case lube [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : case lube

cgrivois
11-22-2011, 20:49
I went from a Lee Pro1000 which I never felt the need to use case lube for staight wall pistol to a 550B and brought my Lee dies with it. If I dont use case lube sizing takes alot more effort than I remember on my Pro 1000. If I use lube, it runs slick. Anyone else feel the need to use case lube for pistol?

XDRoX
11-22-2011, 21:24
I went from a Lee Pro1000 which I never felt the need to use case lube for staight wall pistol to a 550B and brought my Lee dies with it. If I dont use case lube sizing takes alot more effort than I remember on my Pro 1000. If I use lube, it runs slick. Anyone else feel the need to use case lube for pistol?

Lots of guys around here lube. Some every round, some just every 3rd or 5th round.

Personally I've never seen the need. Especially on a 550b. Do you have a strong mount and roller handle. They'll do wonders for leverage.

Boxerglocker
11-22-2011, 21:56
I just place my brass on an old cookie sheet and spray lightly with Horandy One Shot lube... dry for a minute and throw brass in the case feeder.
I'm a huge proponent of lubing even pistol brass, makes a big difference IMHO. I don't tumble the HOS off for finished pistol rounds.... rifle I lube for sizing and trimming then tumble prior to running it through the actual loading process.

Colorado4Wheel
11-22-2011, 22:02
Lube is good.

cgrivois
11-22-2011, 22:15
Yes to the mount and roller handle. Just thought it was odd at the difference in the amount of force required between the old P1000 and 550.

Lots of guys around here lube. Some every round, some just every 3rd or 5th round.

Personally I've never seen the need. Especially on a 550b. Do you have a strong mount and roller handle. They'll do wonders for leverage.

Colorado4Wheel
11-22-2011, 23:40
Read the manual and make sure everything is adjusted right. Especially the die setup section. I owned a LM before and it was more effort then the 550.