Lesson of White House strafing: Limit guns now [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lesson of White House strafing: Limit guns now

HerrGlock
11-23-2011, 04:42
http://www.suntimes.com/news/jackson/8982041-452/lesson-of-white-house-strafing-limit-guns-now.html

LongGoneDays
11-23-2011, 04:43
Took longer than I thought.

syntaxerrorsix
11-23-2011, 04:55
After reading the comments it appears the article did not have it's intended affect. Only one maroon in caps praised the police state and all out tyranny.

Bren
11-23-2011, 05:13
Considering the left-wingers involved, "limiting guns" may have been the intent of the whole thing. After all, communists have no chance among an armed, free population.

By the way, if the guy was trying to shoot 800 yards with an AK and managed to group them tight enough that 2 or 3 actually hit the white house, he was doing some good shooting.:rofl:

HerrGlock
11-23-2011, 05:22
I just figure Jesse is trying to be relevant today. Notice I didn't say succeeding, just trying.

Bren
11-23-2011, 05:34
I just figure Jesse is trying to be relevant today. Notice I didn't say succeeding, just trying.

I skipped over the author's name.

WarCry
11-23-2011, 06:28
It's amazing that people try SOO hard to find some way to make a connection to "gun-grab" attempts and this administration, even though the only gun-bills signed in the White House over the last few years have been pro gun.

Jesse Jackson is preaching to his base in Chicago, and that's completely unsurprising. The folks in Chicago are the ones keeping IL from joining the other 49 states in carry laws (though that's changing). As usually happens, he's getting no traction and won't get any.

In other words, it's just a stunt to get his name back in the headlines and has no bearing on reality at all.

pugman
11-23-2011, 06:44
It's amazing that people try SOO hard to find some way to make a connection to "gun-grab" attempts and this administration, even though the only gun-bills signed in the White House over the last few years have been pro gun.

Jesse Jackson is preaching to his base in Chicago, and that's completely unsurprising. The folks in Chicago are the ones keeping IL from joining the other 49 states in carry laws (though that's changing). As usually happens, he's getting no traction and won't get any.

In other words, it's just a stunt to get his name back in the headlines and has no bearing on reality at all.

As a Wisconsinite...you have my sympathy.

23 Days and counting..we are finally in the majority.

Its funny how people think though. My permit has been in the mail for a few days...expect it as an early Christmas present :supergrin:

I don't advertise my application, but when I ask people why I shouldn't get my permit..this is when the fun really starts. Their comments are so washed in decades of incoherent garbage you seriously have to sit back and wonder how these people really think.

What is even more fun is when they try and bait me. A coworker recently approcahed me and asked what would I do if I saw a guy pulling some woman out of his car screaming at her.

I said "I wouldn't do anything...I'm not the police. How do I know its not some happily married couple having that once a year fight. If I thought it was going to get violent, I would intervene..but the firearm would be the last thing I would use."

"You wouldn't go over and try and shoot him?"

"Ah...no"

And while it is funny...there is the scary part. Someone who doesn't have a permit....but if he went to get one...his first thought in this situation would be to go over and shoot the man?

HerrGlock
11-23-2011, 06:50

Its funny how people think though. My permit has been in the mail for a few days...expect it as an early Christmas present :supergrin:

I don't advertise my application, but when I ask people why I shouldn't get my permit..this is when the fun really starts. Their comments are so washed in decades of incoherent garbage you seriously have to sit back and wonder how these people really think.

What is even more fun is when they try and bait me. A coworker recently approcahed me and asked what would I do if I saw a guy pulling some woman out of his car screaming at her.

I said "I wouldn't do anything...I'm not the police. How do I know its not some happily married couple having that once a year fight. If I thought it was going to get violent, I would intervene..but the firearm would be the last thing I would use."

"Ah...no"

And while it is funny...there is the scary part. Someone who doesn't have a permit....but if he went to get one...his first thought in this situation would be to go over and shoot the man?

Projection is the primary resistance of any carry law. Some people cannot comprehend that not everyone thinks as they do nor is everyone as violent in thought as they are. They think this way therefore everyone thinks this way.

badge315
11-23-2011, 06:57
I love the last line in JJ's diatribe about not needing to wait for another leader to be shot. Doesn't he really mean black leader? Because I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have been all that upset if GWB had been shot. :upeyes:

aircarver
11-23-2011, 07:08
We know who the enemy is and are working to remove them.

Straight Pipe
11-23-2011, 07:28
I'm not a conspiricy theorist but if someone told me 3 years ago the DOJ under this administration would try and fabricate support for a weapons ban by conducting Opperation F&F I would have told them they'er out of their mind. And then DOJ got their hand caught in the cookie jar. Anyone who says this is not the caser is either a liar or or a fool.

Now from the same DOJ we're supposed to believe that some nut job can take a POS (SKS?) carbine and hit a target from 800 yards? This may in fact be the actual case but my faith in this DOJ has been shattered. I'll wait till the next administration takes over and purges all of the DOJ of the current Obama cronies before I put any trust in them again.

