National Reciprocity Law questions.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : National Reciprocity Law questions....

Toorop
11-23-2011, 00:00
What national organizations are supporting this bill? I know the NRA is but what other national organizations are supporting it? Are any other political groups supporting it? What about law enforcement organizations? I ask because it seems like none of the other organizations are even talking about this?

Lee-online
11-23-2011, 06:08
GOA supports it. Larry Pratt was on C-span last weekend talking about it.

EAJuggalo
11-23-2011, 07:25
All of the LE orgs that I've seen are against it because their political masters are against it. As well as the usual Brady nuts.

Jerry C
11-23-2011, 08:01
GOA supports it. Larry Pratt was on C-span last weekend talking about it.

Goa must have changed their minds on hr 822. In the news letter I got from them they were against hr 822 and in favor of hr 2900.

Oramac
11-23-2011, 11:58
Goa must have changed their minds on hr 822. In the news letter I got from them they were against hr 822 and in favor of hr 2900.

True. I'd seen the same info. Apparently they're now for HR822.

cowboy1964
11-23-2011, 13:31
http://gunowners.org/a111411.htm
GOA's statements are flawed. For example, that HR822 would "force" Vermont into a permit system.

Donn57
11-23-2011, 17:19
Doesn't really matter. Dirty Harry will never let it come to a vote in the Senate.

redbaron007
11-23-2011, 19:51
The biggest push is from the NRA. The GOA has been curiously non-committed.

:wavey:

red

Acujeff
11-23-2011, 20:22
Supporters of HR 822:

Buckeye Firearms Association
The Patriot Post
Gun Owners Action League (GOAL)

HarleyGuy
11-23-2011, 20:52
The biggest push is from the NRA. The GOA has been curiously non-committed.

:wavey:

red

I hope I'm not being too judgemental, or pehaps even paranoid, but it seems to me that a lot of people and some pro-gun groups are pefectly content to sit on the sidelines and do nothing while the NRA and it's measly 4 million members pull the load for them.

In some cases, they even complain and criticize the NRA for attempting to pass legislation (H.R.822) that would benefit (in one way or another) every person in the U.S. that has a concealed carry license.

Opposition to to this legislation should be expected from anti-gun organizations but not from other pro-gun organizations and individuals.

The rationalization that this will give the federal more power over concealed carry laws, or encourage more anti-gun legislation doesn't hold water.

The NRA has successfully (with the help of many true friends) ushered this bill through the House.

The Democratic gun owners will now have the opportunity to see just how pro-gun the Senate Majority Leader (Harry Reid) really is.

It's also time for all pro-gun organizations to work together and encourage the Senate to pass this legislation and forward it to the White House.

xmanhockey7
11-24-2011, 00:22
i hope i'm not being too judgemental, or pehaps even paranoid, but it seems to me that a lot of people and some pro-gun groups are pefectly content to sit on the sidelines and do nothing while the nra and it's measly 4 million members pull the load for them.

In some cases, they even complain and criticize the nra for attempting to pass legislation (h.r.822) that would benefit (in one way or another) every person in the u.s. That has a concealed carry license.

Opposition to to this legislation should be expected from anti-gun organizations but not from other pro-gun organizations and individuals.

The rationalization that this will give the federal more power over concealed carry laws, or encourage more anti-gun legislation doesn't hold water.

The nra has successfully (with the help of many true friends) ushered this bill through the house.

The democratic gun owners will now have the opportunity to see just how pro-gun the senate majority leader (harry reid) really is.

It's also time for all pro-gun organizations to work together and encourage the senate to pass this legislation and forward it to the white house.

+1!!!!!!!!!!