M&P45 compact grip size vs. G19/23 grip size [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : M&P45 compact grip size vs. G19/23 grip size

djl240
11-21-2011, 15:46
Alright fellas, I need some help. After deciding to rid myself of the .40 caliber through and through to stick with just 9mm and 45, I think I have finally decided on the m&p45 compact. I love the look and ergo's of the m&p, and I loved the few I've gotten to shoot. Just one problem. I haven't had a chance to handle the 45c yet. My local toy shop doesn't have any in stock at the moment. I have medium hands and I love the grip size of the 19/23/32 glocks. For those who have both, how would you compare the 45c grip (with the smallest interchangeable grip installed) size to the compact glock frames? I really want to love this m&p45c, so I'd like some feedback from someone who has spend time with both the glocks and the m&p45. Thanks!!

federali
11-22-2011, 17:48
I just acquired an M&P .456 ACP. but not the compact version, Yet, I think I can help as it's the gun's thickness more so than its length and height that determines east and comfort of concealability. Compared to my G19 Glock, the M&P is a heavier, wider and beefier gun. The G19 will conceal more easily and should be more comfortable to carry for most people.

I don't have many rounds yet through my M&P but it's highly controllable and I find it easier to shoot than my Browning HP.