Carrys
11-23-2011, 08:12

Elect the great one again......................then hide and watch, eh?

But that's simply my opinion.

eta:

But that opinion is based in part on the understanding of the true intent behind such debacles as the Fast and Furious scam.

8-Ball
11-23-2011, 08:12
It makes me feel warm and fuzzy reading the comments and seeing all but one make sense and defend the second amendment.

SergeantC
11-23-2011, 10:17
My reply:

First of all, there is no evidence that the 1994-2004 Assault Weapons Ban had any effect at all on crime. Second, gun bans only disarm the law-abiding, the ones who do not commit crimes. The suspect in this case, who had several run-ins with the law, probably could not legally own a firearm anyway -- not if he was a convicted felon. Third, I do not believe that ownership of assault weapons is legal in the District of Columbia.

I am saddened that you have learned nothing from Chicago's failed gun ban. Or the failed gun ban in the District of Columbia, for that matter.

More gun control is not the answer. It is only the same failed response to a high-profile situation.

Hines57
11-23-2011, 10:29
By the way, if the guy was trying to shoot 800 yards with an AK and managed to group them tight enough that 2 or 3 actually hit the white house, he was doing some good shooting.:rofl:

Maybe a PSL, one of the Draganov clones. It might be capable.

mhunter
11-23-2011, 10:36
Glad I finally decided to purchase my first AR...

wjv
11-23-2011, 11:54
1-2 bullets =strafing?????

mgs
11-23-2011, 12:06
Consider the author....not a clue, Mike.

vafish
11-23-2011, 12:18
Jesse needs to learn how to count better.

He claims 30,000 a year die from gun violence on the us.

The real number is about 1/3 of that.

Not to mention that while he did recognise that gun ownership is at an all time high, he forgot to mention that violent crime is at a low.

sargespd
11-23-2011, 12:25

Do you have any doubt whatsoever that if this administration gets another 4 years, that the lame duck president won't push for anti-gun legislation, or better yet, just "executive order" anything he wants? I agree that JJ is irrelevant, but that doesn't change the fact that this administration is simply biding their time.

Peace Frog
11-23-2011, 12:56

Seriously?

Think F&F and what came out of that so far without going thru Congress...

Carrys
11-23-2011, 13:36
Seriously?

Think F&F and what came out of that so far without going thru Congress...

IMO it did not, but being the fair minded person I try to be.....I would be willing to listen to any proof you have that states otherwise.

mt920
11-23-2011, 15:48

What do you mean the folks in Chicago? It's not the residents... I place the blame on the politicians in the Cook County districts. A lot of the residents from Chicago are tired of being victimized by thugs. And, I too, believe that we'll have CCW within a couple of years. We need to get Pat Quinn (a man who is known by some as the governor of Illinois) out of office first.

bug
11-23-2011, 16:13
"Nearly 30,000 people a year die as a result of gun violence in the United States. About 100,000 a year are injured and require medical treatment and hospitalization"

"Last year, FBI crime reports show that 8,775 out of 12,996 total murders in the U.S. were committed using firearms"

30,000-8775 = 21,225 suicides? seems high but honestly I don't know.

12,996-8775 = 4221 what should we ban to stop the other 4000 murders?

Out of the 100,000 do you think they are including things like slide bite and scope eye in there cause that seems like a high number as well.

WarCry
11-23-2011, 16:32
What do you mean the folks in Chicago? It's not the residents... I place the blame on the politicians in the Cook County districts. A lot of the residents from Chicago are tired of being victimized by thugs. And, I too, believe that we'll have CCW within a couple of years. We need to get Pat Quinn (a man who is known by some as the governor of Illinois) out of office first.

I know it's not everyone in Chicago. But when you look at the numbers on that tally-board for HR148 last spring, where do you think all the "No" votes were coming from. And those people casting the "No" votes were put there by citizens.

Everyone talks about the corrupt politics in Chicago, but in the modern age of voter-fraud monitoring, don't you think there'd be at least ONE case of someone at least CLAIMING something going on? There are NO Republican lawyers in the whole of Cook County that would try and bring charges of tampering?

Not all the citizens of Chicago are anti-gun (and no, I'm not talking about the criminals). But enough of them are that they keep electing the same people again and again.

As to the question of the current administration and what happens if they get a second term, the answer I think nothing will change. The Supreme Court has too many rulings that are pro-2A to even let an executive order stand. The checks-and-balances system works not just to keep an eye on the legislative, but the executive, also. Say whatever you want, President Obama knows how to read polls and stuff and he's not going to do something this far off center. And even if he did, do you really think either the Congress or the Courts will swing so far to the left as to let it stand?

Jerry
11-23-2011, 17:09

"Ah...no"

Dollar to a Do-Nut he has had no firearms training what so ever. Am I right?

