It wasn't that great of a "deal". Just buy the $599 M4 from PSA. I've seen Aimpoint PROs at Amazon for $400-450. From what I understand, the plastic Magpul backup sight on that combo deal is pretty much a disposable item anyway.

mvician
12-05-2011, 17:08
Taint nuttin wrong with a MBUS

HAIL CAESAR
12-05-2011, 17:46

Nope, nothing at all.

mhunter
12-05-2011, 18:08

Whatever... It doesn't really add that much "value" to the $999 combo anyway.

WoodenPlank
12-05-2011, 18:28
Whatever... It doesn't really add that much "value" to the $999 combo anyway.

It's a ~$60 sight that you got on the combo for free when it was still $999. That's a pretty decent value.

HAIL CAESAR
12-05-2011, 18:37
60 bucks is 60 bucks. If it ain't a big deal, sent the sight or money to me.

mhunter
12-05-2011, 18:41
It's a ~$60 sight that you got on the combo for free when it was still $999. That's a pretty decent value.

You don't get anything for "free". I'd rather use the $60 towards something of my choosing...

GSSF17
12-05-2011, 18:58
You don't get anything for "free". I'd rather use the $60 towards something of my choosing...

Fine. Hate it then. More for me, Plank and Ceaser.

I got an MBUS on 3 of my ARs.

mhunter
12-05-2011, 19:01

Fine...good for you...wanna cookie or something? I got a PSA rifle on the way without one AND I didn't have to pay for it. :wavey:

GSSF17
12-05-2011, 19:06
Fine...good for you...wanna cookie or something? I got a PSA rifle on the way without one AND I didn't have to pay for it. :wavey:

You are the only one that thinks it's a waste sir. The rest of us do not. That's the point that several were trying to make. Glad you got what you wanted. Enjoy your PSA.

HAIL CAESAR
12-05-2011, 19:11
Oh, good LORD......:upeyes:

mhunter
12-05-2011, 19:18
You are the only one that thinks it's a waste sir.

Really? You have solid ground to vouch for that claim regarding every single poster in this thread aside from me? :upeyes:

GSSF17
12-05-2011, 19:22
Really? You have solid ground to vouch for that claim regarding every single poster in this thread aside from me? :upeyes:

you win, guy!:dunno: Angry dude in the midst.....just let him cling on to whatever it is. Dang.

Topic resume......

WoodenPlank
12-05-2011, 19:33

The only reason I don't use MBUS is because I prefer HK-style front sights, and I can't stand having mismatched BUIS. Otherwise, I would happily be using them, as I prefer the spring loaded, pop-up design.

Don't really see anyone agreeing with you so far. :whistling:

mhunter
12-05-2011, 19:47
Don't really see anyone agreeing with you so far. :whistling:

How about YOU, yourself? You flat out said you don't want them on your setup because that rear sight doesn't fit YOUR needs. :upeyes:

catalyst686
12-06-2011, 04:54
I'm a little upset with palmetto, I ordered a lpk, premium build kit, and 4 mags about 8 days ago, a shipping label was created on monday, but nothing was ever sent out. I got a UPS notification to expect my package on 12-6. I just got another shipping notification saying "due to certain circumstances your package will not be arriving on time, expect to have it on 12-8. I know it's just a few days difference but I thought they could have handled it a bit better. I also ordered a lower when they had that sale going on last week and I haven't received any update on when that's going to be sent out.

mvician
12-06-2011, 05:02
ah yes, the age of instant gratification..................

Chowser
12-06-2011, 09:26

:rofl:

wow, lots of impatient people out here today. just had one lady yelling at me this weekend, I WANT TO GET OUT NOW!!! Well, I'm sorry, it's sunday morning at 1am, no judge is awake to give you a bond, maybe after church is over, he'll get to his email, but i'll be asleep, i'm back at 6pm, i'll see if he emailed me what your bond is. :crying:

PSA had thousands of orders over Thanksgiving weekend and they are running extra shifts to try and keep up. They print labels when they can, but they still need to pack everything up and get it to UPS. My rifle kit took about 2.5 weeks, everything else about a week, but this was before the sale.

