Seat Belt extender [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Seat Belt extender

SCSU74
11-23-2011, 18:29
Anyone know of or use a seat belt extender in the crown vic? My new holster for weaponlight hits the top of the latch and i cannot buckle my seatbelt anymore, just wondering if anybody had experience with extenders. Thanks in advance.

fran m
11-23-2011, 18:32
I've heard, don't know for sure, that the Ford Dealerships will give one to you.

I don't know why they just don't make the latch higher. Always is hard to buckle up.

ray9898
11-23-2011, 18:53
I have one in mine, free from the local dealership. It is awesome, adds about 6" so you buckle or unbuckle in front of your holster. I don't think I could live without it now.

dano1427
11-23-2011, 19:29
Why did Ford put the seatbelt latch inside the damn seat?

We're not allowed to use the extenders because (so they say) that it makes the seatbelt less effective....go figure, now, many dont wear their belts because the seatbelt is almost impossible to latch into the damn in-seat seatbelt latch.

ray9898
11-23-2011, 21:46

We're not allowed to use the extenders because (so they say) that it makes the seatbelt less effective....go figure, now, many dont wear their belts because the seatbelt is almost impossible to latch into the damn in-seat seatbelt latch.

Don't see how....it is the same material.

x_out86
11-23-2011, 22:00
Have one. Got it from Ford. Love it....Get one.

Enough said.

Cochese
11-23-2011, 22:05

I would challenge them with information from the manufacturer which states otherwise. Whomever came up with that hairbrained idea should be ballpunched nightly.

You can get them free from any Ford dealer. They are required to provide them free upon request.

Cochese
11-23-2011, 22:06
And if you are "not allowed" I would just keep it in your war bag and remember to take it off if your in a wreck and still conscious afterward. :supergrin:

Ajon412
11-25-2011, 10:57
Some of our guys utilize them in their 2008 Expeditions and 2011 Tahoes...No complaints so far...

SCSU74
11-25-2011, 19:30
I've heard, don't know for sure, that the Ford Dealerships will give one to you.

I don't know why they just don't make the latch higher. Always is hard to buckle up.

Awesome! Sure appreciate it, had a close call last week time to wear the belt

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

rookie1
11-25-2011, 20:22
Some guys at out dept. wear them to stop the seat belt chime. That will open up a can of worms, but to each their own. I jumped in a car that had one and liked it. Never got the ambition to go get one but they did make it more comfortable. Every little bit helps.

car541
11-26-2011, 20:08
We made everyone get rid of them because folks were buckling the seat belt to the extender behind their back so the black box would register that the seatbelt was buckled and they could still drive around with their seatbelt off.

I find it amazing that some of these old heads still wont wear a seatbelt.

Pepper45
11-27-2011, 01:18
We made everyone get rid of them because folks were buckling the seat belt to the extender behind their back so the black box would register that the seatbelt was buckled and they could still drive around with their seatbelt off.

I find it amazing that some of these old heads still wont wear a seatbelt.

That's retarded admin thinking. Punish everyone, and make some people less safe, because some idiots refuse to obey a current policy.

Hack
11-27-2011, 02:44
That's retarded admin thinking. Punish everyone, and make some people less safe, because some idiots refuse to obey a current policy.

Some get that attitude from the military. But, in this case it is very bad thinking. You have someone who cannot wear a seat belt because of physical and equipment issues, which means that there are grounds for a lawsuit.

car541
11-27-2011, 10:18

Yes, but not uncommon. Same thinking that caused DAO revolvers, plastic body Streamlights, etc.

One agency near me made everyone get rid of their coaxial weaponlights because one guys used his pistol to direct traffic at an extra job after his flashlight batteries died.

SCSU74
11-27-2011, 10:21
Yes, but not uncommon. Same thinking that caused DAO revolvers, plastic body Streamlights, etc.

One agency near me made everyone get rid of their coaxial weaponlights because one guys used his pistol to direct traffic at an extra job after his flashlight batteries died.

we almost lost our tasers because an oldhead w/o a flashlight was using it to write and had it pinched between his shoulder and neck and it went off haha.

SCSU74
11-27-2011, 10:22
Some get that attitude from the military. But, in this case it is very bad thinking. You have someone who cannot wear a seat belt because of physical and equipment issues, which means that there are grounds for a lawsuit.

crown vics are not made for people over 6'5 haha

Medic3166
11-29-2011, 01:26

We had a call for a known EDP with some sort of self-inflicted head injury in a crappy apartment complex. As I was walking up the hallway the patient was sitting on the floor crying. The obnoxious female officer standing over him decided it would be a good idea to unholster her G22 and use the attached TLR-1 to get a better view of the laceration on the back of his head... :brickwall:

m2hmghb
11-29-2011, 01:50
We had a call for a known EDP with some sort of self-inflicted head injury in a crappy apartment complex. As I was walking up the hallway the patient was sitting on the floor crying. The obnoxious female officer standing over him decided it would be a good idea to unholster her G22 and use the attached TLR-1 to get a better view of the laceration on the back of his head... :brickwall:

I hope that is former officer. Was this in the projects?