Is it me or Midway? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or Midway?

twag4
11-22-2011, 15:50
I have tried to order Ranier lead safe plated round nose 115g 9mm bullets from Midway the last four times they were on sale. I have asked to be put on back order for them and have yet to be contacted about them being in stock. Today, I get their black Friday of the day, Tuesday Nov22 one day only email. It includes these same Ranier bullets for 69.99 for 1000 for one day only. Good deal so I goto the web site to order and guess what? Not in stock and no backorders. I call them and they tell me they are out because they had to fulfill all of the previous backorders on the same product. I have spent thousands of dollars with Midway, and they no longer have me on a back order list and they will not put me on a backorder list for this sale either for this particular product. They do have them by the 100, 500, and 4000 but not at the sale price. They get them in bulk and repackage them at their location according to the person I talked to. But, they will not just repackage any of those amounts to fulfill a potential order for me, a long time loyal customer. Their shipping charges suck, their inventory is pitiful, and they do nothing to take care of a long time and loyal customer. Larry P. can kiss it. I will not spend another penny with this utterly useless company. If any of you know Larry, ask him why they continuously place items on sale that they do not have in their inventory? They did it for the month of November on Glock magazines too.

WiskyT
11-22-2011, 16:19
It's not you. I've had similar situations when trying to put an order togeather. I never get to close the deal because something is always backordered and their backorder policy sucks. Try Graffs, T and T, and Weideners.

Hedo1
11-22-2011, 16:28
I have the same problem with Midway. They tun these great ads and then everything is out of stock or backordered. I kind of avoid them anymore just for that reason. They used to be a lot better about stuff like this.

twag4
11-22-2011, 16:57
Immediately after submitting the original post I placed an order with Powder Valley for 1000 9mm RN plated Berry's bullets. They are in stock and the normal price is $1.50 less per 1000. I will not be darkening the doorway of Midway-so to speak- with any more orders of any kind. I liked them because of their huge line of products, but what good is it when they dont have everything they advertise?

twag4
11-22-2011, 16:59
Try Graffs, T and T, and Weideners.

I will, and thanks. I just looked up T and T on google, and nothing. Do you have a link?

WiskyT
11-22-2011, 17:51
I will, and thanks. I just looked up T and T on google, and nothing. Do you have a link?

http://www.tntreloading.com/

They are very mom and pop. Eccentric in a way at times. You could call and literally be asked to call back later because the husband is working on the tractor. BUT, they do have good prices and I have never felt blown-off by them. Just be a little patient and bear in mind that it is not some big corporation like Midway. There phone number could be BR549:supergrin:

Steve Koski
11-22-2011, 17:58
Midway does send me a happy birthday email every year.

rpgman
11-22-2011, 18:30
Midway does send me a happy birthday email every year.

Yep got that today

BK63
11-22-2011, 18:35
Immediately after submitting the original post I placed an order with Powder Valley for 1000 9mm RN plated Berry's bullets. They are in stock and the normal price is $1.50 less per 1000. I will not be darkening the doorway of Midway-so to speak- with any more orders of any kind. I liked them because of their huge line of products, but what good is it when they dont have everything they advertise?

All I can say is I've always had good luck with Powder Valley.

G36_Me
11-22-2011, 19:13
I like Larry. He sponsors my TV shows. so.... ha
ya, they're out of stock alot. so are other people.

dbarry
11-22-2011, 19:24
http://www.tntreloading.com/

...There phone number could be BR549:supergrin:

...why did u leave me backordered all alone
I searched the www over and thought i found boo-its

:O_

WiskyT
11-22-2011, 20:29
Yep got that today

Don't hold your breath waiting for C4W to wish you a happy birthday.

rpgman
11-23-2011, 05:11
Don't hold your breath waiting for C4W to wish you a happy birthday.

Lol. I wasn't

XDRoX
11-23-2011, 08:06
The thing that bugs me about midway is that when ever I find a coupon code which is rare, like $10 off $100, it's almost impossible to use. Because its no good for sale items and everything is always on sale. Lame sales as well, like $1 off something. But because it's one sale it doesn't count toward my $100. I once put 4 things in a basket and all 4 where on some little sale so none of them counted for my coupon code.

Plus, they should at least offer a gratuitous reach around with their shipping charges.

dkf
11-23-2011, 08:18
I've noticed that items are always on backorder also. Its pretty much impossible to order everything you need because several things on the list are on backorder.