Haven’t had time to read the article yet. May comment later!

Jerry
11-23-2011, 17:13

Aaaaaaaaaaa who elected the politicians in the Cook County districts? :upeyes:

Deployment Solu
11-23-2011, 19:27
Jj=pos

Bren
11-24-2011, 07:28

If you assume "fast and furious" and the guns to Mexico programs were not part of a gun grab attempt, that would be true. I don't agree with that. I think it is all just part of a new strategy - having learned that most voters don't support gun control, the new strategy is to make enough support it that they can still get elected.

If the Democrats/Obama are only passing pro-gun laws it really only proves one thing: they ONLY care about getting elected, not about their supposed ideology. Obama and other top democrats going pro-gun, knowing their anti-gun beliefs and backgrounds, only proves their lack of integrity (since I can't believe they have learned they were wrong).

Bren
11-24-2011, 07:34

If you think it isn't the residents of Chicago, you really need to step back to civics class and think about how our government works. Our favorite thing is to elect the ones who only care about themselves, so they'll do whatever they think most people want.

In America, we like to claim evil corrupt politicians do things, but the truth is WE collectively do things and those politicians are us and under our control.

Sort of like how we (at least a sizeable number) like to claim evil corrupt corporations do things, but the truth is WE own those corporations and everything they do is a response to us (mainly the public, not just the owners). Doing what we REALLY want (not what we say we want) is how they get US to give them money.

Since I',m off topic anyhow - the same analysis applies to how we claim the police do bad things, lawyers are dishonest (even though the law doesn't allow them to state any of the fact evidence in their cases), the courts are corrupt, etc.

Mostly, we just like to deny responsibility and blame somebody else.

Jerry
11-24-2011, 10:52
Something I’ve never understood is (and by no means do I mean ALL but a large majority) why Jews and Black people seem to be the largest supporters of gun control. You’d think with a short look back in history they’d be the one’s screaming from the roof tops, [b]FROM OUR COLD DEAD HANDS[b]. But more often than not they are the ones supporting gun control. Makes no sence to me! :dunno:

Peace Frog
11-25-2011, 08:53
http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshgerstein/0711/NRA_Well_sue_over_new_reporting_rule_for_multiple_gun_buys.html

wrenrj1
11-25-2011, 09:43
Quote from Article:

"Due to the power of the gun lobby — led by the National Rifle Association — our gun laws are becoming weaker, not stronger. More Americans now own a gun on their property than any time since 1993, and for the first time, a majority of Americans are against a ban on assault rifles and semiautomatics. Few politicians want to touch the issue."

This is the majority that needs to vote!

Peace Frog
11-25-2011, 11:36
Quote from Article:

"Due to the power of the gun lobby — led by the National Rifle Association — our gun laws are becoming weaker, not stronger. More Americans now own a gun on their property than any time since 1993, and for the first time, a majority of Americans are against a ban on assault rifles and semiautomatics. Few politicians want to touch the issue."

This is the majority that needs to vote!

Yes they need to get out and vote but even though more Americans are against a assault ban a lot of them are more concerned they will lose their free government handouts,or they count on people like you and me to get and and vote.
I've never missed a opportunity to cast my vote and I never will as long as I can help it!

Peace Frog
11-25-2011, 11:39
From article...

Cox accused the Obama administration of making an end-run around Congress, which has approved mandatory reporting of multiple handgun purchases, but did not include long arms or so-called assault weapons in that requirement.

"Because the American people don't approve of his gun-control agenda, he's trying to circumvent Congress, the NRA official said of Obama. "The whole thing is a disraction away from the gross incompetence that we’ve seen in this Fast & Furious scandal. ... The truth is a $40 billion criminal enterprise is not going to be worried about paperwork violations. This is not a serious attempt at controlling the drug cartels."

ChadN.
11-29-2011, 15:58
http://www.suntimes.com/news/jackson/8982041-452/lesson-of-white-house-strafing-limit-guns-now.html

Eh, saw who the author was and didn't bother to read it. I might lose a couple of brain cells reading this racist' idiotic rants about gun control.

ChadN.
11-29-2011, 16:00
Something I’ve never understood is (and by no means do I mean ALL but a large majority) why Jews and Black people seem to be the largest supporters of gun control. You’d think with a short look back in history they’d be the one’s screaming from the roof tops, [b]FROM OUR COLD DEAD HANDS[b]. But more often than not they are the ones supporting gun control. Makes no sence to me! :dunno:

Jerry, I personally don't think it's a matter of race, but more so on how educated they are in terms of gun control. But looking at it from that away, yes, it does not make sense at all! :rofl:

Agonizer
11-29-2011, 16:15
"Fifty-caliber sniper rifles and firearms that combine long range, accuracy and massive firepower are not used for hunting animals — they are military weapons used to hunt people."

Sorry Mr. J, but the second amendment is not about hunting animals.

I don't want to sign up with the paper just to say that.