---
to date, PSA has been very good to me. They forgot the FCG from my kit (back in October and I finally got around to building it now) and I emailed in and they got the parts out next day.
Now I just need to find the time to put in the FCG, then I can go shoot some more (already slapped the upper on one of our work rifles and it worked fine, even on full auto)

IGotIt
12-06-2011, 09:50

mhunter
12-06-2011, 09:55
I'm a little upset with palmetto, I ordered a lpk, premium build kit, and 4 mags about 8 days ago, a shipping label was created on monday, but nothing was ever sent out. I got a UPS notification to expect my package on 12-6. I just got another shipping notification saying "due to certain circumstances your package will not be arriving on time, expect to have it on 12-8. I know it's just a few days difference but I thought they could have handled it a bit better. I also ordered a lower when they had that sale going on last week and I haven't received any update on when that's going to be sent out.

You're just going to have to wait. I ordered a complete rifle the day before Thanksgiving and I probably won't see it until January. They said *at least* 15-20 business days.

hvyhawler
12-06-2011, 10:22
I ordered one on Nov. 11th. Have email shipping tracking order. Emailed psa and they said it would ship on tue or wed. I knew they were busy and I know it will get here when they get it built. I cannot say anything bad about them as they replied soon after recieving my emails. They are busy and i'm sure they want to get them out as soon as possible.

tripleL
12-07-2011, 16:31
I think I'm going to order the standard M4 this weekend. I'm pretty pumped; sounds like nothing but good things from them!

HAIL CAESAR
12-07-2011, 17:01
I got my lowers in Monday. I will say the holes are were they should be and the finish was nice. The PSA lowers were actually A LOT nicer than the Noveske lowers I got in last month.

IGotIt
12-07-2011, 17:34
I just returned from my FFL with my new lowers... Hang on y'all, you'll get your stuff.

machman
12-07-2011, 20:31
I think I'm going to order the standard M4 this weekend. I'm pretty pumped; sounds like nothing but good things from them!

I plan on ordering a Dissipator upper too.

I got my lowers in Monday. I will say the holes are were they should be and the finish was nice. The PSA lowers were actually A LOT nicer than the Noveske lowers I got in last month.

Awesome. Glad to hear that.

craig19
12-07-2011, 21:33
I picked up my stripped lower yesterday and put it together, everything was easy, and great fit. Only thing that sucked was the Magpul grip screw, that was a pain. I just got word my upper shipped today and should be here on Friday. The upper was ordered on Thanksgiving and the lower and parts kit the week before.

glock031
12-07-2011, 22:38
I picked up my stripped lower yesterday and put it together, everything was easy, and great fit. Only thing that sucked was the Magpul grip screw, that was a pain. I just got word my upper shipped today and should be here on Friday. The upper was ordered on Thanksgiving and the lower and parts kit the week before.

Yea that yellow thread locker is hard like epoxy. I burned most of it off using a lighter. Grip screws went in much easier afterwards.

Louisville Glocker
12-08-2011, 19:50
Got my 420 can of, .556 ammo. Ordered it Thurs night, got UPS notification Mon evening. They got it to UPS Tues evening, and it made it to me Thursday. (Louisville). So six days basically - because I essentially ordered Friday morning.

Excited to try out the green tip ammo. (Lake City ) $139.99 plus 10 shipping.
http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/images/2251.jpg

gryphthemyth
12-09-2011, 02:09
I've built several rifles using palmetto parts. The only thing I didn't like was the fire control springs felt really weak. However, having said that, it has not caused any function problems that I know of (I sell most of my builds when done).

madecov
12-09-2011, 18:02
Got my two lowers from the sale.
They look as good as all the others I have gotten.

Overall one of the best deals going.

mhunter
12-09-2011, 18:15
Well, nice surprise... Got an email with tracking info for my rifle. It hasn't been picked up yet as they just generated a label. But, at least it's nice to get some kind of an update.

caviteno_loco
12-09-2011, 18:31
Ordered a complete 16" upper on 11/25/11 and it is in my doorstep today.

IMO, that's a decent time frame. Considering they have like thousands of orders during the thanksgiving sale :cool:

TsunamiMike
12-09-2011, 20:24
Bought a complete rifle on 12/6 and have tracking info for Wednesday delivery to my ffl. Psa made my day!

craig19
12-09-2011, 21:09
My complete upper arrived today, it is really nice, I can't wait to try it out. I'm pretty happy with PSA, good products, prices and customer service.

caviteno_loco
12-10-2011, 05:19
Pic of my all PSA Rifle

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x87/bluetb06/Fireworks/SAM_0139.jpg

tripleL
12-10-2011, 08:25
If I order 2 complete rifles today, what do you think the ETA would be on delivery (to NC)?

GSSF17
12-10-2011, 08:37
Got a phone call yesterday from them saying they are still behind on emails, but were letting me know my lowers I ordered on black friday would ship monday. They apologized and thanked me for my patience. Class act move. :thumbsup:

mhunter
12-10-2011, 09:13
If I order 2 complete rifles today, what do you think the ETA would be on delivery (to NC)?

Ask Palmetto. They're the source and can be more accurate than any of us can...if you get them to respond and/or get through on the phone...

scromer
12-10-2011, 09:37
I've been doing business with Palmetto for about a year and a half now. The largest ticket item I have purchased was a 20 inch upper with FN barrel. They are knowledgeable, helpful, and trying to do things the right way as they grow. They own up to mistakes publicly, and fix them.

My only coaching for PSA would be to look into their enterprise business system and how it "talks" to the UPS system. The shipping label with tracking number is generated when the order is entered into PSA's system. In many cases the order may not ship for 10-14 days. In this age of online commerce, that causes a lot of consternation........

I would rather get an email that acknowledges the receipt of my order. And then not get the tracking number until the actual day of shipment.

My $0.02 worth.....

TedG
12-10-2011, 09:47

Yeah. It amazes me as to how critical people can get over such miniscule bumps in their road.

It's the industry standard that most suppliers offer faster shipping if you're willing to pay more. Oh, you don't want to pay more? Hmmmm......

Remember the old saying:

...You can have quality.
...You can have it inexpensive.
...You can have it fast.

Pick 2.

:upeyes:

mhunter
12-10-2011, 10:28
Yeah. It amazes me as to how critical people can get over such miniscule bumps in their road.

It's the industry standard that most suppliers offer faster shipping if you're willing to pay more. Oh, you don't want to pay more? Hmmmm......

Remember the old saying:

...You can have quality.
...You can have it inexpensive.
...You can have it fast.

Pick 2.

:upeyes:

It's not the shipping method, dude. It's GETTING to that point. There is a difference. :upeyes:

mhunter
12-10-2011, 10:31
The shipping label with tracking number is generated when the order is entered into PSA's system. In many cases the order may not ship for 10-14 days.

I hope that's not the case with mine. I ordered almost three weeks ago and if they just got around to entering the order? That is NOT me being impatient. That is simply unforgivable, ahem, "service" on their part. :steamed:

TedG
12-10-2011, 10:38
It's not the shipping method, dude. It's GETTING to that point. There is a difference. :upeyes:

Boo hoo hoo, dude.

mhunter
12-10-2011, 10:57
Boo hoo hoo, dude.

Whatever... Not my fault you can't make the distinction...

HAIL CAESAR
12-10-2011, 11:35
Everybody is having sales and are way behind. Add in the christmas shipping glut and everything is extremely behind. It will be ok.

craig19
12-10-2011, 14:33
I hope that's not the case with mine. I ordered almost three weeks ago and if they just got around to entering the order? That is NOT me being impatient. That is simply unforgivable, ahem, "service" on their part. :steamed:

I emailed them about my upper and they got back to me a couple of days later, why not email them? They told me the shipping label is generated when the order is placed, and they sent the number to the customer, then they build the rifle, upper, lower, what have you, which could take 10-14 days. I ordered my upper on Thanksgiving and it showed up yesterday.

craig19
12-10-2011, 14:34
My only coaching for PSA would be to look into their enterprise business system and how it "talks" to the UPS system. The shipping label with tracking number is generated when the order is entered into PSA's system. In many cases the order may not ship for 10-14 days. In this age of online commerce, that causes a lot of consternation........

I would rather get an email that acknowledges the receipt of my order. And then not get the tracking number until the actual day of shipment.

My $0.02 worth.....

Agreed, I think people think their order is going to ship as soon as they get that email, when in fact it may be a week or so later.

mhunter
12-10-2011, 14:39
They told me the shipping label is generated when the order is placed, and they sent the number to the customer, then they build the rifle, upper, lower, what have you, which could take 10-14 days.

Well, that sunshine they blew up your you-know-what sure isn't always true. I ordered my rifle weeks ago and just got that shipping label email yesterday. :upeyes: