anyone carry a G35 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : anyone carry a G35

huggytree
11-20-2011, 17:54
i went shooting again today w/ my new G27 and old G19....im getting better w/ my G27, but no where near as good as i can speed shoot my G19

im getting used to the kick after 300 rounds, and sometimes i can hit the metal target 7 out of 9 x.....but many times its 4x out of 9x.....i take my G19 and i can hit 13x out of 15x and do it faster...sometimes i hit all 15x!!

ANYWAYS....i went home and tried my G35 in my new blackwidow OWB holster...it fit and concealed almost as good...if i bend over the barrel sticks out of the bottom of my shirt and the bottom end of the gun protrudes totally showing the gun, but just walking around it doesnt show any more than my G27 does

i have a Kingtuk IWB holster coming this week and may consider carrying a 5" barrel G35 in it.....is it silly to carry a long barrel gun CCW? anyone else carry a Practical Tactical CCW?

is it difficult to draw such a long barrel?

EAJuggalo
11-20-2011, 19:09
The concern I would have is whether the front sight is going to be caught on the edge of the holster if it wasn't designed for that gun. IIRC correctly the barrel length of a 35 is only 1/2 inch longer than the 22 with the same grip size, so I wouldn't have a problem with it. I carry a G21SF all winter. What distance and what size target were you aiming at? If it's a fairly small target than I wouldn't worry about the accuracy, the average distance in a LE engagement is 11 feet I believe.

huggytree
11-20-2011, 21:38
my blackwidow fits all my glocks...the barrel end goes through the holster...so the barrel could be 12" and it would still fit....

i was shooting at a metal 1/2 size silouette @ 10-15 yards...i moved back and forth w/ distance...

Bodyarmorguy
11-20-2011, 21:48
Brevard County (FL) Sheriffs Office was issuing the G35 to the Deputies assigned to SWAT and they were carrying them in duty holsters. I could be wrong but I think that they are now issued two pistols, a G22 for uniform duty and a G35 in their call-out bag. Again, not sure the current practice.

HarleyGuy
11-21-2011, 00:20
I have a G-34 (9mm) but I haven't carried it concealed.

For me, the issue isn't barrel length it's the grip length that makes a large gun harder to conceal (at least for me).

I have semi-autos with 3", 4"almost, 5", 6" and 7" barrels but once you stick 'em down your pants the barrel disappears.:supergrin:

Another issue that is when you use either an IWB or an OWB you have to have a cover garment to drape over the gun so size isn't a big issue.

This time of the year sweaters, sweatshirts and jackets can sure cover a lot of gun.

kgjl
11-21-2011, 03:23
I have a 26, 19, and a 34. I carry the biggest one I can hide with what I am wearing that day. The 34 don't get out much in the Summer. An MTAC slide does it all, however I do have leather for the 19 and 26.

Mark9Fogger
11-21-2011, 09:30
Rarely do I CC my G35. I have a Sky High holster from High Noon Holsters and a MTAC and paddle slide holster from Comp-Tac to hold it if I have to carry it. One of my supervisors, however, carries his G35 on duty and off all the time. He tried to convince me to do the same, but failed. :tongueout:

Mayhem like Me
11-21-2011, 10:01
I carry a g35 every day with surfire attached at work I also have an off duty rig a local guy made for me in kydex and wear it off duty from time to time.