Mission for WI Glockers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mission for WI Glockers

EAJuggalo
11-22-2011, 08:19
Now that the carry law has been in effect for a few weeks and quite a few of you have your licenses it's time to start fighting back against businesses that post. Most chains that have locations outside of WI and IL will not post, if you see a posting at one of these locations call and ask to speak to a manager, take notes on the conversation and then write an email to the corporate headquarters. That will almost always get the sign taken down quickly. Do the same for franchisees but don't expect to be successful quite as much. For smaller operations generally just a conversation and the dropping of a no guns=no money card will work.

Every battle will not be won and some places will always be posted but use the law and the numbers on your side. If there are going to be 50,000 badgers carrying by christmas, that is a lot of buying power. And your law is beautiful in that it indemnifies businesses who allow carry so the insurance argument just doesn't work. Post about your successes and your failures, on both national and local gun boards. A business might change their mind if a significant percentage of that 50,000 takes their business elsewhere,

edthecat
11-22-2011, 15:53
Now that the carry law has been in effect for a few weeks and quite a few of you have your licenses it's time to start fighting back against businesses that post. Most chains that have locations outside of WI and IL will not post, if you see a posting at one of these locations call and ask to speak to a manager, take notes on the conversation and then write an email to the corporate headquarters. That will almost always get the sign taken down quickly. Do the same for franchisees but don't expect to be successful quite as much. For smaller operations generally just a conversation and the dropping of a no guns=no money card will work.

Every battle will not be won and some places will always be posted but use the law and the numbers on your side. If there are going to be 50,000 badgers carrying by christmas, that is a lot of buying power. And your law is beautiful in that it indemnifies businesses who allow carry so the insurance argument just doesn't work. Post about your successes and your failures, on both national and local gun boards. A business might change their mind if a significant percentage of that 50,000 takes their business elsewhere,

Honestly, I've been carrying whenever possible since 11/9...my work has a policy against it, and I like to frequent a tavern from time to time, so I can't always carry. That said, I've been to a lot of different stores/establishments in the last two weeks, and I have yet to see anybody post anything, not even at the bars I do visit. Kudos to them. I am aware that the local malls have posted in Madison, but who goes to the mall any more anyway??

huggytree
11-22-2011, 18:39
only seen 1 no carry sign so far and it was the Milwaukee Zoo

should i boycott the Zoo?

vista461
11-22-2011, 21:44
I think its funny that I see schools posted. You can't carry in there anyway, per the law.

tommytrauma
11-23-2011, 14:25
In one of my jobs, I work in downtown Madison. So far the only places I've seen posted are office buildings owned by Rifkin (in one instance to my knowledge in direct violation of the lease holder's wish) and the Great Dane pub. I expected to see quite a few more.

imjin138
11-23-2011, 17:33
I have seen a few in Racine but not many Ifit is a store I will probably boycott it I don't normally go to bars. I work in a prison and I know I can't carry there but they did put out a policy on it any way.