NJ Cities get what they ask for. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NJ Cities get what they ask for.

A6Gator
11-22-2011, 09:35
NJ cities layoff LE and find crime on the rise. I'm shocked, just shocked...:shocked:

http://newsok.com/ap-nj-cop-layoffs-cut-arrests-for-minor-offenses/article/feed/319431

Ajon412
11-22-2011, 09:47
Gee, who'd a thunk....:dunno:... As they say, in life you get what you pay for. Unfortunately, the law abiding residents of these Cites have to suffer the consequences.....

opelwasp
11-22-2011, 17:31
No, you are looking at it all wrong. Now that there are less cops, there is less crime. See, the statistics prove it. Arrests are down, there's your proof.:wow:

banger
11-22-2011, 18:16
Wait....

This can't be....

"Strict" gun laws make us safe....Don't they?:dunno:

I guess I'll have to go back and ask my "liberal friends".

After all, the politicians have been telling us for generations back here that if we don't have strict gun law, it will turn into the "wild west", where anyone could carry a gun, and that would be DANGEROUS!

G22Dude
11-22-2011, 19:38
Please every day in Newark alone folks are getting carjacked. Shootings have increased drastically. Its a freaking war zone in Essex, Passaic, Mercer, and parts of Union county.

CAcop
11-22-2011, 21:21
Oakland was bad before the layoffs. Now they are ****ed. OWS hasn't helped either. They are on track to have a murder every three days this year with less than 500K pop.

Hack
11-22-2011, 23:08
More reason than ever to carry a gun with me in cities.

wjv
11-22-2011, 23:42
Next week they will discover that if they lay off firemen, more homes will burn down. . . .

lawman800
11-23-2011, 00:02
How about laying off the politicians? Less law... so the amount of laws being broken will go down.

GENIUS!

(Vote for me in 2012)

The-Fly
11-23-2011, 01:53
More reason than ever to carry a gun with me in cities.

I only wish us civilians had that option when visiting certain states :sad:

Not LE's fault by any means, just a frustration on my part.

m2hmghb
11-23-2011, 02:03

Try living there.

lawman800
11-23-2011, 02:28

Be happy that with leosa, at least the chances of having armed friendlies in the area is a little higher. How much I can't say but it's gotta be better than befote leosa.

MarcDW
11-23-2011, 02:29
Problem does not end there.
Here in southern Maine the DA is so overworked that good cases get dropped because they don't get to them!

Brucev
11-23-2011, 07:50
Don't know what is the situation in NJ. In my area the tax burden on property owners is probably not as high. Essential services are not yet being cut. But it does seem that the very first thing that is looked at are teachers, police and firemen when a budget crunch develops. Cutting taxes is always a popular line during the lead-up to an election. There is always the attendant demonetization of those teachers, police and firemen as they are described as making to much money, milking the system, etc. But the reality is that such cutting of taxes never really addresses waste, etc. It usually just ends up being borne by those who are not to blame for the problems. Public servants are not the enemy of property owners. Many of them are property owners who pay the same taxes that others complain about. It's not unlike a pastor who tithes his salary to support the budget of the church he serves. I will say again, public servants are not the enemy. They are not the ones who are burdening and straining the budgets of local governments. They provide services that are essential to the community. But those who make the budget decisions are not going to give themselves a pink slip.

m2hmghb
11-23-2011, 08:30
Don't know what is the situation in NJ. In my area the tax burden on property owners is probably not as high. Essential services are not yet being cut. But it does seem that the very first thing that is looked at are teachers, police and firemen when a budget crunch develops. Cutting taxes is always a popular line during the lead-up to an election. There is always the attendant demonetization of those teachers, police and firemen as they are described as making to much money, milking the system, etc. But the reality is that such cutting of taxes never really addresses waste, etc. It usually just ends up being borne by those who are not to blame for the problems. Public servants are not the enemy of property owners. Many of them are property owners who pay the same taxes that others complain about. It's not unlike a pastor who tithes his salary to support the budget of the church he serves. I will say again, public servants are not the enemy. They are not the ones who are burdening and straining the budgets of local governments. They provide services that are essential to the community. But those who make the budget decisions are not going to give themselves a pink slip.

You don't live here, you dont know the situation here, so why bother commenting on something you admit you know nothing about? People are leaving the state like you would not believe, those who are staying are moving out of the cities reducing the tax level, the ones who stay in the city are the ones who cannot afford to move or the criminals. It's rather simplistic but true.

A6Gator
11-23-2011, 08:57
Problem does not end there.
Here in southern Maine the DA is so overworked that good cases get dropped because they don't get to them!

Sounds like they need to work past noon... I have a couple buds that live up that way, and it's not like people in Maine don't pay taxes out the wazoo for the privilege of living there.

eaglefrq
11-23-2011, 09:03
Come on now, this is great news. Just do the standard liberal thing, and read the part that you want and ignore everything else.

CAMDEN, N.J. (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Camden+%28New+Jersey%29&CATEGORY=CITY) (AP) Police in five New Jersey (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=New+Jersey&CATEGORY=STATE) cities where departments have had deep layoffs are making fewer arrests.

Obviously, by having less police officers, there is less crime! :whistling:

Ajon412
11-23-2011, 12:52
Please every day in Newark alone folks are getting carjacked. Shootings have increased drastically. Its a freaking war zone in Essex, Passaic, Mercer, and parts of Union county.

Don't forget to mention places like Irvington and East Orange that keep SPEN busy just about every night.....And it's not only the citizens of these cities that are victims of crimes, but off duty coppers are getting "jacked" as well....It's beyond "out of control"......

razdog76
11-23-2011, 15:57
Less law... so the amount of laws being broken will go down.
(Vote for me in 2012)

That could be the new TEA party motto.:whistling:

fla2760
11-23-2011, 17:28
Don't forget to mention places like Irvington and East Orange that keep SPEN busy just about every night.....And it's not only the citizens of these cities that are victims of crimes, but off duty coppers are getting "jacked" as well....It's beyond "out of control"...... Absolutely.

4949shooter
11-23-2011, 17:40
Don't forget to mention places like Irvington and East Orange that keep SPEN busy just about every night.....

"Knock it off North Bergen.."

igor
11-23-2011, 18:47
AND IM SURE THAT TEH MORALE OF THE REMANING OFFICERS IS VERY HIGH ALSO.
luckly i can go armed when visiting bergan county thanks to hr 218. but i like the pols being laid off

AngryBassets
11-23-2011, 20:41
You don't live here, you dont know the situation here, so why bother commenting on something you admit you know nothing about? People are leaving the state like you would not believe, those who are staying are moving out of the cities reducing the tax level, the ones who stay in the city are the ones who cannot afford to move or the criminals. It's rather simplistic but true.

I approve of this post.

Come on now, this is great news. Just do the standard liberal thing, and read the part that you want and ignore everything else.

CAMDEN, N.J. (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Camden+%28New+Jersey%29&CATEGORY=CITY) (AP) Police in five New Jersey (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=New+Jersey&CATEGORY=STATE) cities where departments have had deep layoffs are making fewer arrests.

Obviously, by having less police officers, there is less crime! :whistling:

I work about 5 miles from Camden. I'm not exaggerating...it's a combination of Night of the Living Dead, Blackhawk Down and Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.

You have those towns up there, too?
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn192/TacticalFats/Forum/jump.gif

4949shooter
11-23-2011, 20:51
You have those towns up there, too?
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn192/TacticalFats/Forum/jump.gif

Haha...yep. :supergrin:

AngryBassets
11-23-2011, 21:01
I haven't heard a SPEN broadcast in years...we went to Countywide dispatch (old skool UHF, analog repeater system. Took the VHF's out of the cars. I should probably put it in the scanner in my car, for the 2 hours a month I'm actually in it now.

Ajon412
11-24-2011, 04:59

:rofl::rofl:......Hear that just about every night....

4949shooter
11-24-2011, 05:04
:rofl::rofl:......Hear that just about every night....

:supergrin:

Ajon412
11-25-2011, 11:49
Don't forget to mention places like Irvington and East Orange that keep SPEN busy just about every night.....And it's not only the citizens of these cities that are victims of crimes, but off duty coppers are getting "jacked" as well....It's beyond "out of control"......

Just as a follow-up.....Last night Newark PD reported yet another carjacking (Porsche Cayenne). This time, the perps were traveling in a "pack" of 5 cars. One of the perps cars was occupied 5 times and ALL WERE ARMED WITH HANDGUNS (I know, what a surprise)...As the dispatcher stated, "They were running 5 deep".....Even he was shocked, so shocked that he repeated the fact that the perps were traveling in a "caravan" of 5 vehicles.....:shocked: